PDA

View Full Version : When you lose!

Crop
07-10-2005, 10:55 AM
When you lose in a game, say you die or something what do you do? do you throw yourself around and have a tantrum or just calmly try again.

After about the foruth time i lose i go nuts!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-10-2005, 11:10 AM
"Another thing that I started doing quite a bit of since I got my first big screen is playing Sega Genesis. I cannot beat one game on my Sega Genesis machine. On my old Nintendo, I could beat a couple of them, but not Sega Genesis. It's impossible, and I refuse to upgrade to a faster, smarter machine because of it. I'm not blaming the machine, mind you. I don't get mad at it, or throw things at the TV when I get frustrated.

"But if I ever meet the guy who invented Sega Genesis, I'm going to beat the living /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of him."

-Drew Carey

Old Manus
07-10-2005, 11:26 AM
http://www.cmmginc.com/cmmg_images/tbl_images/Receivers%20Firearms/FN_Tactical_Shotgun.jpg

Luc
07-10-2005, 11:36 AM
If it takes me well over 10 tries, you better believe I'll get mad and possibly throw the controller or something. :eek:

GooeyToast
07-10-2005, 11:40 AM
I just throw a pillow or something.

~Keep it gooey~

Dreddz
07-10-2005, 12:58 PM
I just replay it, if it was a big loss though, I'd turn off the game, and proabably start playing it in a months time.

Dr.K
07-10-2005, 01:11 PM
Just let out a large sigh, and keep trucking :)

Pheesh
07-10-2005, 01:22 PM
if it takes a long time then i will start to insult the boss/enemies/challenges immediate family. Say he's adopted and his mother dosn't like him. Really pathetic $h1t like that.

Peace out and :rock:
EE

Destai
07-10-2005, 01:49 PM
I just grit my teeth and carry on. Every now and again I scream into a pillow.

omnitarian
07-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Depends on the circumstances, really. If I did it accidentally or something, I'll just sigh and try it again. In particularly frustrating situations, I'll just turn it off and go wallow in my own seething cauldron of hate.

Shoeberto
07-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Good game: I'll try again.
Less than good game: Get frustrated, turn the game off and do something else until I'm ready to play again.

Xander
07-10-2005, 08:16 PM
If I lose against people in fighting games I throw the controller at them. If I lose in general I play something else XD

Old Manus
07-10-2005, 08:19 PM
I forgot: I usually shout "Fucking hell!" out the window before shooting people.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-10-2005, 08:22 PM
i scream to the top of my lungs

black orb
07-10-2005, 08:39 PM
>>> I focuse all my anger and frustration in my gaming skills and try again.

SomethingBig
07-10-2005, 08:40 PM
When I can't beat something after the third try, I get pretty durn angry.

XxSephirothxX
07-10-2005, 10:25 PM
I can get pretty mad sometimes. Only two games have ever caused me to throw a controller with any passion: SSBM, when trying to beat the 15 minute melee, and Donkey Kong 64. After losing to that damn bug in the slide race for the 20th time I broke my controller.

crashNUMBERS
07-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Depends on who I lost too...

JaytodaP
07-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Medal of Honor European Assault is the cheapest game ever. The level after Road to Stalingrad made me punch a wall and dislocate my pinky. Its fine now though.

Spammerman
07-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Getpissed cause they jumped me and jump them back with a load of slashes or bullets.

Pure Strife
07-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Cry like a girl and tell it never to call me again.

Spammerman
07-11-2005, 12:44 AM
like the very very very very rare times you lose to me, you tell the truth, I beat you with button mashing.

Meat Puppet
07-11-2005, 02:36 AM
Throw the game disk on the road and then violate my machine.

DJZen
07-11-2005, 03:05 AM
I just turn off the machine...

...Permanently...

Raistlin
07-11-2005, 03:29 AM
I've thrown a couple of controllers in my time, playing sports games. I dunno what it is about that genre...

Hawkeye
07-11-2005, 03:32 AM
WTF???!!!

Project G
07-11-2005, 11:29 AM
It really annoys me after four times, then any more and I smash everything in sight

Polaris
07-11-2005, 12:26 PM
When I lose a game I say 'Again?!'

Spammerman
07-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Medal of Honor European Assault is the cheapest game ever. The level after Road to Stalingrad made me punch a wall and dislocate my pinky. Its fine now though.
y?

crashNUMBERS
07-11-2005, 04:16 PM
like the very very very very rare times you lose to me, you tell the truth, I beat you with button mashing.
Your right. And right again. That barely happens. Tell the truth. You know thats rare...

Madame Adequate
07-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Depends. First I'll sigh a couple of times, but if I keep losing, I'll growl, then after that I'll scream and/or hit things. I usually refuse to give up.

It's worst with RTS games. When I've put 45 minutes into building an army and creating a MASTER PLAN and then I get Zerged, yeah, that annoys me lots.

JaytodaP
07-12-2005, 12:41 AM
y?

My Idiot squad members get run over by tanks, kick grenades at me or run in my line of fire. I snipe off the Machine Gunners 4 times but yet they keep comin back. Theres at least 6 Panzer Tanks to take out, and not enough Bazooka Rockets. (At a safe distance it takes 3 shots, otherwise 5 grenades.) Someone comes outta nowhere and kills me. I could go on and on about that level. BTW its called Climbing Mamayev Hill. Its the hardest thing Ive ever done.

Rase
07-13-2005, 09:13 AM
My Idiot squad members get run over by tanks, kick grenades at me or run in my line of fire. I snipe off the Machine Gunners 4 times but yet they keep comin back. Theres at least 6 Panzer Tanks to take out, and not enough Bazooka Rockets. (At a safe distance it takes 3 shots, otherwise 5 grenades.) Someone comes outta nowhere and kills me. I could go on and on about that level. BTW its called Climbing Mamayev Hill. Its the hardest thing Ive ever done.

Yeah, while that game is fun, I think it's also the game to get me the most pissed off at a given time. Wish I could help you, but I don't really remember many specific levels. However, once you get to Farmhouse Liberation, feel free to PM me if you have any questions, since I've replayed it some much it's permenetly etched in my brain. It's one of those trial-and-error things. :mad:

Anyway, yeah, I usually start smack talking the game, then I yell at it if it's REALLY cheap (getting shot through a wall, etc.), then I just turn it off and go read to calm down.

Reles
07-13-2005, 09:58 AM
I die.

Well...I think about what I could do to do better or whatever, and do it the next time, if that doesn't work, I think it over again.

Midnight Rose
07-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Well... if I'm like that close *Demostrates with hands and fingers* to finishing the level or task and all of a sudden because I'm being all... 'I can do it, it's sooo easy' I suddenly die... then I get into a bit of a mood and immediately switch of the playstation 2.
O_O;;

Yuffie514
07-13-2005, 11:17 PM
when i die to enemies in Tenchu, they say stuff to me, and i say stuff back, like "oh yeah, why don't you say that to me while i'm alive!" Ayame and i have one thing in common: we don't like to lose :D .

KentaRawr!
07-13-2005, 11:54 PM
Usually when I lose, I try again a few times. If I lose a few more times, I stop playing for 10-20 Minutes, and then start playing again. Usually, I get passed the part I was stuck at once I take that little break.

Spammerman
07-14-2005, 01:47 AM
1)Die
2)Get Mad
3)Zone out
4)Kick Butt

krissy
07-14-2005, 03:05 AM
don't remember getting mad at a video game

frustrated sure, but never actually mad

Winter Nights
07-14-2005, 03:12 AM
I kill people. It eases the pain.

Actually, I just curse alot.

kikimm
07-14-2005, 03:54 AM
Am I the only one who finds this thread terribly amusing? xDDD I find people's anger at videogames hilarious for some reason.

And I've had my share of it. I use to be lot orse when I was younger, and scream at the tv, anyone else in the room. yeah, if I was losing, I would take it out on my mom, or my brothers.

But now...the first time I die, I sigh, and continue. If it isn't working out the next few times, I say not a word, walk over to the PS2, and switch it off while saying something along the lines of "Fuck you" or "Fuck this" or "I don't give a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif anymore". Yeah, I swear a lot, I guess. :grinpink:

If anyone talks to me while I'm seriously pissed at a videogame, they get insulted. I am bitch.

:D

Prancing Mad
07-19-2005, 07:02 PM
I usually say what the crap!?! 'cause it usually happens when the boss pulls some amazing move out of his upper rectum (if there indeed is an upper part). Like in vagrant story's last boss when he does bloody-sin and up 'til that point I was whooping him and didn't know he had a special physical attack (hence no protection for it). Sometimes I make "Ahnold the governator" sounds. Or I speak with a british accent, or a french one. Any accent depending on what kind of a pain in the bumbum he is.

Although a lot of this is just when someone does something really frustrating or something stupid happens. lol. Burying my head in the floor works too.

Cruise Control
07-19-2005, 07:07 PM
I put my foot through a TV fighting Yunalesca, and I break TV's/Controllers occasionaly, I guess throwing controlers at tv's /walls isn't good.

Zeldy
07-19-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm a sore loser so i go in a Huff, and i usually have a go at my brother
"THAT WASN'T FAIR! ;______;"

TurkSlayer
07-19-2005, 08:34 PM
Lose 1-2: I sigh.
Lose 3-5: I start cursing.
Lose 6: I turn off the game for awhile and watch TV.
Lose 7: I go break the nearest person's arm.
Lose 8 onward: You don't want to know...

Mercen-X
07-19-2005, 08:52 PM
Once, I was using a camcorder to record a video from a game and the tri-pod fell over. I thought I had broken the camera, so I put my foot through a wall. It was easy: It was a jump kick and the wall was a half-inch sheetrock.

Anyway. I used to be a real terror when I lost to incredibly frustrating games. World Hazard (or whatever it's called) for N64 caused me to break my only controller.

Plenty of fighting games also piss me off. Lately, the only one I play is Tekken. Tekken 5 pissed me off a couple weeks ago. I was using Yoshimitsu on Medium difficulty in the 6th or 7th stage and I was fighting against Nina Williams. I must've continued eighteen times before I gave up and restarted.
When I lose past the second time, I start insulting my chosen character. Like, "You idiot, hit her, hit her!" "Why did you turn around?" "Why won't you turn around!"
In all honesty, when I'm calling my character stupid, I'm actually directing my aggressions at the programmer responsible for that character's behavior. The more times I lose because of the sheer stupidity of an ally's AI or glitch that causes a lack of control, the more I seethe with hatred and loathing for those responsible. *stab-stab-stab*

This is why it is my goal to become the greatest game-writer/creator of all time. Once I am successful enough, I will buy out all other game companies and terminate all who were responsible for my misery.
The only way to truly destroy your enemies is to outdo them in their best talent. Though obviously for these games that suck, their creators must have absolutely no talent whatsoever.

I only calmly calculate a new approach if I am to blame for my failure.

When I'm really frustrated, I pop in GTA:SA

Pastor_of_Muppets
07-20-2005, 03:21 AM
The first few times I won't get mad. But if I'm up to like my 8th try then I start cursing at the TV. :p

Mo-Nercy
07-20-2005, 11:35 PM
I'm an arcade gamer, so I'm amongst strangers a lo. I try to restrain myself in those situations but I remember one time when I almost lost it to some kid who challenged me to Initial D. I was driving my secondary car, Toyota Altezza (Lexus RS200) and I guess there was no way for him to know that it wasn't my main car. Anyway, he took me to Irohazaka under Wet conditions, the worst place an Altezza could go in those conditions. I should've been sliding all over the place and crashing into barriers but I managed to counter-steer coming out of turns pretty well and took the turns a little slower to bring more grip to the rear wheels. I was behind him the whole way down, just waiting for the right moment to pass, but then he pulls the Irohazaka reversal techinique on me, purposely driving himself into the apex of the turn so that I would ram into him (too close to him to react properly, it's the beauty of the technique) and reverse myself.

Long story short, I let my gaming do the talking and vented my anger just by whippin' out the ol' Lancer EVO IV and showed him how big a 500 metre gap seems when you get it without cheap tactics.

Tama2
07-20-2005, 11:48 PM
I just keep tryin. When I can't beat it about after the 30th try I just switch it off. Except when it came to Street Fighter. I forget which one it was. I lost to Ken like 100 times in a row. idk how. I guess I really sux when I fight Ken. I slamed my poor PS controller on the floor, and broke some plastc and a screw fell out. :p

lordblazer
07-20-2005, 11:59 PM
On Planet Side when I form a sqad there is always one dumb guy who team kills everyone and then we lose.It pisses me off.
I dont mind losing i jsut do it again but when people start to question my gaming ability in a particular game i get pretty mad pretty fast.

Polaris
07-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Once I putted on knees in frot of the tv and ps and start beging from me to don't die!

Princess_Yuna
07-21-2005, 03:09 PM
I throw the vases down!