PDA

View Full Version : I'm cheating!

Sasquatch
07-10-2005, 06:35 AM
Yeah, I'm doing it. The ol' Lete River trick. You know, set Cursor to Memory, use Banon's Health, find a controller with Turbo on it, and hold down the confirm button. Keep going around the circle, get into many random battles that give less than 100 Experience Points each. Everybody you encounter from that point on is at higher levels--to match your high levels--but Locke, who has already been acquired but isn't on the raft to get all the experience, is still back at level 12 or so, when everybody else is into the 30s, 40s, 80s, whatever.

What's your opinion on this? Do you think it's cheap? Does it make the game less interesting/challenging/fun/etc.?

abrojtm
07-10-2005, 06:43 AM
It makes it more fun if you're into nuking the crap outta enemies throughout the whole game and just making it a breeze.

Mo-Nercy
07-10-2005, 06:56 AM
If you can find a way to exploit a game, you should do it. It's not your fault that some deity in the sky made you too darn 1337 for this game. xD

GooeyToast
07-10-2005, 06:59 AM
Cool trick.

~Keep it gooey~

boys from the dwarf
07-10-2005, 08:43 AM
i knew this trick but didnt use it.i dont like cheatin but if you are realy stuck and want to get to the end that will work apart from in kefkas tower because some of your characters will be weak.thats what happened to me.in kefkas tower i have my strong party my only just strong enough party and my weak party.

Necronopticous
07-10-2005, 08:46 AM
This behavior breeds inferior characters in the end since you have alllll those levels without the benefits of "at level up" esper modifiers.

bkkguy
07-10-2005, 09:16 AM
It will get easier and easier as the game process with genji grove, and another item in which I don't remember plus quick spell. No one will stand a chance against 16Xhit combo

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Depends on your level of motivation. If you want to have those kind of characters and don't want to bother esper power-leveling, I say go for it.

omnitarian
07-10-2005, 05:33 PM
I'm not a big fan of this trick. You don't get any esper bonuses, your character's levels become mostly imbalanced, and it's not like FF6 is really all that difficult.

BG-57
07-10-2005, 07:15 PM
I use the level up trick only long enough so that Bannon can survive two tentacle hits by Ultros.

MAS82587
07-10-2005, 09:16 PM
im not a big fan of ANY trick like this.
play the game the way it was ment to be played.

KuRt
07-10-2005, 11:36 PM
Cheating is bad mkay?

abrojtm
07-11-2005, 12:53 AM
The only times I've put this plan into effect was when I beat the game with four characters.

Sasquatch
07-11-2005, 07:28 AM
The only times I've put this plan into effect was when I beat the game with four characters.

I was thinking about that, too--but when I beat it with three characters, I wait until the WoR to get most of my experience.

Now that I've done it (they're at 50-55 now, Celes at 42), I don't know what I'll do. I might continue on with this game, or I might use the save I had just before that section of the river and just play through it normally. I'm so confused!

Flying Mullet
07-11-2005, 03:39 PM
I've also only used it when I wanted to beat the game with three characters.

KoShiatar
07-11-2005, 09:23 PM
I disapprove cheating on your first time through (where's the fun if you don't use your skills?), but this is not the case. After that, people can do just whatever they want to with the game. Why not?

-N-
07-13-2005, 07:34 AM
I've also only used it when I wanted to beat the game with three characters.But then the only guy who'd benefit is Edgar.

I don't like it mostly because of the whole getting off my ass and finding a turbo controller thing. :p

abrojtm
07-13-2005, 09:10 AM
I've also only used it when I wanted to beat the game with three characters.But then the only guy who'd benefit is Edgar.

Wrong-o, after the Lete River, the characters that join your party will all be level 99 if you leveled up to 99. Locke being an exception since he left the party and came back. Everyone else is new. (Locke will catch up when you get him back in the WoR if you choose to do so).

The reason I put four characters (by the way) was because I insisted on getting Mog/Moogle Charm because I'm that damn lazy.