PDA

View Full Version : Did absaloutely ANYONE like Xenosaga II?

Destai
07-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Now I should probably mention I havent played any xeno games but Im still a big fan of the series as I love the soundtracks and Ive ordered DVD's for episode I&II with all the cutscenes on them. Everyone and every review Ive read seems to really have something against II. Did anyone here enjoy this game? I mean there were better graphics, Better music, serious character development and the story was added too. The game as far as I can see improved on all the things that made I a great RPG. Yeah, keep in mind I havent played it but did anyone who did like it?

Well its set for a release in europe now anyway so it may gain some popularity.

SomethingBig
07-09-2005, 09:07 PM
It was decent. Great story, great graphics. The battle engine was vastly improved. What was truly lacking was the skill tree or skill box. In Episode I, each character had their own skills, but in II, they all have the same list to choose from, which kind of eliminates the strategic part of the game. You can try to make classes, but you'll end up giving each character the same spells.

Another thing that was seriously lacking was the lack of stores. There are none. You can't buy anything. All you do is battle, level up, then see the next cut-scene. The dungeons, I'm happy to say, aren't as linear as I's dungeons, at least. You actually have puzzles to do.

Namco had great ideas for Xenosaga II. It had the potential to be the greatest RPG since FFVII, without a drop of a doubt, but they, for some reason, made extremely stupid errors.

Destai
07-09-2005, 09:15 PM
But the music was better than episode I wouldnt you agree? WOULDNT YOU??? YEAH SCREW YOU MITSUDA WHORES-I HAVE ISSUES

SomethingBig
07-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Sure, I guess. At least it has a battle theme. Episode I's battle theme was tedious, repetitive, and painful to the ears.

Necronopticous
07-09-2005, 09:21 PM
I absolutely loved it but I see it as an installment to a bigger picture rather than standalone games. I love everything that Xenosaga is so far and so I've loved both games equally, I don't really feel right comparing the two since, in my opinion, they were both done well and both serve the same purpose to progress the overall Xenosaga plot. Great game as far as I'm concerned.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-09-2005, 10:58 PM
I agree with Necro, they're both good games. And I do like Yuki Kaijura and Yasunori Mitsuda's music quite a bit, but I still think Mitsuda's music is better.

Destai
07-09-2005, 11:05 PM
I agree with Necro, they're both good games. And I do like Yuki Kaijura and Yasunori Mitsuda's music quite a bit, but I still think Mitsuda's music is better.Well I see where your coming from as Mitsuda is a fantastic artist but I think Kaijuras work in episode II was savagely under rated. I thought her music for episode II was better than Mitsudas soundtrack for Episode I. Im not judging them as overall artists.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Oh, I'm not saying her work wasn't great, it was, I just liked Mitsuda's work in Ep. 1 better.

Xalibar
07-31-2005, 12:42 AM
Do the Xenosaga series come before or after Xenogears?

Destai
07-31-2005, 12:45 AM
Do the Xenosaga series come before or after Xenogears?Its not clear yet. Supposedly before. Theres been confirmation that they take place in the same universe but they may be parralel dimensions or something like that. No one knows (possibly even the creators itself) where the series is going.

Shoeberto
07-31-2005, 12:49 AM
Episode 1 had a soundtrack? All I remember was a battle theme and the repetitive humming of a spaceship engine.

UWAOOOOU
07-31-2005, 01:01 AM
I thought the episode soundtrack was pretty good overall. A little bland quite often but still very good. Unless your not being sarcastic in which case http://bluelaguna.net/music/xs/mp3s.php

darkchrono
07-31-2005, 01:57 AM
A big reason why so many of the xeno freaks did not like Ep. II was because they were upset that the project leaders for Ep. I were forced to step down.

So they view the story for Ep. II to be inadequate because it was made by a completely different team of people than Ep. I.

That is the main reason you will find alot of people trashing Ep. II.

FallenAngel411
07-31-2005, 07:34 AM
I didn't mind episode II....well, I still haven't quite finished it, I keep getting distracted from it...its just not holding my attention the way the first one did...but it's not bad. I'm probably the only person who thought the graphics were a step down this time around, though. The characters aren't lip-synched the way they were in the first one (you know, in the important scenes, I mean), and they seem to move very slowly, like the graphics engine can't handle actual human speeds......I dunno. Looking back on the first, the movements of the characters seem much smoother and more fluid...more natural. Plus...I really don't like the new character models, to be honest. And KOS-MOS's new voice actress sucks...... :-/

And I also preferred the soundtrack of the first game...yes, repetitive, but there were a few tracks that really got me, like the music that plays in the background of the Song of Nephilim dungeon, for instance.

But really, the game is alright. I just hope that after I finish this, the third installment sucks me in the way the first did. Here's hoping.

°¿°¿°
07-31-2005, 07:37 AM
well at first i didnt think i was gonna like all the changes because i was like what? they all look somwhat differnt and sound differnent to ?!?! Did I buy xenosaga2 or xenosaga somthing else!!??!? but then after i played thropugh game i liked it muh better than xenosaga1

theundeadhero
07-31-2005, 08:01 AM
I find both SAGA games incredibly boring, yet I drag myself through them for the story. I'm working on II now.

UWAOOOOU
07-31-2005, 10:39 AM
II did have a really impressive soundtrack. However it was mostly butchered when it was put into actual gameplay as Yuki Kaijuras tracks were shortened and edited quite often. The soundtrack is much more impresive on CD and its really enjoyable.

Dreddz
07-31-2005, 12:07 PM
We will never know due to Europe sucking so very very much

UWAOOOOU
07-31-2005, 07:35 PM
We will never know due to Europe sucking so very very muchI already explained why you "would/will" know and also explained why it isnt Europes fault.

edczxcvbnm
07-31-2005, 09:21 PM
Everything was worse in this game compared to the last one

Graphics were worse...by a lot.
Music was worse on the whole.
The battle system was completely unbalanced and pitifully easy to get by on. It offered zero challenge and took forever to get anywhere.
Voice acting was /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif compared to the last game. Absolute /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

The point of the sequel is to improve upon the last. Not make it worse in all aspects.

UWAOOOOU
07-31-2005, 09:40 PM
Everything was worse in this game compared to the last one

Graphics were worse...by a lot.
Music was worse on the whole.
The battle system was completely unbalanced and pitifully easy to get by on. It offered zero challenge and took forever to get anywhere.
Voice acting was /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif compared to the last game. Absolute /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

The point of the sequel is to improve upon the last. Not make it worse in all aspects.Actually the soundtrack is much better in episode II by leaps and bounds in my opinion, Well anything Kajiura did anyway as episode I is seen by a lot of people as a boring soundtrack. And the cutscenes graphics and character designs were also improved. KOS-MOS's voice was worsened but the rest of the voices were perfectly fine with little difference and the lip synching was improved unbelievably if thats the proper term for matching the voice to moving lips. It wasnt that bad.