PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Civilization III Mod Project

Hikaro Takayama
07-11-2005, 04:28 AM
Well, since I'm about 70% done with this project, I've decided to post here to see if anyone's interested in helping, or has any comments/criticisms to make.

What this is is an almost total conversion for Sid Meiers' Civilization III Conquests turn based strategy game. Here's a run-down on what I've got so far:

I've added pretty much all the civilizations (or alliances) from FF III through XI, including Tactics and Tactics: Advanced. Here's a list of factions, leaders and Unique Units (units that are only built by that civilization and replace one of the standard units).

FF III:

Kingdom of Sassoon; Princess Sara; Viking, Magic Knight, Sage
Forbidden Land Great Tyrant Zande; Skeleton, Lamia, Flying Fortress

FF IV:

Kingdom of Baron; King Cecil; Fabul Monk (Yang), Red Wing Airship; Kain's Dragoons

FF V:

Kingdom of Tycoon; Queen Reina; Berserker, Sorceror, Hiryuu

FF VI:

Vector Empire; Emperor Gestahl; Imperial Trooper, Magitek Armor, Magitek Sky Armor (unit not made yet)
Returner Alliance; King Edgar; Narshe Guard, Returner; Need help figuring out what to put for the third UU

FF VII:

Shinra Corporation; President Rufus; Shinra SOLDIER (under construction), GrossPanzer, Shinra Attack Sub (coming soon....)
AVALANCHE; Commander Cloud; Freedom Fighter, Wutai Ninja (Yuffie), Highwind Airship

FF VIII:

Galbadia; Sorceress Edea; Galbadian Soldier, Battle Biker (like the dudes that attacked Balamb Garden on Disk 2), Iron Clad Hovertank (Unit not mad as of yet)
Garden; Commander Squall; SeeD, Forest Owl (unit needs to be done), Third Unique Unit will either be the White SeeD Ship, SeeD assault ship or a mobile Garden.
Estar; President Laguna; Gesper, Estar Soldier (unit incomplete), Ragnarok Spaceship (one of my friends at Civilization Fanatics Center promised to do that one).

FF IX:

Regency of Lindblum; Regent Cid; Hilda Garde III (not started yet), Lindblum Aviator (unit incomplete), Burmecian Dragon Knight (Freya, unit Incomplete)
Kingdom of Alexandria; Princess Garnet; Knights of Pluto, Ship of the Line; Alexandrian Holy Knight (Gen Beatrix, Unit not yet started)

FF X:

Church of Yevon; Grand Maester Mika; Warrior Monk, Yevon Guard, YAT-97
Al Bhed; Chieftess Rikku; Al Bhed Machina, Al Bhed Heavy Machina, Al Bhed Scavenger (unit not made yet)

FF XI:

Federation of Windhurst; Star Sybil; Taru-Taru Ranger, Cardian, Mithra Ninja
Republic of Bastok; President Karst; Republican Paladin, Gold Musketeer, Mithril Musketeer
Kingdom of San d'Oria; Prince Royal Trion I; San d'Orian Guard, Royal Lancer, Temple Knight
Grand Duchy of Jueno; Grand Duke Kam'lanaut (need a pic to work from for the leader graphics); Freelancer, Tenshodo, Ducal Guard

FF Tactics:

Kingdom of Ivalice; King Ramuza; Hokuten Knight, Nanten Knight, Chemist
Kingdom of Ordalia; King Lanard IV; Royal Knight, Crown Guard, Firewall Elite
Note: Need info on Romanda....

FF Tactics: Advance

Bervenia; Clan Boss Marche; Viera Ranger (under construction), Bangaa Templar, Blue Mage

Here's a few things I need immediat help on: First if someone could get me a good screenshot of Grand Duke Kam'Lanaut's mug so's I could make a LH for Jueno, I'd be very happy. Second, If someone could dig up some info on Romanda from FF T, that would be very helpful, also if someone could get me some info on the two latest expansions for FF XI (like, for instance if there would be enough data to add a 5th civilization from that game). Finally, if anyone can tell me the name of the runaway princess from FF Crystal Chronicles, I'd be able to finally add that game to the mod.

Some additional info: I've made all the advisor screens look like FF menus, and replaced all the original Civ III advisors with ones based on FF. Tifa is the domestic advisor (keeps track of city status, taxes, etc), Yuffie is trade advisor, Yuna is cultural advisor (keeps track of the culture generated by all of your cities), Sephiroth is the Military advisor (keeps track of all military units), Aeris is the Foreign advisor, and Cid Highwind is the Science advisor. More in-depth info on this project is available via the link in my signature, and Civilization Fanatics Center is where this mod will be hosted, once it's finished. I'll post a link to the download thread here when that time comes.

Here's a quick preview of the various faction leaders as well as some of the units:

Lon611
07-11-2005, 04:31 AM
wow. im not famiar with Sid Meiers' Civilization III Conquests , but that looks incredible.

XxSephirothxX
07-11-2005, 04:37 AM
Impressive.

Yamaneko
07-11-2005, 04:53 AM
Wow, looks like you've put a lot of effort into this project. I can't really help you, but keep up the good work. I know a lot of mods that get junked at the very end for lack of interest on either the developers side or the communites side. :up:

Hikaro Takayama
07-11-2005, 05:09 AM
Wow, looks like you've put a lot of effort into this project. I can't really help you, but keep up the good work. I know a lot of mods that get junked at the very end for lack of interest on either the developers side or the communites side. :up:

Well, there are quite a few Civ fans who are awaiting the completion of this project (and a number of them never even heard of Final Fantasy until I started the mod :lol: ) I've been working on this project since April 2004, and it has managed to weather two INSURVs (major inspeciton in the Navy) and a 6-month deployment to the Persian Gulf. Since I've got a regular job now that I'm out of the Navy, work on the mod will progress somewhat slower, but I have no intention of giving up. I just wish that some FF site had the name of the Princess from FF CC so that I could add the civilizaiton from that game (It just wouldn't look right for the diplomacy box to come up saying, "The Unnamed Princess of Alfitaria wishes to trade Gems for Chocobos").

Oh, here's a quick pic of my current Unit WIP, the Shinra SOLDIER. I'll be working on animating this guy during the week. BTW, the main programs I use for creating this mod are Poser 5, Bryce 5, PSP 7, Animation Shop 3, SBB and FLICster (SBB and FLICster are third-party programs that are used for compiling raw renders for a unit animation into a storyboard, and FLICster converts the storyboard into a Civ III unit animation file). This current picture is about 5 times the size of a standard Civ III infantry unit, but I use this scale for doing the animations and then convert it to the proper size when I render.

Meat Puppet
07-11-2005, 05:56 AM
You've got competition on this very forum. Good luck to you.

Behold the Void
07-11-2005, 06:41 AM
King Ramuza? I'm not quite sure where you're getting that character, especially with what happens with Ramza and the others in the storyline. I was expecting Larg and Goltana.

black orb
07-11-2005, 07:24 AM
>>> I like how you portrayed Rufus. :D

crashNUMBERS
07-11-2005, 07:41 AM
WTH!!?? Looks like shrek. It's pretty cool though...

nik0tine
07-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Wow. I will buy and/or pirate this game, just for this mod. Inform me when it is completed. I am MORE than interested.

Also, does anyone know if there are any similar such mods for Civilization 2?

Hikaro Takayama
07-12-2005, 03:44 AM
King Ramuza? I'm not quite sure where you're getting that character, especially with what happens with Ramza and the others in the storyline. I was expecting Larg and Goltana.

Actually, you're right.... I'll just re-name him to SIR Ramuza (or Ramza if it makes you feel better, but I'm trying to stay more or less faithful to the Japanese versions of the games, hence why I use the spelling Makou rather than Mako.... If you look at the Shinra Automotive Ad videio in FF VII, you'll see two Kanji flash by, which is how Makou is written in Japanse. It literally means Magical Radiation), and I'm using him since (a) at the time he was the only leader I could make with the props available, and (b) he only saved the friggin' world. If I can figure out how to maybe divide up Ivalice, I'll make LHs for the resulting factions (so that you could have the Lion wars all over again).

Meat Puppet: Really? I didn't know anybody else was making a Final Fantasy Mod for Civ III. If I could get in touch with the guy, maybe we could pool our graphics and stuff so we can save some serious time.

Black Orb: Yeah, Rufus was the third Leader animation that I made in Poser 5... EVER, and I'm really happy with how he turned out. The first Leader animation I made was a version of Princess Garnet that didn't make the final cut and the second was Squall. My Avatar on this forum was made from my Cloud Strife leader animation.

Crash: What are you referring to? :confused:

Nik0tine: AFAIK, there is no such mod for Civ II, although I could search the Civ II forums at Apolyton Civilization Network and Civilization Fanatics Forums. I know for a fact that there isn't one at Evolution Games.....

Markus. D
07-12-2005, 03:55 AM
IM extremely impressed with this, ive never played civvilaization... but your characters look real good.

Behold the Void
07-12-2005, 04:01 AM
Don't use Ramza. I say this because Even at the beginning of the game, they talk about Delita as being the greatest hero. Ramza isn't even mentioned. Ramza doesn't get any recognition for what he does, he does it because he knows it is right. Ramza fades from history entirely after defeating Altima and the Zodiac Braves and Delita becomes king. Ramza does not have a happy ending, they think that he dies although Olan sees him and Alma riding away on Chocobos, never to be seen again. Olan is killed shortly thereafter. If anything, you want Delita Hyral to be the leader.

Kakashi509
07-12-2005, 04:05 AM
use sephiroth and Aeris so we can watch Sephiroth stab her... again!

Markus. D
07-12-2005, 11:28 AM
let airith stab sephiroth, airith deserved to live...

ps: im just angry that she had to die after making me raise her to lvl 50

crashNUMBERS
07-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Crash: What are you referring to? :confused:

I'm saying that the characters look a big like to the characters of shrek...

Hikaro Takayama
07-13-2005, 05:29 AM
Don't use Ramza. I say this because Even at the beginning of the game, they talk about Delita as being the greatest hero. Ramza isn't even mentioned. Ramza doesn't get any recognition for what he does, he does it because he knows it is right. Ramza fades from history entirely after defeating Altima and the Zodiac Braves and Delita becomes king. Ramza does not have a happy ending, they think that he dies although Olan sees him and Alma riding away on Chocobos, never to be seen again. Olan is killed shortly thereafter. If anything, you want Delita Hyral to be the leader.

Well, I put the Ramuza/Delita issue up for a vote at Civ Fanatics Center before doing the LH, and Ramuza won by 1 vote..... Besides, this mod project is somewhat like Kingdom Hearts, where basically all the various factions are the survivors of global cataclysms that transported them to this new world (the maps are randomly generated, allowing for almost infinite replayability) where they eventually meet up with with other survivors both from their world and other worlds, so in this reality, Ramuza does NOT fade into obscurity, but rather he represents the last survivors of Ivalice after their world was destoryed by Zodiac Braves. Similarly, that is why Rufus and Mika are still alive, and you start off with essentially stone-age technology.

As for Aeris and Sephiroth, they are both advisors. Aeris is the Foreign Advisor and Sephiroth is the Military Advisor. Yuffie is "Trade" Advisor, Tifa is Domestic Advisor, Cid Highwind is Science Advisor, and Yuna is Cultural Advisor. Here's a quick preview of all the advisors:

crashNUMBERS
07-13-2005, 05:32 AM
You should fix seph up a bit. Like make thee hair cover the inbetween of his ears to his bangs...

Markus. D
07-13-2005, 06:27 AM
its so awesome, they all look like americanized final fantasy characters.

is this game sort of like age of empires.

Hikaro Takayama
07-14-2005, 06:16 AM
Crash: I use Poser 5 to make all my people-type graphics, and unfortunately, I can't make my own props unless I have a program such as 3D Studio Max ($3000) or Maya ($7000), so I have to use what I can find on the internet and modify withing Poser. The hair Seph has now was the best I could find after searching over a dozen Poser content sites, and if you look at the screenshots from Advent Children, my version should be almost identical to that.

Tsukasa: Yes, Civilization III is sort of like AOE, but it is turn-based (like a board game) rahter than real time, and covers a far greater span of time (the standard epic game starts in 4000 BC and goes to the year 2050, provided noone wins before then).

Buccura
07-18-2005, 01:46 AM
This looks like something I want to keep tabs on.

Especially since you have Freya in it xD

crashNUMBERS
07-18-2005, 02:46 AM
Oh ok. I see. Thats alright. Just stating an oppinion but I get you...

strawberryman
07-19-2005, 05:06 AM
Quite amazing. I look forward to it. :p

Discord
07-19-2005, 11:37 PM
Just amazing!

Markus. D
07-20-2005, 02:32 AM
Crash: I use Poser 5 to make all my people-type graphics, and unfortunately, I can't make my own props unless I have a program such as 3D Studio Max ($3000) or Maya ($7000), so I have to use what I can find on the internet and modify withing Poser. The hair Seph has now was the best I could find after searching over a dozen Poser content sites, and if you look at the screenshots from Advent Children, my version should be almost identical to that.

Tsukasa: Yes, Civilization III is sort of like AOE, but it is turn-based (like a board game) rahter than real time, and covers a far greater span of time (the standard epic game starts in 4000 BC and goes to the year 2050, provided noone wins before then).

i know a game thats like that.

age of wonders, shadow magic.

it has a turn based system, exept instead of attacking with click and wait... you go into a battle arena and strategize in turn based tactical combat.

Hikaro Takayama
02-02-2006, 02:38 AM
Okay, I'm posting to let you guys know that I've still been very busy working on this project, and in addition, I'm posting an update of which factions I have and unique units as well as the main standard unit lines:

FF III:

Kingdom of Sassoon; Princess Sara; Viking, Magic Knight, Sage
Forbidden Land Great Tyrant Zande; Skeleton, Lamia, Flying Fortress

FF IV:

Kingdom of Baron; King Cecil; Fabul Monk (Yang), Red Wing Airship; Kain's Dragoons

FF V:

Kingdom of Tycoon; Queen Reina; Berserker, Sorceror, Hiryuu

FF VI:

Vector Empire; Emperor Gestahl; Imperial Trooper, Magitek Armor, Magitek Sky Armor (unit not made yet)
Returner Alliance; King Edgar; Narshe Guard, Returner; Esperling (basically Terra, but also meant to represent others of Human & Esper descent, such as Strago and Relm)

FF VII:

Shinra Corporation; President Rufus; Shinra SOLDIER, GrossPanzer, Shinra Attack Sub (Will be made eventually)
AVALANCHE; Commander Cloud; Freedom Fighter, Wutai Ninja (Yuffie), Highwind Airship

FF VIII:

Galbadia; Sorceress Edea; Galbadian Soldier, Battle Biker (like the dudes that attacked Balamb Garden on Disk 2), Iron Clad Hovertank
Garden; Commander Squall; SeeD, White SeeD Ship, Forest Owl (unit needs to be done).
Esthar; President Laguna; Gesper, Ragnarok Spaceship, Estar Soldier (unit incomplete).

FF IX:

Regency of Lindblum; Regent Cid; Hilda Garde III, Lindblum Aviator (unit incomplete), Burmecian Dragon Knight (Freya, unit Incomplete)
Kingdom of Alexandria; Princess Garnet; Knights of Pluto, Ship of the Line; Alexandrian Holy Knight (Gen Beatrix, Unit not yet started)

FF X:

Church of Yevon; Grand Maester Mika; Warrior Monk, Yevon Guard, YAT-97
Al Bhed; Chieftess Rikku; Al Bhed Machina, Al Bhed Heavy Machina, Al Bhed Machina Hunter

FF XI:

Federation of Windhurst; Star Sybil; Taru-Taru Ranger, Cardian, Mithra Ninja. In addition, Windhurst will have a Tarutaru settler and Mithra worker for flavor.
Republic of Bastok; President Karst; Republican Paladin, Gold Musketeer, Mithril Musketeer
Kingdom of San d'Oria; Prince Royal Trion I; San d'Orian Guard, Royal Lancer, Temple Knight. In addition, the defensive unit line is entirely elvaan as are their workers and settlers.
Grand Duchy of Jueno; Grand Duke Kam'lanaut; Freelancer, Tenshodo, Ducal Guard
Selbina; Mayor Abelard; Voyager, Treasure Hunter, Galka Beastmaster (unit needs to be made)

FF Tactics:

Kingdom of Ivalice; Count Ramuza; Hokuten Knight, Nanten Knight, Mediator (Unit needs to be made)
Kingdom of Ordalia; King Lanard IV; Royal Knight, Crown Guard, Firewall Elite
Note: Need info on Romanda....

FF Tactics: Advance

Bervenia; Clan Boss Marche; Viera Sniper, Bangaa Templar, Blue Mage In addition, the Bervenians have two Flavor units; the Viera settler and Bangaa worker (to kind of indicate that the kingdom has those races in it).

FF Crystal Chronicles

Alfitaria; Princess Fiona; Clavat Red Mage, Selkie Thief, Liltie Dragoon

Factions made by combining common groups from one or mor FF game:

Orcish Horde (combination of the Orcs in FF CC and FF XI); King Vatgit; Orcish Protector, Orcish Warchief, Orcish Warmachine (note: The Orcs have their own "flavor" units (they cost the same and have the same stats as the units they replace but look different), including a settler, worker, their entire offensive unit line (most people would say that Orcs are pretty offensive to begin with :p ), and two of the "special" units... the Orcs have a Kommando instead of the Marine (Orc with camo, an energy Axe and a "Big-Shoota") and the Storm Boyz instead of the Jump trooper (Orc with a big Rokkit Pak, Energy axe and double-barreled Big-Shoota)).

Dwarves (combinations of all the dwarves in all the games that had dwarves); King Giott; Dwarven Fireship, Dwarven Battlerager, Giott GI-1701 MBT (the Orange tanks that the dwarves in FF IV had) In addition, the Dwarves have an entire set of Flavor units, including a settler, worker, and their entire offensive and defensive unit lines.

Here's a list of the main unit lines:

Defensive Infantry (starting in the ANcient era, and progressing to the modern era), arrows indicate upgrade paths:

Archer => Ranger => Gunner => Sniper

Offensive Infantry (note: Fighter and Knight are both in the ancient era, the rest are in different eras):

Fighter => Knight => Paladin (good and neutral civs) or Dark Knight (evil civs) => Sword Master => Samurai

Dragoon Line (all Dragoon type units are armed with a spear and have equal attack and defense stats, and the Lancer and Dragoon have offensive bombardment (jump) abilities):

Warrior => Gladiator => Lancer => Dragoon

Chocobo Units (kinda self explanitory):

Chocobo Rider => Chocobo Knight => Chocobo Cavalry => Chocobo Dragoon

Armored Units (this line doesn't start until the middle ages, and the steam tank and tank are both in the Industrial era):

Battle Wagon => Steam Tank => Tank => Heavy Tank

Combat Airship Line (this line also starts in the middle ages):

Airship => Steam Airship => Advanced Airship

Transport Airships:

Cargo Airship => Gelnika Transport

Sea Transports (Galleassi and Heavy Galleassi are in the middle ages, and the Combat Cargo and Military transport are in the industrial era):

Galley => Galleassi => Heavy Galleassi => Combat Cargo => Military Transport

Combat ships (note: up until the end of the middle ages, combat and transport lines are the same):

Ironclad Ram => Destroyer; Battleship, Submarine, and Cruiser available at the same tech as Destroyer.... Cruiser upgrades in Modern era to Aegis Cruiser, and the Submarine upgrades to the Makou Submarine in the modern age.

Special operations units: Marine, Paratrooper => Jump Trooper, and of course your basic settlers (which allow you to build cities) and workers, who improve the terrain and build roads.

Special Units generated by Great Wonders (a Great Wonder of the World can only be built by one civilization), Small Wonders (each civilization can build one and only one of these), and city improvements (you can build these in any city):

Minotaur, generated every 5 turns by the Tomb of the Unknown King Great Wonder; Crusader, generated every 5 turns by the Lord Mi'ihen's Crusaders Great Wonder; Mage, Generated every 20 turns by the Mage Tower city improvement; Turk, Generated every 5 turns by the following Small Wonders: Shinra Building (available only to those civs who are under the Corporate Republic government), Secret Police HQ (available only to those civs who are using the Communist government), and the Intelligence Agency (available to all civs regardless of current government); Citizen Militia, Generated every 5 turns by the Constitutional Government Small WOnder (available only to democratic civilizations)

Special unit lines available with certain rather rare strategical resources:

Goblins... If you have a Goblin village in your borders, you can recruit these units:

Goblin Raider => Goblin Skirmisher => Goblin Mercenary => Goblin Alchemist (Goblin with guns and grenades :D )

Bangaa.... If you have a Bangaa village in your borders, you can train these guys:

Bangaa Tracker => Bangaa Gladiator => Bangaa Lancer => Bangaa Rifleman

Giant Spiders.... If you have a nest of Giant spiders in your borders, you can get these:

Bark Spider => Tarantula => Black Widow => Spitting Spider (Spits venom at its foes)

Dinosaurs :D If you got dinos in your territory, then you can use these fearsome beasts:

Deinonychus => Velociraptor => Vlakorados => T-Rexaur

I'll soon be adding the main factions from Final Fantasy I, but in this mod, they'll be based on Brian Clevenger's 8-bit theater, rather than the actual game....

First there will be the Light Warriors, who are lead by Great Leader Thief, and their unique units will be the Red Mage, Black Mage, and SWORD-CHUCKS, Yo! (yes, I'll be making a Fighter unit armed with sword-chucks).
Then, to balance things out, there will be the Dark warriors lead by Chaos Lord Garland, with the Dark Elf Blademaster (Dr'zzle), Pirate (Bikke), and Vampire as unique units.

I'll try to keep you posted as this mod progresses.

I Took the Red Pill
02-04-2006, 12:38 AM
That's amazing man. I've downloaded the "Fall From Heaven" Mod on Civ IV and I love it, so I'm looking forward to this one, even though i will have to search for my Civ III disc and blow the dust off it to play.
When you finish this you should definitely do one for Civ IV:excited:

Markus. D
02-04-2006, 01:58 AM
Its progressing nicely mr Lurker.

how ya been :D?

Hikaro Takayama
02-04-2006, 03:45 PM
That's amazing man. I've downloaded the "Fall From Heaven" Mod on Civ IV and I love it, so I'm looking forward to this one, even though i will have to search for my Civ III disc and blow the dust off it to play.
When you finish this you should definitely do one for Civ IV:excited:

Don't count on this ever coming out for Civ IV.... You see I hate pretty much everything about Civ IV, especially the fact that you have to do everything via XML (ugh!) and Python (double UGH!!), and I'd have to shell out $3000 just to make units, since according to certain experts on the Gambryo engine, you can only make .dif (gamebryo animation files) with 3D Studio Max, and that just ain't happening....

What I AM planning to do eventually, is when Steph (an avid Civ III fan and programmon on Civilization Fanatics Forums) finishes his Steph's Strategic Simulation (SSS), I will make a version of this mod for that... You see, SSS will have all the features that Civ IV was SUPPOSED to have (like infinite easy modability, unlimited culture groups, etc), but with the added bonus that you can use Standard Civilization III units and terrain graphics for it (as well as make up your own original terrains and terrain buildings, i.e. era specific mines).

You see, IMO, Civ IV is to the Civilization franchise what MoO III was to the Masters of Orion franchise: a game that put too much emphasis on crappy 3D graphics, and not enough on important stuff, like gameplay, not to mention that as a result, the AI in both games turned out to be dumber than a box of rocks. What I'm hoping (to carry the comparison with Masters of Orion) is that SSS will be to Civ IV what Galactic Civilizations was to Masters of Orion III: the kind of game that the sequels to the most popular installments in the series were supposed to be, and would have been if the developers would have actually listened to the fans of the series.

Tsukasa: I've been very busy.... I've been working full time for an electronics company, as well as working on this project.

Anyways, enough OT: I've finished the Gelnika transport, which will be the generic advanced air transport for all factions. It costs about 50% more than the Cargo airship, has about 50% further range, and transports 2x the units (think the size and technological difference between the cargo airships that Alexandria used in FF IX and the Gelnikas in FF VII), and requires Oil to build (the Cargo airship needs no special resources).

I've also added some interesting features to the gameplay.. You see, I made it so that in the industrial era, in addtion to polluting coal-powered factories and coal power plants, there are non-polluting alternatives available with an optional technology called wind power. Wind power allows you to build Windmills and Wind Farms, but once you research that technology, you can no longer build the polluting alternatives. In addition, I'm planning something like that for the modern era, which allows you to build solar power plants and solar factories, but the tech disables pollution producing Makou Reactors and Manufacturing plants. There are a couple of non-polluting power plants/factories available to anyone: If you have a river running through one of your cities, that city can build a water mill (water powered factory) and a Hydroelectric power plant, or if you have Hot Springs (a strategical resource) in a city's radius, you can build a geothermal plant. All of these improvements, BTW, increase city production.

I've also added government specific small wonders for Democracy and Corporate Republic (basically a government modeled on Shinra and Galbadia), as well as modified the Secret Police HQ small wonder for Communism... Now the Secret Police HQ produces a Turk (hidden nationality, stealth attack unit that can be used to attack enemy units and pillage terrain improvements without starting a war) every 5 turns in addition to acting as a third capitol (after the Hidden Palace, which is available to any government) in terms of reducing corruption.

For the Corporate Republic government, the Small Wonder is the Shinra Building, which acts as a third capitol in terms of corruption reduction, and it also produces a Turk every 5 turns (I mean, where would the Shinra Building be without the Turks ;) )

For Democracy, they have a small wonder called Constitutional Government, which acts as a third capitol, and produces a Citizen Militia unit every 5 turns... The citizen militia has a weak attack but high defensive value (to symbolize how many democracies have large bodies of armed citizens who can be called upon to defend their country in times of war), and unlike most other units, they do not require any money from the treasury for upkeep (since democracy DOES have the least amount of unit support of any of the late-game governments).

Anyhow, I'm attaching an animated preview of the Gelnika, which I just released for public use on Civilization Fanatics Center. Keep in mind that the Pink square is invisible in the game, and the purplish shadow is actually representing varying degrees of shade in the game (the last two rows of the unit pallettes, which are usually pink, are used for what is knows as alpha-blending, or semi-transparent shadow and smoke effects).

a nirvana fan
02-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Ok cool say when your 100% done and I can check it out:D

Zante
02-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Never played the game, but this mod makes me want to. :)

starseeker
02-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Yeah, me too

Hikaro Takayama
02-05-2006, 12:13 AM
Never played the game, but this mod makes me want to. :)

Well, this isn't the only great fantasy mod for Civilization III Conquests.... There's also a superb Warhammer fantasy mod (I'ts been released for over a year, but I finally got a good enough connection to download it, and I proceeded to play as Karl Franz of the Empire and whomped on everyone else), a very good D&D mod based on Mystara, a mod called Master of Myrror, based on the old turn-based strategy game, Master of Magic, and there's even a Star Wars and Stargate, SG-1 mod in the works (I'm actually making a gateship/puddle jumper and a Wraith dart for that one).

I'll also be attaching a preview of new/updated factions and unique/flavor units later. In the meantime, I'm attaching a preview of what most of the basic units look like. These are units that aren't unique or flavor... i.e. they are available to all factions, except those that have a flavor or unique unit replacing them.

First row is the Offensive unit line (fighter, knight, paladin, swordmaster, samurai)
Second row is the defensive unit line (archer, ranger, gunner, and sniper)
Third row is the Dragoon line (warrior, gladiator, lancer, and dragoon)
Fourth row is the Mechanized unit line (battle wagon, steam tank, tank and heavy tank). Also, at the far right of rows 2-4 is the combat airship line (airship, steam airship and advanced airship)
Fifth row is artillery units (catapult, trebuchet, bombard, artillery and mobile artillery)
Sixth row is misc units available to most factions (worker, settler, hunting falcon (scouting unit available to expansionist factions), paratrooper, and jump trooper)
7th row is more misc units, including some available through salvaging enemy machina, city improvements or wonders (Marine, death machine, mage, minotaur, and Crusader).

escobert
02-05-2006, 12:22 AM
I love civilisation! This looks VERY nice ^_^.

-N-
02-05-2006, 03:21 AM
You used Poser for those facial renditions? That's pretty cool.

Best of luck in completing it - I don't play Civ III, so I don't really follow the application of the mods. It says in your first post you need a third thing for FFVI - try using a generic Esper, maybe? Or a Doma soldier?

starseeker
02-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Aren't wraith ships and puddle jumpers (gate ships) in Stargate Atlantis?

Very good work on the units.

Hikaro Takayama
02-05-2006, 03:22 PM
You used Poser for those facial renditions? That's pretty cool.

Best of luck in completing it - I don't play Civ III, so I don't really follow the application of the mods. It says in your first post you need a third thing for FFVI - try using a generic Esper, maybe? Or a Doma soldier?

Check my most recent overview... I've already made an Esperling unit based on Terra for the Returner's third UU. One of the challenges of that unit (which I managed to pull off fairly well) was during the fortify animation, I have her change into Esper form, then she unleashes a string of powerful spells (flare, thundaga, bilzzaga), and the victory animation depicts her transforming back into human form. I also have been using Poser to make all of my humanoid units as well. (Esperling, Wutai Ninja (a.k.a. Yuffie), Mithra Ninja, Elvaan and Viera Settlers, Shinra SOLDIER, Cloud Strife King unit (basically King units only come into play with Regicide games, but the twist with the FF mod is that King units are the most powerful in the entire game, due to the fact that the different faction leaders are based on heros or bosses from the different games, and your average FF PC party could easily take over a small country), Al Bhed Machina Hunter, Viera Sniper, and the Ranger).

Starseeker: Yes, the wraith ships and puddle jumpers are from SG Atlantis, but this mod will have stuff from both series... Also, there was a puddle jumper in SG1 (it was the time-travelling ship that they found on that one planet).