PDA

View Full Version : so NIN...are AWSOME!!

boris no no
07-09-2005, 12:28 PM
just got back from seeing NIN.
basically they were absolutly AMAZING!
THEY PLAYED ALL THE GOOD SONGS -
something i could never have,
reptile (i was sooooooo happy about this one!),
wish,
gave up
head like a hole,
terrible lie,
starf***ers,
with teeth,
hand that feeds,
the wretched,
the fragile
where is everybody?,
closer (<3333),
march of the pigs,
the day the world went away
and a song that i actually have never heard which was awesome
...i think thats all.... xD
but it was amazing! so there you go!

Meow
07-09-2005, 12:45 PM
My big thing about Trent Reznor is that his albums sound like he's thrown darts at the phone book and initiated lots of conversations similar to:

<b>Trent:</b> Hello? Hi there. Excuse me sir, but are you thirteen?

<b>Boy:</b> Um... yeah?

<b>Trent:</b> Excellent! Well then, what should i do on my next album?

[and repeat and repeat and]

Which isn't to be insulting, because i do think he's a fairly talented cat. His music is just a little, um... angsty, is all. In sometimes-overbearing kind of way.

Rye
07-09-2005, 12:54 PM
I like NIN, but some of the songs are a bit too sound effect heavy, and not instrument heavy. I like Trent's voice a lot.

-N-
07-09-2005, 08:16 PM
I agree with Blanco, but they do put on a great live act.

*saw them at Coachella, but was more excited Black Star was playing afterward*

boris no no
07-09-2005, 09:07 PM
well there were alot of people there just to see the eagles of death metal. who were ok!
NIN are my fav band of all time! i've been wanting to see them since i was 14ish! so 6 years. they were the first "metal" band i got into. i looooooooooooooooooove the way he smaples all the different sounds in <33333333333333333 and i will have trents babies...one day! :love:

crashNUMBERS
07-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Nine Inch Nails, right?? Heard of them. Im looking forward to their new video on MTV2 I think on tuesday...

Jack
07-13-2005, 09:23 AM
I personally love the way NIN have mixed electronica & metal in a affecting manner. I enjoy rock/metal when they embrace the electronica and mix it. For example, the favourite Smashing Pumpkins albums are during the electrnica period in their existence (Adore & MACHINA). NIN also carry a decent sound and Mr Reznor is a very talented man.

Dreddz
07-13-2005, 11:54 AM
lol Nine Inch Nails, Guess everyone should know on how I feel about them

KoShiatar
07-13-2005, 09:27 PM
I saw NIN live some years ago and they were one of the greatest acts ever. Excessive in every way and yes, they have a lovable inclination towards playing all of their best songs live. Including Reptile, which is one of my favourites ever.

kikimm
07-13-2005, 09:29 PM
I've only listened to one song of theirs (Suck) but I really, really like it. I should probably go digging around for some more of their work.

Damn I haven't been to a concert in so long.

:D

Phoenix127
07-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey there everyone. I'm new and my names Jamie or (by my middle name) Adam. There that's my introduction but let's talk!

NIN are a great band. I have only got NIN - With Teeth but I want more of their albums. I think Trent has a great voice and his styles are very weird, but alot of the time, he amazed me. For example, RIGHT WHERE IT BELONGS is so damn... depressing. I write songs for fun but I can never get that mcuh of an effect.
Every Day Is Exactly The Same is cool!

Much Love
Phoenix