PDA

View Full Version : worth the replay?

MAS82587
07-09-2005, 06:50 PM
so once i finish replaying ffvii, i was thinking, what next? i have played and beaten ffix, including beating ozma and most of the other sidequests, but i just dont know if it would be worth replaying.
i cant remember any moments/scenes that were really sweet and worth replaying the whole game for. i did like the story with kuja, and i liked some of the characters, but not a lot. i just dont know if it would be worth all the time.
can anyone sway me towards one side or the other? remind me of the good parts in the game. i need some motivation....

thanks

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
07-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Sure, I've replayed FFIX a lot. Probably almost as much as FFVII. Come back to it in a few months. It'll become a fresh experience again.

After a few years, this happens to some SNES games, as well, which may be partly why I've heard that the current generation of video games have been the Dark Ages.

The Alexandria sequence is probably one of the best intros in a FF ever. By then, you're seduced by the game through-out the entire pretty good first disc.

eestlinc
07-09-2005, 08:54 PM
depends on how thorough you were the first time. ff9 has lots of stuff that is easy to miss.

Lon611
07-09-2005, 10:39 PM
i cant remember any moments/scenes that were really sweet and worth replaying the whole game for.
:eek:

wow. im always thinking abuot replaying ffix, cuz its a rare breed indeed :D . some good scenes: brane(?)'s death, going to pandemonium, learning about the Iifa tree, quina getting married to vivi, the whole "love letters to Beatriz", steiner's antics, and of course, the ending :D.

i personally love this game :spin:

EDIT: i can't believe i was so stupid to forget dagger cutting her hair. forgive me.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
07-10-2005, 04:54 AM
Oh, Garnet cutting her hair is not why I replay this game. The game would have gotten a 10 out of 10 if she didn't cut her hair, but thankfully she grows it out again, so the game loses a sixteenth of a point instead of an eighth of a point.

Doomie
07-10-2005, 05:18 AM
The game with the most replay value. Easily.

XxSephirothxX
07-10-2005, 05:57 AM
Absolutely. I replayed it last month and enjoyed it more than I've enjoyed any game in a long, long time.

GooeyToast
07-10-2005, 07:47 AM
After playing this game 3 times, i can definetly agree with Del Mordor in saying it has the highest replay value. In fact, first time through, I forgot about the whole "Chocobo Hot & Cold" mini-game & skipped it entirely. On the second playthrough, i realized what all i missed. :D

So yes, you should defiently replay IX. It really is one of the best FF"s, on par with 7 easily. IX gets my replay vote all the way.

~Keep it gooey~

boys from the dwarf
07-10-2005, 08:57 AM
ive replayed it and enjoyed it but im not one to replay FFs unless i really feel like it,have missed something orhave to.(like in FF10 where my characters were underleveled so i couldnt get past seymour flux and in FF4 when i was underleveled.)

MAS82587
07-10-2005, 09:27 PM
yea i guess i do sort of remember some great parts now that u guys jump started my memory.
well i think im gona try kingdom hearts first, then ill replay ffix.
i hated how she wanted to be called dagger after she cut her hair. that was so dumb, but the rest was sweet.

stormcrow
07-11-2005, 05:53 PM
I'd say its definately worth the replay, no doubt. IX was the first Final Fantasy that I beat, so before I replayed it I beat all the other ones first (and not only the new ones) . I find it goes a lot lot lot faster the second time through, even after you forget a bunch of stuff. I got to disk three in 5 days, and when i played it the first time it took me like 3 months. Also if youve done all the sidequests i wouldnt do them again, if your worried about time. Surprisingly enough, even after playing this game, and having the other Final Fantasys in my mind, i seemed to remember a bunch of stuff as i played through, even small details, like which treasure chests are monsters, and stuff. I don't know if itll be the same for you but, after about 3 or 4 years before last playing it, i remembered how to do everything better, but it gave me a refresher on the storyline, and i built myself stronger, more easily. You also get a lot more out of this if youve played the old ones first. Oh this is kind of a SPOILER: but a cool part to be reminded of is when Bahamut and Alexander duke it out, and Garland shows up... Sorry for the huge post!

Del Murder
07-16-2005, 08:07 AM
I played it twice and greatly enjoyed it the second time around.

Wizdom
07-16-2005, 12:06 PM
play it! reasons:
-moogles
-chcobos
-a lot of summons

Crossblades
07-18-2005, 03:37 AM
I'm in the process for playing it a second time. And you should too. It's really an awesome game

Wizdom
07-18-2005, 05:31 PM
another reason :

festival in lindblum!

MoonZapdos
07-18-2005, 06:01 PM
so once i finish replaying ffvii, i was thinking, what next? i have played and beaten ffix, including beating ozma and most of the other sidequests, but i just dont know if it would be worth replaying.
i cant remember any moments/scenes that were really sweet and worth replaying the whole game for. i did like the story with kuja, and i liked some of the characters, but not a lot. i just dont know if it would be worth all the time.
can anyone sway me towards one side or the other? remind me of the good parts in the game. i need some motivation....

thanks
If it wasn't worth replaying it, I shouldn't have cleared it 4 times.

Black Waltz
07-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Yo defineatly replay it iv just started playing it again jus got onto disk 2 lol actually its got me back into final fantasy cuz iv been so busy i havnt had time for RPGs in ages about 2 years but im hooked again now!!!

Mo-Nercy
07-19-2005, 04:55 AM
FFIX is a very short Final Fantasy so it won't take long for a replay. It's not my favourite FF but it's definitely the one I've spent the most time playing. The side quests are among the best in any RPG I've played IMHO. The allusions and cameo appearances of other Final Fantasy games and their characters is cool. "I remember a guy with spiky hair who used to have a sword this big."

The entire game carries a nostalgic tone which is particularly strong throughout if you've played the earlier FFs. The music is tops (Place of Return). Characters are funny and quirky (not just the ones in your party btw). Kuja is arguably the best villian of all time because his story and motivation for destroying the world is particularly touching.

Dreddz
07-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Ive done it 4 times till I got bored, So theres lots of Replay value