PDA

View Full Version : Triple Triasd strategies

Alexander
07-10-2005, 05:37 AM
Considering you have most of the good cards, how do you play Triple Triad? I do something like that:

A x B
x x x
C x D

A = Diablos Card in Disc 1, Seifer Card afterwards
B = Sacred Card
C = Selphie, Odin or Tiamat Card
D = Minotaur Card

The fifth card is a card that can get cards by three sides. In Disc 1 I use Angelo or Zell, afterwards I use Quistis.

What about you? XD

Mitch
07-10-2005, 05:58 AM
My tactic is to refine rare and bad cards as much as possible so that i have level 6-8 cards to use. That way I don't really have to worry about random rule or losing rare cards.

I may not win the first time every time, but I normally get it after a couple of goes.

rubah
07-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Usually I use the seifer/eden/squall/rinoa/quistis combination, but right now, I sorta lack all of those cards xD (pre-fire cavern, baby!)

seifer goes in the top left corner first. Or eden in the top right. Squall bottom right. Then, when those are filled up, I can use quistis to attack up and down, or rinoa to flip cards right and left. I do the same thing right now, except I have minimog for up and down (dual 9's:D) and either trauma (6-8) or biggs and wedge (7-6) to flip sideways.

Generally I'll lay down ELVORET (7u-8) if I have to go first so nothing can flip it. (except when I lost minimog. But I was just happy to see it again that I didn't care much xD) If the computer goes first, it's usually in the top left corner, so a mega/king tonberry will flip it if it's less than 4 on the bottom or right. If it's a four, I might use trauma, and if I went first and ELVORET is on the bottom, I'll almost always use biggs and wedge inbetween them. Trauma is also good to flip from the right, but with a weak five on bottom, he sometimes gets flipped back.

ELVORET is a horrible card to play anywhere but the bottom right, so if I don't go first, I usually don't use it.

If I lose cards, I have a pretty good set of backups. malboros instead of spinxara, ruby dragons instead of minimog, t-rexaur isntead of biggs and wedge, but elnoyles instead of tonberry king really hurts. that big sucker is a very good card right now<3

I'm anxious for getting the SeeD events over with so I'll have ifrit quistis, diablos and seifer's cards xD very nice upgrade.

[edit- wrong cardxD I just remembered it was a boss card, but remembered the wrong boss:P]

boys from the dwarf
07-10-2005, 08:54 PM
just plan out your strategy and win every match your in like rubah.

Mo-Nercy
07-11-2005, 02:57 AM
ttadvance.com (http://www.ttadvance.com)

I was hooked on this game for like a year. The strategy involved in amazing (but that's only because they have about 1000 cards). I used to use the "Iron Giant" strat on Level 5 play which doesn't work in the actual FF8 game due to a lack of effective Level 5 "corner" cards (except Malboro). I won't go into it here but basically I played Iron Giant in the middle and it would make me virtually invincible in terms of Plus/Same rules because everytime they took the Iron Giant, I would take back at least another two cards (depends on the Combo).

Before I played TTA, I would have gone around the FF8 world abolishing rules, hoping to get rid of everything but Open. Now when I play, I am comfortable playing Plus and Same because it clicks so easily in my head now and there's a greater chance of victory because you've done all the maths. But it's not actual maths, just light number crunching. After you play a bit, it occurs naturally and you don't even think about it (like Sphere Break).

Also because Plus and Same works on adding and not on the numerical value of the cards, I can comfortably win (usually) under Random conditions provided that either Plus or Same is available.

I suppose you could play TTA if you really want to get better at Triple Triad. But my immediate advice would just be to learn all the "other" rules and make sure you don't get to angry whenever an opponent pulls off a Same or Plus Combo on you because if they can do it to you, you can do it back. Also, don't underestimate cards like Iron Giant (6,5,6,5). If you're going to play Plus and Same, build a hand that works and that means using a variety of cards that have matching sides or those with consistant values (eg. PuPu is useless for consistancy). Level 9-10 cards are decent for Plus and Same but that's only because their values are so all over the place your opponent often can't get a decent combo.

I hate Same Wall.