PDA

View Full Version : RE4 Pro mode

Craig
07-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Can somebody tell me how I unlock Pro mode on this game?

Lindy
07-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Finish Normal mode.

Or sacrifice three virgins at midnight to your Plagas masters.

Either way works.

Chzn8r
07-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Yeah, just beat the game.

MAN, Pro Mode is tough. I died almost 100 times. 32 of those were to the battle against Krauser, though. Most of the rest came from the Village Chief, the occasional El Gigante, and of course the cage match with the claw guy.

Pro Mode = smarter/faster enemies, and you take more damage. It really adds up.

Lindy
07-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Krauser goes down in seconds with a knife to the legs, Broken Butterfly to the head combo, and by that I mean about 18 seconds.

The Village Chief is easily abused by running past and up the ladder and then down again, or if you're really having trouble hop round the corner up the ladder and you can shoot him without fear of reprisal.

Gigante is just down to luck and skill, and the Cage match is easy on any difficulty if you just skip the cutscene and grenade the lock off the door.

Craig
07-10-2005, 06:06 PM
I can't believe I didn't just think of playing through normal.
But all's well now, easy got very boring, especially with the Chicago Typewriter.

Chzn8r
07-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Krauser goes down in seconds with a knife to the legs, Broken Butterfly to the head combo, and by that I mean about 18 seconds.

The Village Chief is easily abused by running past and up the ladder and then down again, or if you're really having trouble hop round the corner up the ladder and you can shoot him without fear of reprisal.

Gigante is just down to luck and skill, and the Cage match is easy on any difficulty if you just skip the cutscene and grenade the lock off the door.

Yeah I know all that now :p But not my second play through the game (Pro). I wipe my ass with RE4 now, I've beaten it 6 times including a pistols-only game.

Lindy
07-11-2005, 12:56 AM
Knife-only run is for real men.

You're allowed to cheat on Iron Maidens and Regenerators I think, as well as Saddler since you run out of eyes low enough to hit with the knife, as well as environmental objects to knock him down too.