PDA

View Full Version : Gunstar Super Heroes

SomethingBig
07-09-2005, 08:49 PM
This is the sequel to the, by far, greatest Platformer/Side-scroller to ever hit the gaming world. If you haven't played Gunstar Heroes, yet, I suggest you either get an emulator and the rom or get a Genesis and buy Gunstar Heroes on E Bay for $523,430,234,543,762.

Discuss sequel. Now.

Lon611
07-09-2005, 10:34 PM
oO

unless summer's rotted my brain into some sort of denny's breakfast :rolleyes2 then i believe there's one coming out for gba, no?or already came out for?

neways, it looked interesting when i read about it. wish i could say more, but i've never played it :/

Gau Dude
07-10-2005, 01:31 AM
Maybe not the best Platformer and sure not side-scroller, but he climbs to the top of Shoot ´Em Ups in seconds.

SomethingBig
07-10-2005, 03:13 AM
unless summer's rotted my brain into some sort of denny's breakfast :rolleyes2 then i believe there's one coming out for gba, no?or already came out for?
Gunstar Heroes is for the Genesis. The sequel, Gunstar Super Heroes, is coming out for the GBA.

Gau Dude, you're just being crazy.

DJZen
07-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Yeah, Gunstar Heroes is easily one of the best things to happen to the Genesis period. It's also easily the king of shoot 'em ups (the only competition is Metal Slug and Alien Homonid). Is it one of the best side scrollers or platformers ever made? Well, if it isn't, it's damn close to the top. God bless you, Treasure...

Lindy
07-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Treasure are truly kings among men.

They deserve as much blessing for splitting from Konami as Tri-Ace (Wolf Team) from Namco.

Anyway, Gunstar Heroes played two-player Kaillera is like LOVE.

I managed to get up to uhh...the third level, the air one.

Seven Force is a bugger, or rather was a bugger for me since I didn't have my Light Sword =(

SomethingBig
07-10-2005, 08:39 PM
My brothers and I used to play this nonstop. I remember we got to that one boss who rides a robot and falls out when defeated. When the level wouldn't end, we went over to kick him around, only to get a grenade thrown at us. We died. :( I'm pretty sure we've beaten the game, though. My favorite combination was a combo of 2 of the triangular homing bullets.

DJZen
07-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Yeah, homing/homing makes the game super easy.

Lindy
07-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Pfft.

Lightning + Fire is the best.

Creates a stream of lightning in front of you that destroys EVERYTHING, and by that I mean everything, bullets and lasers and enemies and everything, fried in double-quick time. About the only thing it can't destroy is Smash Daisaku Spiral Head Shot, and a few other solid-boss attacks.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-17-2005, 05:53 AM
The trailer is here (http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5427), and of course, the game looks amazing. Treasure really seems to have pushed the GBA to its very limits.

The release date is October 26.