PDA

View Full Version : When the fun seriously begins...

Peter_20
07-09-2005, 07:46 PM
I always thought the FF games got seriously entertaining once you got the Airship.
Itīs the same in all of the FF-games - Airship = yay.
In FF1 you can fetch those wonderful ProRings and Gold Bracelets, in FF4 you can immediately set for the town of Silvera and get the Mithril stuff, in FF6 you can level up your Espers on the island with the Intangir and so forth.

Of course it was the same with FF7, once you got the Airship you could freely fly about in the world and collect great stuff everywhere.
However, I think the TRUE entertainment in this game would be to get those Huge Materias and collect precious stuff like Master Magic and Master Command and link them with Support Materia in various interesting ways (THANKS to the "confused" one from this forum who came up with the combo:
Master Command=HP Absorb, Master Magic=All, Master Summon=MP Absorb, it rules bigtime!) :love:

I always get huge kicks by mastering Materia after Materia and run to Bugenhagen in order to get another Master Materia. It never gets boring, itīs so sweet to see those Materias get mastered in the EXP/AP screen everytime, >bling!<, "Ultima was born". :D
Donīt you agree, guys? :cool:

chadwixx
07-09-2005, 07:50 PM
i start having fun when i get out of midgar.

Necronopticous
07-09-2005, 07:51 PM
When you turn the power on.

Peter_20
07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Of course, but Iīm talking about those totally wonderful moments that appear later in the game.
Personally, I think itīs as most entertaining during the second disc; you get access to practically everything!
You can raise chocobos, get some bad-ass Materia, collect the Ultimate Weapons or simply fly about in the world and stuff like that, you know. :)

I never got any serious kicks during the first disc.
Sure, itīs fun, but I mostly think of it as a hint about the fun that is to come.

Rengori
07-09-2005, 08:05 PM
The fun begins when I get to the second continent. In FF2, the game's fun from the beginning, since I haven't really found a way to pikot the airship other than telling Cid to take you somewhere. FF5 is fun once you get the Dragon. I think FF8 is fun after you leave Dollet. FF9 is fun once you leave the Ice Cave. I don't think FFX is fun.

Peter_20
07-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Rengori:

There actually is a way to use the Airship in a different way:
in the end of the game, talk to Cid, and afterwards
he dies and gives you the Airship.

Kakashi509
07-09-2005, 11:37 PM
turning on/off the power and in FFVII's case when Aeris dies :bgl:

Lon611
07-10-2005, 03:56 AM
i think the fun begins when u become pretty much invincible :D

boys from the dwarf
07-10-2005, 08:49 AM
i was realy pleased when i got the airship because years ago i remember playing FF7 at my cousins house and the airship.whan i got on the airship i recognized the music and the place and felt all"WTF!frikkinawesome"so thats one of the point in the game where i felt a lot of accomlishment.(same with when i got KOTR.)

GooeyToast
07-10-2005, 09:07 AM
Midgar was always the most fun for me.

That and the Gold Saucer.

~Keep it gooey~

Shooting Star
07-10-2005, 09:19 AM
I always have fun when i go to Gold Saucer :D My 2 fave games there were the snowboarding one and that speed area game too!

* White Aeris *
07-10-2005, 11:59 AM
When you turn the power on

so true, so true! :) the best part of the day! :love: i love my playstation!!! :love:

Dreddz
07-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Its fun right from the start, the best moment is the beginning of the game when you are in Midgar.

Sephitachi7
07-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Midgar and Gold Saucer. The most annoying is that Ancient Forest. I hate the stupid frogs and flies.

Ohhh
07-17-2005, 02:42 PM
i think the fun begins when u become pretty much invincible :D
amen to that! :D and when u get your full party and the process start training em up to make them invincible is fun!

Peter_20
07-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Thatīs what I mean, PrincessYuna! :D
Right now Iīm collecting Sources and Master Materias,
and I almost beat Emerald Weapon with the "repeat Limit Break forever" technique. :cool:
However, Cloud only mimed it once at a time, so I didnīt deal enough damage before I was killed myself. :cry:
But it WAS close, one more hit would doīem in! :D:D:D

fantasyjunkie
07-17-2005, 11:24 PM
I always thought the FF games got seriously entertaining once you got the Airship.
Itīs the same in all of the FF-games - Airship = yay.
In FF1 you can fetch those wonderful ProRings and Gold Bracelets, in FF4 you can immediately set for the town of Silvera and get the Mithril stuff, in FF6 you can level up your Espers on the island with the Intangir and so forth.

Of course it was the same with FF7, once you got the Airship you could freely fly about in the world and collect great stuff everywhere.
However, I think the TRUE entertainment in this game would be to get those Huge Materias and collect precious stuff like Master Magic and Master Command and link them with Support Materia in various interesting ways (THANKS to the "confused" one from this forum who came up with the combo:
Master Command=HP Absorb, Master Magic=All, Master Summon=MP Absorb, it rules bigtime!) :love:

I always get huge kicks by mastering Materia after Materia and run to Bugenhagen in order to get another Master Materia. It never gets boring, itīs so sweet to see those Materias get mastered in the EXP/AP screen everytime, >bling!<, "Ultima was born". :D
Donīt you agree, guys? :cool:
The airship is totally cool. I loved it when Tifa was stuck on the edge of that cannon and I was wondering how the hell she was going to get away, then I hear this rousing music and then the Highwind rose up behind her. Just amazing.

Perducci
07-20-2005, 01:54 AM
The Fun begins when you get Cait Sith on your team. ^^

eestlinc
07-20-2005, 02:44 AM
I really don't like the Midgar part, although climbing the ShinRa tower is fun.

Floorgasborg
07-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Midgar's only good because it has Rufus in it, heheh :P
I guess the boring bits are usually the bits at the beginning because they are so familiar! You're more likely going to be fighting your way up the Shinra tower for the 100th time than defeat Sephiroth for the 100th time...mostly due to resets and botched up games, as it were Ž_Ž
It is quite funny how the airships seem to be the turning points in the FF series :D The world is accessible and you can truly rule the game. Sorta. The only problem is that when you get the airship (or equivalent), it has implications that the game willl end soon. The solution? Go to the Gold Saucer and never leave ^_^

Peter_20
07-21-2005, 08:53 PM
OFF TOPIC:
The Airship came and went a lot in FF6. :rolleyes2
>borrow, yay!< - >leave, sigh< - >yay!< - >CRASH!< - >yay!< - >RUMBLE-KABOOM!< - >YAY!!!< :D

ON TOPIC:
I always dance with joy when I get the Airship.
With the exception, of course, to FF3, in the beginning. ;)

LunaticPandora37
07-21-2005, 09:33 PM
the fun for me began when you got to hear cloud's story...in kalm...wOOt

darkcloud_100
08-03-2005, 02:28 PM
I like the feelin you get after you beat one of the weapons

MAS82587
08-03-2005, 03:16 PM
i think its the best when u invade the shinra building.

silentravenbl
08-03-2005, 03:20 PM
I think the best parts of the are the videos and the Gold Saucer

DragonTU84
08-03-2005, 03:38 PM
My favorite parts of the game were always when Cloud was trying to figure out his "true identity," as well as the part when Cloud got over-exposed to the life-stream, and Tifa was watching over him. :cry: