PDA

View Full Version : Command window structure...

Peter_20
07-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Am I the only one who always thought the command window looked so much nicer if the Enemy Skill was placed next to Attack while Mime was placed furthest down, to the right?
I mean, like this:

Attack----Enemy Skill--Morph
Magic-----Steal-------D.Blow
Summon--Sense-------Manip.
Item------Throw------Mime

Some seem to prefer the Enemy Skill furthest down, but I think it looks pretty ugly.

Christmas
07-11-2005, 03:28 PM
I fine with whatever way they put the command window as long as I can press attack at the first click.

Peter_20
07-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Iīm really strict to myself on stuff like this.
I even keep pre-decided party orders; I canīt play if Cloud is standing in the middle,
he just feels... inappropriate or something.

Letīs take an example:
I think you agree with me on Steal being more of a "typical" kind of command before stuff like D.Blow and Manip., and therefore it doesnīt feel right if itīs ordered like:

Mime
Sense
Throw
Morph
Steal
Enemy Skill

...and so on.
Disturbing! :mad:
Fortunately, the command order was well-structured in the Master Command Materia.

MAS82587
07-11-2005, 05:18 PM
as long as all the commands are there, and mime is easy to get to, then i dont care.

Rhi
07-11-2005, 05:41 PM
ditto

-N-
07-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Are you complaining about the functionality or the aesthetics? I mean, are you complaining because E. Skill stretches the window too much or because you need to use it more frequently and don't like that it is far away?

Rhi
07-11-2005, 06:29 PM
i'm not complaining sunshine im agreeing that it doesnt matter where it is

Peter_20
07-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Are you complaining about the functionality or the aesthetics? I mean, are you complaining because E. Skill stretches the window too much or because you need to use it more frequently and don't like that it is far away?

Neither.
I never thought of the "stretched window" part, I just think it feels better having the Enemy Skill placed above the Steal command. Dunno why, but thatīs how it is, iīm a perfectionist.

If you think about it, the Master Command actually has an innate structure, starting naturally with the basic stuff like Steal, Sense and Throw.
Same with the order of the Materias in various stores; have you ever seen a shop with the order Ice, Lightning, Fire?
Or when did you see the Fire spell placed before the basic defensive spells Cure, Poisona and Life?
There are natural orders in everything, and to me this Enemy Skill part is one of them.
Simply looks better to have it placed as a "leader command" before the other commands, and that also makes Mime ending up last, which I think is correct, since itīs the most "special" of them.

Not sure if you got my point, Iīm from Sweden after all, but I think you should get what I mean.