PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference?

chadwixx
07-10-2005, 07:32 PM
between added effect and elemental?

added effect-Adds Materia status to equipped weapon or armor

elemental-Adds Materia element to equipped weapon or armor

thanks

silentenigma
07-10-2005, 07:41 PM
i dont know for sure, maybe it means you can equip status effects to your weapon or armor... for instance silence attack or defense against petrify etc...

i know that elemental is the same thing but with the elements... ice attack on weapon, bolt defence on armor

Zechs
07-11-2005, 02:29 AM
It adds the ability or effect of the materia to the weapon or armor.
Add destruct with AE to a weapon and it might instantly kill off an enemy from its death potential.
In armor you have a defense against instant kill abilities.
And so on.

Big D
07-11-2005, 03:34 AM
Yep - elements are magical properties, eg. fire, earth, ice and so forth.
Status effects are things like silence, petrification and sleep.

ff-fanatix
07-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Here it is in lamish terms

Elemental - equips added element form paired materia i.e. fire, ice, wind...

If you equip the elemental inot your weapon your character will hit the target with and elemental based attack...the element depending on the paired materia....

If you equip the elemental to your armour....it will, half/nulify/abosrb ( depending on the lvl of your elemental materia) the paired element....

Examples of such are as follows

WEAPON

Elemental > Fire

Character will hit with fire element ( % of elemental damage dealt is determined upon elemental materias lvl )

ARMOUR

Elemental > Fire

Character will half.hlufiy absorb any fire spells or attacks used upon them

however im not certain as to whever or not this will place upon you a weakness to the opposing element.....somehting for you to test

Added effect materia...

if you are familliar with the ff8 sta-j then it shouldn't be too hard to grasp...

as with before weapon or armour equipment plays an important role...

if you pair added effect with slience in your weapon....your character will attack with silence status...attempting to inflicnt silence on the target when attacking...

however eqippin added effect in your armour paired with silence willl give the character an increased resistance to silence...

you see?

WEAPON

Added Effect > Silence

Charcetr will attack with silence status

ARMOUR

Added Effect > Silence

Charcter will defend against silence status

The lvl of the added effect materia determines the success rate of attacking with/defending from the paired status....

hope this helps

chadwixx
07-11-2005, 06:17 PM
thanks i think i got it now.

if i put added effect + hades in my armor with the be the same as wearing a ribbon?

Peter_20
07-11-2005, 08:27 PM
thanks i think i got it now.

if i put added effect + hades in my armor with the be the same as wearing a ribbon?

Not quite the _same_, but you WILL get defense against numerous stats.
Anyway, you seem to have got it!