PDA

View Full Version : Are any of These Gems?

beaglegod
07-10-2005, 01:57 AM
Rescently in my vain and futile attempt to locate a copy of Valkyrie Profile and Tales of Destiny I ran across a few games that were dirt cheap:

Alundra
Threads of Fate
Legend of Legaia

Any of these worth 12-15 bucks? Or more importantly any of em worth the time?

TheAbominatrix
07-10-2005, 01:59 AM
I really, really enjoyed Legend of Legaia, I'd recommend it.

black orb
07-10-2005, 02:11 AM
>>> I think Alundra is the better than Threads of Fate and Legend of Legaia..

but that`s just me.

Aphelion
07-10-2005, 02:12 AM
Never played Threads of Fate, but some say it's a great and funny RPG.
Alundra must be a good game, but Legend of Legaia...Well, I'd suggest you rent it first. I liked it a bit, but not as much as Legaia 2...It's your choice, but if I had to buy one of them, I'd buy Threads of Fate...

DJZen
07-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Alundra is a crazy mad hard adventure game a-la Zelda that will have you both pulling your hair out in frustration (can anyone say ice column puzzle?) and weeping at the amazing depth of the plotline. Even with the infinite money cheat, you'll still find yourself getting stuck on the puzzles. The only company with enough cojones to release this game in America was Working Designs. It came out JUST before FFVII I think, and it is indeed something of a rarity. All good games tend to be. In fact, all Working Designs released games tend to be. I don't know what it'll sell for (probably not a lot), but check ebay. If it's a rarity, it'll go for a good amount there.

Raistlin
07-11-2005, 03:31 AM
Threads of Fate is a solid RPG. I haven't played Legend of Legaia, but a friend of mine really liked it.

Necronopticous
07-11-2005, 03:44 AM
Threads of Fate has a Squaresoft logo on it and "Tobal #1" is no where to be seen on the front cover, for all intents and purposes:up:, as a rule of thumb, if a game falls under these two criteria you can be sure you're buying a quality game.

DJZen
07-11-2005, 11:36 PM
Tobal no. 1 was an awesome game, and it's "for all intents and purposes", and the "squaresoft" logo has appeared on MANY games that had major suck. Driving Emotion? What?

Threads of Fate actually seemed really good though, I'd reccomend it.

Sepho
07-12-2005, 03:48 AM
I really, really enjoyed Legend of Legaia, I'd recommend it.

Once again, I support this statement. I've probably elaborated on my recommendation of this game in a similar thread months back, but I'm too lazy to go searching for it.

Oh, I suppose.

An no freakin' joke, not two minutes ago I was wondering if it was "for all intensive purposes" or "for all intents and purposes".

Raistlin
07-12-2005, 04:37 AM
"for all intensive purposes?" xD

That doesn't even make any sense at all.

Necronopticous
07-12-2005, 05:50 AM
Driving Emotion? What?Driving Emotion Type-S has brought me much joy, thank you very much.

Raistlin
07-12-2005, 05:58 AM
Driving Emotion is not for anybody with just minor, easy purposes. It's only for people with intensive purposes.

*mocks Necro some more*

Necronopticous
07-12-2005, 06:15 AM
Leave me alone, I'm sensitive :(