PDA

View Full Version : Can any one else play a tune from FF?

Fire_Emblem776
07-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Hi! I loved FF music alot. And one day i disided that i am gona learn to play zanarkand before i die.. Well its not as hard as i thought. one step at a time. I can play the melody! Well its fun and soo fulfilling! So who else can play a good tune.

I would like to thak ShiveBlizzard8 for the inspiration to presure this crazy goal. Piano is nice ( espicialy when you label all the keys!) and use midi music and convert it to sheet music and all the notes are labled for me, ahh makes memorizing them easyer. And Aris flowers in church is easy!

so what can you do or have trid!

THe prelude is easy at the begining! same notes over and over but go higher!

-N-
07-10-2005, 04:45 AM
Yeah, I've played through most of the FF6 Piano Collections and I am starting on the FF7 and FF8 Piano Collections. They are much harder. I also know how to play To Zanarkand, and it is a very nice melody. I like it. Good luck in your quest - it is quite rewarding. :)

Reles
07-10-2005, 05:23 AM
Mhm. I play the violin and for my brother's wedding I'm probably going to duet with a pianist on a bunch of FF songs. So it'll be loads of fun. :D

-N-
07-10-2005, 05:35 AM
Just for you, my man. ;)

Destai
07-10-2005, 11:10 AM
My friend can play Rufus's parade theme on the piano.

rubah
07-10-2005, 08:38 PM
I've played To Zanarkand and Yuna's Theme both on the piano to the point that I had them memorized. Then I got sick of yuna's themexD

I threw in a bridge to To Zanarkand so it could be sung to-Black Mages style ^_^ I don't usualy do much improv like that.

The real trick is playing suteki da ne. The piano is trying to emulate a violin, and even if you throw out the fourth page with its 32nd nonulets (that is a weirder word than ninelets. I swear.) the moving eighths don't give you much chance to read ahead.

Sefie1999AD
07-10-2005, 08:55 PM
I can play several FF songs on piano. I don't try to copy all the same background chords and patterns or repeat the versions on Piano Collections. Instead, I mostly focus on playing the melody and improvising with the accompaniment. My computer also has a midi keyboard and a program for playing it, but you can also play with your normal keyboard. ASDFGHJ make up CDEFGAH, and WETYU make C#D#F#G#A# notes. I can play Suteki Da Ne with these ASDFGHJ, though since you can only play one octave at a time, there won't be too much accompaniment.

The first FF songs I learned to play on piano were Aerith's theme and Interrupted by Fireworks. I only have the sheet music for very few FF songs, unfortunately, so I'll have to play most of the songs by ear. Dancing Mad is hard on piano, but I think it would sound quite good if anyone could play it.

silentenigma
07-11-2005, 03:08 AM
oh lets see... i have a keyboard and think that i have a decent ear for music.

FF main them
FF1 town theme
FF6 Terra
FF7 Aeris' theme
FF7 main theme
FF7 Cid's theme
FF7 Tifa's theme
FF8 Eyes on Me
FFX To Zanarkand
FFX Yuna's theme
FFX Tidus's theme

all of these songs come with chords. some are more complex then others.

Hawkeye
07-11-2005, 06:32 AM
I dont even bother with sheet music when I play on the piano. I arrange all my FF stuff. MUCH easier. Improvising is better anyways, because you can change the styles of the song, yet keep the same melody

Fire_Emblem776
07-11-2005, 04:36 PM
i envy you people who learn by ear

Bomber
07-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I've managed to pound out a few songs on the piano, without sheet music. I can play a half-decent version of "Zanarkand". I've also learned "Eyes On Me" and "Melodies of Life". And I can sort of play "Suteki Da Ne".

You know you've heard songs too many times when you can play them on piano without music... :sweat:

disapointedchild
07-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah, Lets see I can play
"To Zanarkand"
"Yunas Ballad"
"Kujas Theme"
"Eternity Memories Of lightwave"

Im working on 1000 words, and crystal theme.

Hinky the Pickle
07-11-2005, 08:45 PM
I learned to play FFI Town Theme & Castle Theme from sheet music but I also learned to play Melodies of Life by ear. Sometimes I just start playing random notes and if I hear a familiar tune I try to learn the whole song by ear, which is kind of how I learned MoL.

Fire_Emblem776
07-11-2005, 10:42 PM
You know you've heard songs too many times when you can play them on piano without music...

dont you mean without sheet music? :love:

Xander
07-12-2005, 12:48 PM
I can play Eyes on Me on the keyboard and guitar. Okay that's like only with the right hand on the keyboard but hey. And umm..I learnt the beginning of Suteki Da Ne on the keyboard, by ear too! And me and my friend learnt the chocobo music XD That's it. Nothing special, but it's fun.

GooeyToast
07-12-2005, 01:06 PM
I can play Loss of Me (remotely), Aeris' Theme, Aria, Terra, Ahead On Our Way, Waltz For The Moon, To Zanarkand, CT Theme, Melodies of Life, Eyes On Me, Figaro Castle, Treno, Song of Memory, Another World, Zanarkand Ruins, Chocobo Theme, and a s*** load of other things on my keyboard.

~Keep it gooey~

Selene
07-15-2005, 09:24 PM
I can't play piano for the life of me, but on my flute I can. I don't have any FF sheet music, but if I want to play something I'll listen to it several times and start playing it with trial and error. I can do it with Harry Potter music and serveral other types of music.

SeeDRankLou
07-15-2005, 10:01 PM
I've played most of several FF Piano Collections. They are nifty little numbers, and most not that difficult to play. Some of the harder ones I have yet to be able to play successfully, I'm not all that great at the piano yet. Eternity ~Memories of Waves and Light~ is a very nice piece to play, but the Piano Collection version of it makes for quite a more difficult experience. I can't yet get through the second half of it. It gets a bit frustrating. And I honestly do not know how Decisive Battle (FFX) is being played by just one piano. I mean I've heard it happen, I see the sheet music, my mother can do some of it, but I just can't seem to do it. I guess I just need to be better.

Shauna
07-15-2005, 11:13 PM
I want to... but I don't play the piano... and when I look at the piano sheet music, it just confuses me. xD

I just want to play the melody... I don't care about what ever you do with your left hand! xD

But, I hope to be able to play some day! <3 :D

Samuraid
07-15-2005, 11:23 PM
I can play just about any final fantasy song as long as I can hear a recording of the song first.

Dignified Pauper
07-15-2005, 11:40 PM
I can play through Phantom Midnight (Phantom Forest theme)

umm...

Empire(Ghestahl's) Theme

and parts of

Forever Rachael

Daryl's Tomb

600 AD (CT)

Kilrane
07-15-2005, 11:40 PM
i envy those who play the piano but i defend myself. i know how to play the french horn and trumpet. all of the songs that i learn to play are on the guitar though. i know how to play melodies of life, to zanarkand, dearly beloved (from kh), eyes on me, vii theme, aeris theme. i am learning to play 1000 words and one winged angel. angel is hard cuz my fingers arent fast enough. unfortunately i havent found a site with the tabs or chords for songs so i have to do it by ear. if anyone has tabs for ff songs post them or pm me with them.

Prancing Mad
07-16-2005, 12:55 AM
I can play quite a few. Uhhh mostly FF6 stuff. But my goal, when i get some more time, is to learn how to play Decisive Battle from FF10. It's so amazingly complicated that I just have to learn and adapt it. I can't wait. It'll take A LOOOOOONG time. I like playing the prelude a lot too. but my poor little keyboard runs out of room! HAHA

ShivaBlizzard8
07-16-2005, 07:01 PM
LOL - nice to hear you're coming along well, fireemblem776. ^^

The songs are hard to learn, but once you get it you remember. I can play
Music Box (FF5)
Eyes On Me
Melodies of Life
Into Zanarkand

on the piano. I want to play Vama Alla Flamenco SO BAD, but I'm not that skilled yet. Someday.

The violin's much easier for me because that's the instrument I actually studied, so I can do
Sutaki Da Ne
Fragments of Memories (FF8)
Dissapating Sorrow (FF9)
Irish Jig (FF8)
and most of FF8's Ending Theme.

Waltz for the Moon is really hard for some reason though. I've got part of it down, but the rest is rough. Also, I'd love to be able to bow out FF5's Waltz Clavier eventually.

- Shiva

crashNUMBERS
07-17-2005, 01:37 AM
psst~!! No!!

strawberryman
07-17-2005, 01:47 AM
Well, I do, and it's served me well. ^^;

I know how to play Kefka's theme, Dancing Mad, and i'm decoding "Battle on the Big Bridge" currently.

600 AD (CT)
I believe the exact name is "Wind Scene".

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-17-2005, 05:52 AM
I was learning Suteki Da Ne awhile back, but I've not tried it in awhile.

Samuraid
07-17-2005, 08:11 AM

Well, it took about 10 years of piano training...it wasn't just an overnight thing. Learning to play by ear is really "one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration."

Prancing Mad
07-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Working on FF10 Decisive battle. I'm not very far, but hey, I've got lots of exams lol. I can play the first like hard part at proper tempo.

Cruise Control
07-23-2005, 03:34 AM
I can play to zanarkand, on a really good day xD