PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Trivia

Pages : [1] 2

Medi
07-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Hi everyone, today I'm starting a trivia thread about my favorite game franchise, Metroid. I love trivia games. Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to make a trivia thread here so one of Cid's Knights can close this if they wish. Here's the first question:

Beside's Omega Metroid, which boss is in Metroid II and Metroid Fusion?

Khabal
07-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Ridley

edczxcvbnm
07-11-2005, 04:43 PM
I am not sure of the name but it is the ball jump boss. The turtle looking thing. It is the ONLY other boss in Metroid II that isn't a metroid of some sort.

Medi
07-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Good job edczxcvbnm, I think its name is Arachnus, anyway it's your turn.

edczxcvbnm
07-11-2005, 04:49 PM
In Super Metroid what is the name of the final area?

Lindy
07-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Tourain, rebuilt base of the Space Pirates, right? >_>

Though, you do head back through that upper area again, when escaping >_>

edczxcvbnm
07-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Your right. I realized that after I had made the question but figured people would figure it out. In the end if you want to get super technical then it would be space as that is where you ship ends up right before it says the end :P

Lindy
07-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Arrite, err...

In doing a 1% game in Metroid Fusion, where and what is the unavoidable item that gives you 1%?

A rough location of where it is, like the Sector and whereabouts you're heading at the time will do.

edczxcvbnm
07-11-2005, 06:06 PM
You can do a 1% run? I am going to say that the 1 item that you must have is ball form. You get it in that upper section near the start of the game.

*beeep*

Announcer: "You are dead fucking wrong edczxcvbnm. Now go hang your head in shame you sack of /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif."

edczxcvbnm: :crying2:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-11-2005, 06:15 PM
In Fusion, only Energy Tanks, Missiles, and Power Bombs count toward your percentage. The one item you have no choice but to acquire is in Sector 3 (PYR); it's a missile tank blocking your path in a tunnel, and you get it while progressing toward the Super Missile download.

Lindy
07-11-2005, 06:15 PM
I don't think it's even really necessary to say you're right, since you always are >_>

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Question: In what game did the Space Jump first appear?

edczxcvbnm
07-11-2005, 06:22 PM
I know it was in Metroid 2 so I will go with that one. I can't remember if it was in the first or not.

Answer=Metroid II: The Revenge of Samus XD

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Yes.

edczxcvbnm
07-11-2005, 06:30 PM
There are three endings to Super Metroid. What are the two time barriars that determine what ending you will recieve?

Medi
07-11-2005, 06:41 PM
three hours and five hours?

edczxcvbnm
07-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Nope

Lindy
07-11-2005, 06:45 PM
3 hours and under - Samus in the suit, then the screen flashes and shows her without Suit
Between 3 and 10 hours - Samus in the suit, then the screen flashes and shows her sans helmet
Over 10 hours - Samus in the suit, then she jumps and shoots the screen

edczxcvbnm
07-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Yesh

Lindy
07-11-2005, 06:54 PM
In Metroid Prime, which are the only items necessary to complete the game, taking into account sequence breaking?

Medi
07-11-2005, 06:55 PM
darn, the only metroid games i haven't beaten or even played are the metroid prime games (i don't have a gamecube)

edczxcvbnm
07-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Question! Do all the items such as beams, suits or suit mods(ball) count? Do missles and super missle type items count also?

Lindy
07-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Every item you collect in the game counts as a single percentage point, that includes beams suits, powerups, missile expansions and whatnot, and ESPECIALLY the Beam Combos.

Well, there are two items that don't, but I'm sure you can figure out what they are.

Just list the items that are 100% necessary to finish the game, through the usage of sequence breaking to avoid the unecessary ones.

edczxcvbnm
07-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Ball, Bomb, Missle, Super Missle, Power Bomb, Grappling Beam, Ice Beam, Charge Beam, Wave Beam, Plasma Beam, Spiderball, Boost Ball, X-Ray Visor, infared Visor, Varia Suit, Gravity Suit, Phazon Suit.

I think I got everything. I didn't include space jump because I know you don't need that but I think that you need most everything else for some stupid reason or another.

Lindy
07-11-2005, 07:27 PM
Nope, you have FAR too many.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-11-2005, 07:36 PM
I've never been too good at pulling off all the techniques that are necessary for majorly sequence-breaking in Prime, so I never kept up with what was possible, although I do know there are numerous items that seem necessary but aren't due to some crazy trick or another. So I'll just make some educated guesses here.

Missile
Morph Ball
Morph Ball Bomb
Varia Suit
Wave Beam
Ice Beam
Power Bomb
Plasma Beam
Phazon Suit

Lindy
07-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Ah, I'll give you that, since I don't think anyone else could get it.

You're missing the 12 artifacts, and I believe that you need the Space Jump in order to skip out using the Spider Ball and Gravity Suit, so the lowest possible percentage is 22%. (The Phazon Suit and Beam don't count to the percentage score), though I could be wrong, not sure, s'been a while since I was checking up on the Sequence Breaking scene and 22% was the lowest I'd seen (Actually being able to open Geothermal Core without the Boost Ball is the maddest thing EVER)

Best I've gotten is a 30% game, all the usual suit items, just no Missile Expansions or Energy Tanks and a single Power Bomb Expansion, though I did get the Space Jump, Ice Beam, Power Bombs and consequently the Plasma Beam early, in order to make Thardus and a few other things easier. Actually technically, I got one Missile Expansion, but that was in order to skip out the Missile Launcher.

...It was hard, I'll tell you that, though not really anything special, boo.

edczxcvbnm
07-11-2005, 07:49 PM
I thought that you could skip the space jump in the game because there is a glitch around it. I am not very good at low item runs or high item runs. It is usually the speed run that I am decent at...although Prime has no run button ;_;

I think the Phazon Suit goes towards your percentage but not the gun because that is aquired during the final fight. If I am not mistake you get the phazon suit during regular play.

Lindy
07-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Phazon Suit and Beam appear as separate items in your inventory, but don't count towards your item percentage, trust me and the entire Prime community on this, it's taken as truth, instead the final expansion (or is it energy tank?) you find counts as 2% instead of 1%.

Don't question, just accept.

And Prime has the Speed Jump for fast movement, just jump and hold L as you do so.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Q: What do "Stardust Shower," "Diamond Dust," "Asteroid Belt," and "Emerald Splasher" refer to?

Hint: They're in Super Metroid.

Lindy
07-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Charged a single Beam -> Morph Ball -> Lay a Power Bomb

Stardust Shower is the spazer combo, Diamond Dust is the Ice Beam combo, Asteroid Belt is the Wave Beam combo, Emerald Splash is the Plasma Beam combo.

Medi
07-11-2005, 08:04 PM
are they the beam shields? you have to select power bombs, go to menu have charge and other beam selected (ice, spazer, wave, plasma) and charge up beam then a shield will glow around you, is that it?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Groovy Lindy.

Lindy
07-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Medi, the beam shields are glitches that follow on from the Power Bomb/Beam Techs.

Charge up the spazer, use the power bomb, then switch to another one for the spazer shield, I think that's how it works anyway.

Anyway, question question...

Bosses and Mini-Bosses aside, name all the one-time scans in Metroid Prime 2 and ONLY one time scans, things that appear in more than one room in the game are not counted, single opportunity scans only.

edczxcvbnm
07-11-2005, 08:50 PM
All the power up items you get expect for replenisment type power up items(e.g. energy tank, missles, ect.).

All Bosses besides our favorite dark samus.

Your space ship.

All the different story points that you can scan on monitors and crap.

That should just about cover it.

Lindy
07-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Far too many, most of those appear throughout the game, I just want things you can scan at only ONE point in the game and then NEVER AGAIN.

And I said bosses and mini-bosses aside, so they don't count.

For example, Samus' ship changes at a point in the game, but you can scan it any time before that, the things I am discussing appear in a single room at a single point and then never ever appear ever again.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-11-2005, 09:07 PM
Only the Vigilance Class Turret and the Ing Webtrap come to mind. I'd also say Dark Shredders and Chykklings, but since they can appear over and over again during the Chykka battle, they may not be up to the ONE ROOM, ONE TIME, NEVER AGAIN requirement.

Lindy
07-11-2005, 09:14 PM
You missed a couple still, and yes the endless spawning of Chykklings and Dark Shredders counts, since they only appear in the boss battle and then never again.

edczxcvbnm
07-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Far too many, most of those appear throughout the game, I just want things you can scan at only ONE point in the game and then NEVER AGAIN.

And I said bosses and mini-bosses aside, so they don't count.

For example, Samus' ship changes at a point in the game, but you can scan it any time before that, the things I am discussing appear in a single room at a single point and then never ever appear ever again.

Okay. I have no clue. I thought it was limited to just one room in the game. Not room and time. I miss read.

Lindy
07-11-2005, 09:53 PM
For more of a hint, Kishi-kun was short by three >=(

Chzn8r
07-12-2005, 04:31 AM
Oh bah, why do I have to come in on a hard question? I missed a lot of the 1-time only scans in that game. I think my best scanbook was 92%.

Lindy
07-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Haha, that's funny 'cause 92% was my first-time scan percent.

Eh, I'll just give the answer and pose another one.

As Kishly said :

Vigilance Class Turret : Central Mining Station - Agon Wastes
- There are lots in the game, but you can only scan them while they're being used by Space Pirates in this section.
Ing Webtrap : Battleground - Dark Agon Wastes
- This appears over the door when you're fighting the Warrior Ing for the Temple Key, and disappears upon it's defeat.
Chykklings : After the Larval stage of the Chykka fight
Dark Shredder : During the Larval stage of the Chykka fight

Then the one missed :

Lightbringer : Dueling Range - Dark Agon Wastes
- They appear creating little Safe Zones as they move first time you enter the room, but are gone once you leave it.

Err yeah, I miscounted when I said three more, I thought Weblings only appeared once in the game, but they appear twice, and I thought the Growler Class turret you find in the Temple Grounds disappears when you leave the room, but it's possible to just leave and come back and get it, just it goes forever after you blow it up.

Anyway, uhh...

Name all the MINOR bosses in Super Metroid, not Major ones.

Medi
07-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Ok: Torizo, Spore Spawn, Crocomire, Botwon (serpent in maridia), Gold Torizo

(i don't count the ridley battle at the ceres station, the little kraid before you fight big kraid, and the super metroid battle in tourian as major boss battles or even boss battles at all)

Lindy
07-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Hot, easy, but hot.

Medi
07-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Here's another question in which you have to list a few things: What upgrades/items were in Metroid Zero Mission but not Metroid?

Lindy
07-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Power Grip, Space Jump, Gravity Suit, Super Missiles, Power Bombs, Speed Booster, Wave Beam and the 3 Unknown Items.

Medi
07-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Good except you forgot the spring-ball, i guess that doesn't count if it comes w/ high jump. so it's your turn

Lindy
07-12-2005, 03:20 PM
I couldn't remember if you even got the Spring Ball in Zero Mission, that's why I left it out XD

Ok...

In Super Metroid, without Sequence Breaking and following the general order of item to item, not taking into account exploration, what is the order you FIRST enter each of the areas.?

edczxcvbnm
07-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Createria, Brinstar, Meridia, Nofar, Wrecked Ship, Tourian

Lindy
07-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Ed wins the internet, carefully noting that you pass through Maridia through the glass tunnel to get to Norfair from Brinstar.

edczxcvbnm
07-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Awesome...and I so butchered all the names >_<

In super metroid how do you kill the gold...pirates...in the Norfair?

Lindy
07-12-2005, 04:44 PM
The Gold Ninja Space Pirates jump around like crazy, you have to wait until they stop and change colour, then hammer their backs with Super Missiles.

They're in Ridley's Lair, not Norfair, but I suppose they're technically part of the same place.

edczxcvbnm
07-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Its all the norfair to me. Technically anything can kill them after they change colors which always happens after a jump kick.

EDIT: Oh yeah...go.

Lindy
07-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Yeah, but Super Missiles makes it quickest since they're COMPLETE AND UTTER BAST-

Yeah, anyway.

Which items have appeared in all the Metroid games, from the original up to Metroid Prime 2.

edczxcvbnm
07-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Morph Ball, Ice Beam, Wave Beam, Missles, Bomb, Varia Suit, High Jump Boots and energy tanks.

Lindy
07-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Nope.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Power Beam, Morphing Ball, Bomb, Varia Suit, Energy Tanks, and Missiles.

Power Grip, Space Jump, Gravity Suit, Super Missiles, Power Bombs, Speed Booster, Wave Beam and the 3 Unknown Items.The Wave Beam was in Metroid. You probably mean the Plasma Beam. And the Space Jump, Gravity Suit, and Plasma Beam are the three Unknown Items, so you didn't have to list them twice.
Technically anything can kill them after they change colorsIf you really want to say technically, only charged shots, Missiles, and Super Missiles work.

edczxcvbnm
07-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Technically anything can kill them after they change colorsIf you really want to say technically, only charged shots, Missiles, and Super Missiles work.

I know a normal shot hurts them because that is what I always use. You don't need to charge shot them. Maybe normal pellets don't work but I know that Ice + Wave + Spazer/Plasma works as is. I am not sure about power bombs or normal bombs but I image they work if you can some how catch them in it :D

Lindy
07-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Very right. Ed forgot that all the normal beams are gone in MP2, replaced with Dark, Light and Annihilator Beams, and the High Jump is gone in MP and MP2 as well, replaced with the double jumping Space Jump Boots.

And damn, I always get Wave and Plasma Beam mixed up, I thought I should put the three unknown items as separate because they're TECHNICALLY different items until you finally get them properly later on, but eh that's just me.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-12-2005, 05:17 PM
I know a normal shot hurts them because that is what I always use. You don't need to charge shot them. Maybe normal pellets don't work but I know that Ice + Wave + Spazer/Plasma works as is.Only Plasma (plus anything you combine it with) hurts them without charging. Of course, Plasma's also the only thing you should be using at that point in the game.
I am not sure about power bombs or normal bombs but I image they work if you can some how catch them in it :DI've tried it. The jerks don't even acknowledge them.

Q: Not counting hard modes where you can only get 100, in what three games is 250 not the maximum number of missiles you can acquire?

Lindy
07-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Metroid, Metroid 2 and Metroid Prime 2.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Nope.

edczxcvbnm
07-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Metroid and Metroid II :/

You guys ask hard questions.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Megahint: Metroid and Metroid Prime 2 are correct.

edczxcvbnm
07-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Metroid, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime II

*Just guessing at this point*

Lindy
07-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Metroid you have 255
Metroid 2 has like...less than 250, 220 or something I think.
Metroid Prime 2 you have 255

>_>

Unless I'm totally missing something?

Prime has 250, Zero Mission has 250.

...Fusion? I can't remember, that one I haven't played for a long time.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-12-2005, 05:50 PM
M: 255
MII: 250
SM: 230
MF: 250
MP: 250
MZM: 250
MP2: 255

Giving the next question to ed just because.

Lindy
07-12-2005, 05:54 PM
All I can say is bugger, how didn't I get that one.

edczxcvbnm
07-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Let me see here. What can I dish out that should be an easy question to answer for all parties involved.

I hope I know the answer to this one because I am saying it anyways.

How many different types of Metroids appear throughout the series?

Lindy
07-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Metroid
Alpha Metroid
Gamma Metroid
Zeta Metroid
Omega Metroid
Queen Metroid
Hunter Metroid
Fission Metroid
Dark Metroid
Metroid Prime
The Baby Metroid that you find at the end of Metroid 2 and grows HUEG in Super Metroid.
(Motchroid)
(Dark Samus)

I put the las two in brackets since them being true 'troids is debatable.

So, either 13 or 11.

edczxcvbnm
07-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Almost correct. I just have one question...what is the Motchroid? That might be the thing I am thinking of. What game and where is it?

Lindy
07-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Motchroids were the first Space Pirate attempt to create a Metroid, they look like Metroids only with one brain...thing.

They appear in a single room in Maridia in Super Metroid, destroyable with a few shots or a single grapple beam blast.

I added them just in case you were considering them as an ACTUAL Metroid.

edczxcvbnm
07-12-2005, 06:48 PM
That is the one. I had no clue what they were called so I called them the "Squishy Metroid" XD

That one was suppose to be the ace in the hole to throw people off on that one ;_;

Go.

Lindy
07-12-2005, 06:54 PM
In Metroid Fusion, security doors come in different levels and corresponding colours, name all the colours and to which level of security they apply.

Chzn8r
07-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Level 1- blue
Level 2- green
Level 3- yellow
Level 4- red

In what "end area" do you have to kill the most metroids? Metroid, Metroid 2, or Super Metroid? Metroid Prime doesn't count because the Fission metroids keep respawning.

Lindy
07-12-2005, 08:31 PM
By "end area", do you mean Tourian in Metroid/Super and the uhh...like the Queen bit in Metroid 2?

I know after the Queen there are 8 Metroid you have to kill >_>

I'd probably say Metroid, there were a few in Super Metroid, but I think the original has more...

edczxcvbnm
07-12-2005, 09:01 PM
DAMN THIS THREAD! Now I want to play through all the metroids again(except the first one...I just suck at that game).

Lindy
07-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Funnily enough, when this thread appeared I was playing through Metroid Prime 2 again in a sort of 100% rough speed run, no sequence breaking.

Chzn8r
07-13-2005, 07:13 AM
Yeah I suck at sequence breaking Prime 2 and Fusion, I can only do a few key things in Prime, though I have Super Metroid down pat. This is an inspiring thread though.

Anyways, yeah the original has the most Metroids.

Lindy
07-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Arrite...

Name all the Beams and Beam Combos that have ever appeared in a Metroid Game >=(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm going to assume that by Beam Combos you're not referring to combinations of beams like Charge/Ice, Charge/Ice/Plasma, Charge/Wave/Plasma, etc. Because that would be obnoxious.

Super Metroid
Stardust Shower
Diamond Dust
Asteroid Belt
Emerald Splasher
Metroid Prime
Super Missile
Wavebuster
Ice Spreader
Flamethrower
Metroid Prime 2: Echoessss
Super Missile
Darkburst
Sunburst
Sonic Boom
Right?

Lindy
07-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Yurs, just combining Beams in Super Metroid wasn't needed.

I could be pedantic and require the Murder Beam, but since that's a glitch, s'not really proper.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2005, 02:24 PM
wood beam lol

Q: In what game do missile tanks add 10 missiles to your total instead of five?

Medi
07-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Metroid II Return of Samus

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes go go go.

Medi
07-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Ok

Q: In Super Metroid, after you beat the Mother Brain and you are escaping to your ship, in what room will you find the Etecoons and Dachoras?

Lindy
07-13-2005, 02:34 PM
In Crateria, the same one you found the Bomb from the Torizo boss.

Medi
07-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Correct, your turn.

Lindy
07-13-2005, 02:37 PM
In Super Metroid, which room are you forced to turn OFF an ability in order to progress and what is that ability?

Medi
07-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Wow, I have absolutely no idea. I don't remember having to turn off any abilities anywhere.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2005, 03:57 PM
I don't think I've ever heard of that. I guess you could be talking about turning off the Gravity Suit to get into lower Norfair without the Space Jump, but you're not really forced to do that since you can always bomb-jump...or just go get the Space Jump.

Lindy
07-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Nope, there is a single room where in order to get through it you HAVE to turn off an ability.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2005, 04:29 PM
The room leading to the Ice Beam with the closing gates? If memory serves, that's the only room that (a) absolutely requires running (for the mockball/Speed Booster) to get through and (b) needs to be traversed in order to finish the game. In the unlikely event that you have the X-Ray Scope but not the Ice Beam, you'd have to turn off the Scope in order to be able to run through that room.

Lindy
07-13-2005, 04:43 PM
No, that's not it, since that's not exactly a common occurence >_>

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2005, 04:52 PM
You have to turn off the Grappling Beam in any room where you need to kill an enemy to continue and that enemy isn't harmed by the Grappling Beam.

YOU MUST ACQUIT

edczxcvbnm
07-13-2005, 04:58 PM
I don't recall any area of super metroid where turning off an ability is required either. There are times when it might be helpful such as the room with the speed shoes ground and that guy teaches you how to do the super jump.

Lindy
07-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Fine, you won't get it anyway.

There's a room in Brinstar (might be Norfair, I forget), one with water and those snapping enemies you cannot kill, but you can freeze, along with a bunch of spikes.

Until you get the Gravity Suit you MUST turn off the High Jump or you can't jump up onto one of the platforms and thus carry on through the room.

There >_>

And by ability, I meant one of the powerups in the menu you equip not like, an equippable weapon-type like Missiles or Grapple Beam or X-Ray.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2005, 05:29 PM
There's a room in Brinstar (might be Norfair, I forget), one with water and those snapping enemies you cannot kill, but you can freeze, along with a bunch of spikes.

Until you get the Gravity Suit you MUST turn off the High Jump or you can't jump up onto one of the platforms and thus carry on through the room.There's only one room with (1) water, (2) a Yapping Maw, and (3) spikes, and you can get by with the High Jump Boots by just not falling into the water in the first place. Actually I even fell in with the boots and was able to jump out again just fine. >=O

So do you want to ask another question or what?

Lindy
07-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Actually with the high jump, you hit the ceiling and fall down into the water, and if you fall into the water, you can't get out onto the platform anyway.

And no, I can't be bothered with another question >_>

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2005, 05:33 PM
You hit the ceiling? Seriously, what room is this?

Lindy
07-13-2005, 06:53 PM
Urk, tell you what, I'll kick off Super Metroid a bit later and like, screenshot the room so you can see where it is.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2005, 06:55 PM
Grate. In the meantime,

Q: What are the Morphing Ball and Grappling Beam called in the post-SM games?

Lindy
07-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Just Morph Ball and Grapple Beam. >_>

Unless there's some kinda special japanfag name, like morpho ball-chan or grapple-ru beam-kun.

P.S. I miss Maru Mari.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Correct. And yeah, in the first game, the Morphing Ball was called the Maru Mari--which is never translated because it means "Round Ball" and "Maru Mari" is obviously more fun to say.

Your go.

Lindy
07-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Which boss from a previous Metroid game was supposed to appear in Metroid Prime, but didn't due to most likely time constraints, and where is it generally accepted to have supposed to appear?

Chzn8r
07-13-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm gonna say Kraid, in the Chozo Temple.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2005, 07:34 PM
http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/betakraid.jpg

Lindy
07-13-2005, 07:49 PM
lol kraid

Yes, but where was he going to appear? Chozo Temple is wrong, but the background of Kishly's picture is a big hint =(

EDIT : Here's that room for you, it's my Super Metroid ROM and a .zmv movie of me trying to jump it with the High Jump Boots, failing, and then doing it without. I got it mixed up the with Yapping Maw room, but it still has spikes under the water in the second pool >_>

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/lindianajones/supermetroidroom.rar

Chzn8r
07-13-2005, 08:18 PM
If that's Phazon Mines (hinted at by the Mushrooms) that would be a big WTF. Yes it's the low low caves of the game, but it's way too late for a Kraid fight.

Lindy
07-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Kraid was suggested to originally be a while before the Omega Pirate fight, or actually replace him, but as was said, he was taken out probably because there was more background to the Omega Pirate at the time.

Chzn8r
07-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Now that that question is answered...

How can you get 101% in Metroid Prime 2?

Lindy
07-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Easy.

When you first gain the Missile Launcher outside the GFM ship, if you instead blow up the crate, glitch the cutscene, then blow up the crate again, you can get two Missile Launchers. Combine that with the other 99% of the items in the game, you get 101%.

Chzn8r
07-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Yes, your turn.

Lindy
07-13-2005, 08:37 PM
What extras appeared in the Japanese version of Metroid Fusion, when compared to the NTSC/U and PAL versions of the game?

Medi
07-13-2005, 10:47 PM
An ending image gallery and more endings.

Lindy
07-13-2005, 11:25 PM
There's more than just that.

edczxcvbnm
07-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Samus Masturbating furiously!

Lindy
07-13-2005, 11:47 PM
That's Super Metroid X Volleyball, ed, not Fusion.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Not really an "extra," but the "Fusion" in the title logo was changed slightly.
Easy and Hard Modes were added.
Child Mode, in which all the game's text is rendered in easy-to-read kana, was added. The version with kanji and Roman letters was naturally called Adult Mode.
Six new ending pictures with generally sloppy-looking artwork were added, and one from the original version was removed.
A Gallery to view the endings you've achieved was added.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/lindianajones/supermetroidroom.rarBroken!

Lindy
07-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Poifect.

And I LIKED the endings, they were based on the lurvly online Metroid Manga, sure I can't understand Japanese but I get the general gist of Samus's background from it >_>

And try this : http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/lindianajones/SuperMetroidRoom.rar

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-14-2005, 12:11 PM
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/lindianajones/SuperMetroidRoom.rarIn that scenario you can either simply run and jump to the gray platform, or you can just wall-jump up the side of it. No unequipping needed.

Q: What boss that had previously appeared in the series was planned to be in Metroid Zero Mission but was scrapped prior to the game's completion?

Lindy
07-14-2005, 12:30 PM
CROCOMIRE! His sprite is still in the cart, just he has no location.

And bugger.

I blame the fact of how much I'd played it on the keyboard, and how ZSNES doesn't register more than two key presses sometimes (run + right + jump leads to no jumping, and right + jump leads to no running), so I just got used to unequipping the High Jump in order to get past. Even though I play it with my Gamecube controller now, I still unequip the boots >_>

Oh well, at least now I can cut down on my time a little XD

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Your question, then.

Lindy
07-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Alright, another one of those dumb sequence breaking questions =(

In Metroid Zero Mission, what are 9 items that are necessary to finish the game? i.e. what do you hafta take for a 9% game?

Medi
07-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Hmm: maru mari, 3 unkown items, 1 missle expanison, high jump boots, varia suit, ice beam, wave beam?? I've never done a 9% game so I'm just guessing

Lindy
07-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Close, but no cigar.

KentaRawr!
07-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Morph Ball, Missiles, Super Missles, Hi-Jump, Power Grip, Varia Suit, and the 3 Unknown Items. Am I right?

Medi
07-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Darn, forgot about power grip

Lindy
07-14-2005, 04:24 PM
And again, no.

Chzn8r
07-14-2005, 04:24 PM
I blame the fact of how much I'd played it on the keyboard, and how ZSNES doesn't register more than two key presses sometimes (run + right + jump leads to no jumping, and right + jump leads to no running), so I just got used to unequipping the High Jump in order to get past. Even though I play it with my Gamecube controller now, I still unequip the boots >_>

Dang, Super Metroid SUCKS to play on a keyboard.
And what's this about playing with a GC controller? Unless you have A) a Hori controller and B) some way to hook it up to your PC as a gamepad

Lindy
07-14-2005, 04:53 PM
I use a Trio-Linker, bought it off Lik-sang (well, Xander bought it for me as a present), I can hook up my GC, PS2 or DC controllers to my PC. I play all my N64 roms with my GC controller too, it's close to the N64 controller, but I find it a million times more comfortable.

...Also it supports Maracas, Dance Mats and Bongos but just plain "why?" on those.

Chzn8r
07-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Roffle, that's awesome.

But so I've heard,
http://www.nintendospin.com/article975.html
Is a much better GC controller for playing 2D oriented games, ala fighters, Megaman AC, and a bunch of other games.

Lindy
07-14-2005, 05:21 PM
I don't know, I kind of like an analogue stick for controlling games now, I've gotten really used to using it.

I use my GC controller for SNES, N64, Genesis (It works very well with Gunstar Heroes actually) and even MAME games.

I know it's not exactly how it should have been played, but using an analogue stick with arcade is the closest I'll get without shelling out on an arcade pad.

Anyway, answer the dumb trivia question >=(

Chzn8r
07-14-2005, 05:32 PM
Oh, sorry. I beat Zero Mission twice and decided I hated it. And at the time I posted about SM I thought the question had already been answered.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-14-2005, 07:08 PM
:aimmad:
Morph Ball
Missile Tank
Bomb
Varia Suit
Plasma Beam
Power Grip
Ice Beam
Space Jump
Gravity Suit
Q: What was Metroid Fusion's original title, long before it was released or even began to resemble the final product?

Lindy
07-14-2005, 07:28 PM
Uhh...

All I can think of is Metroid IV >_>

Maybe something dumb like Metroid X, but that'd never happen XD

You've stumped me .__.

And also reminded me how angry I am that people forgot that you need BOMBS to do a 9% game, christ, how can you forget bombs? You need them to do ANYTHING, and the godly bomb jumps are necessary to get past places where you'd normally need the high jump.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-14-2005, 07:39 PM
You got it. Metroid IV (http://www.classicgaming.com/mdb/m4/screens.htm).

Lindy
07-14-2005, 08:34 PM
I am shocked.

Shocked and appalled at my own blundering >_>

Which item in Metroid Prime 2 had a special effect but was, actually, at no point ever put to use?

Chzn8r
07-14-2005, 08:38 PM
I'm gonna say the Annihilator Beam's Sonic Boom.

Lindy
07-14-2005, 08:40 PM
I used it 'cause it's freaking powerful. FAPPO EMPEROR ING!

Anyway after thinking about that...

ASIDE FROM BEAM COMBOS, which item with a special effect found no use?

Chzn8r
07-14-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm beat. I can think of times I had to use Annihilator Beam, Echo Visor, Screw Attack, Spider Ball, Power Bombs, Dark Visor, Scan Visor, Bombs, Dark Beam, Light Beam, Missles, Energy Tanks, Ammo Expansions, Boost Ball, Seeker Missles, Super Missles, Varia Suit, Dark Suit, Light Suit, and of course you said don't meantion the Beam Combos so I won't. What am I missing?

Lindy
07-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Err, actually damn, sorry, my first wording of it was better. An item has a special effect but the EFFECT is never put to use, which is that item? >_>

Chzn8r
07-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Uhhh let's see.

The Echo Visor sees the sound effects enemies give off but is never useful in killing them?

Lindy
07-14-2005, 10:25 PM
That's still used.

This is never, ever used.

Chzn8r
07-14-2005, 10:33 PM
... stumped.

Lindy
07-14-2005, 10:38 PM
I'll leave it for Kishly, if there's no reply from that end, then there's no hope for anyone.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-14-2005, 11:11 PM
I have no idea! =D

Lindy
07-14-2005, 11:22 PM
lol u guiz sux

Varia Suit.

It has protection from heat, but there are no situations in Prime 2 that deal with heat.

Special effect, sees no use.

Someone else ask a question, I'm not in the mood for one right now =(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-14-2005, 11:36 PM
That's actually a good point.

Q: What were the Morphing Ball and Charge Beam called in an early version of Super Metroid?

edczxcvbnm
07-15-2005, 04:09 AM
lol u guiz sux

Varia Suit.

It has protection from heat, but there are no situations in Prime 2 that deal with heat.

Special effect, sees no use.

Someone else ask a question, I'm not in the mood for one right now =(

I beg to differ. The only reason it has protection from heat is because it is just better built armor. The gravity suit in super gives you protection to explore further in the Norfair with out damage from lava but that is just because it is better armor in general. I don't believe it to be a special ability.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-15-2005, 04:29 AM
Hint: The early names had already been used prior to SM.

KentaRawr!
07-15-2005, 04:46 AM
My best guess would be Morph Ball and Long Beam, but I am probably wrong.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-15-2005, 04:46 AM
Good enough. They were Maru Mari and Long Beam.

KENTAROU START!!

KentaRawr!
07-15-2005, 05:01 AM
Wow. I got it... Why must I post in these things?

Oh well. I think that this one will probably be too easy, but it is the best I could think of.

Which Super Metroid Boss (Mini-Boss or Normal Boss) was going to have a miniature version of themselves used in the game, but was never used?

Edit: How could I have forgotten to put Super Metroid there?

Chzn8r
07-15-2005, 05:38 AM
There's mini Kraids... I can't imagine seeing a mini Chozo, Botwoon, Phantoon (think that's his name), or Spore Spawn. I wouldn't like to have to push every Mini Crocomire into a pit of lava. And now that I think about it, mini Draygon sounds unlikely (though they could've used the babies that bury it). I'll say mini Ridley lookalikes.

KentaRawr!
07-15-2005, 05:46 AM
Nope. But you mentioned it in your post, chzn8r.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-15-2005, 06:07 AM
The Stoke, or "Mini-Crocomire." Like the Reflector, it wasn't even close to being included in the final version of the game.

http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/stoke.jpg
mini Draygon sounds unlikelyThere are "mini Draygons" in the game. They're called Evirs, and you run into them in the corridor leading to the Shaktool and Spring Ball.

Chzn8r
07-15-2005, 08:16 AM
The Stoke, or "Mini-Crocomire." Like the Reflector, it wasn't even close to being included in the final version of the game.

http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/stoke.jpg
mini Draygon sounds unlikelyThere are "mini Draygons" in the game. They're called Evirs, and you run into them in the corridor leading to the Shaktool and Spring Ball.

Eh, I considered them along the lines with the "babies" (as I call them) in the boss fight. They are admittedly alike but I was thinking of how the "mini-kraids" at least resembled an incarnation of a Kraid boss, shooting spikes and roaring, etc. Besides, I never kill or even get touched by them playing a game so I tend to forget about them.
And I'm also really tired because it's past 2 AM and I've got basically no gas leftover from 5 hours' sleep last night.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Q: How many Metroids does Samus encounter in Metroid II?

KentaRawr!
07-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Q: How many Metroids does Samus encounter in Metroid II?

40?

Edit: Sorry about how I put my last question. >_< I should have said: "Which Boss in the game has a miniature version of themselves in the cartridge, but was never used in the actual game?"

edczxcvbnm
07-15-2005, 04:20 PM
39+8+1= 48

39 = The original counter number
8=hatched right before you get to the queen
1= Teh baby

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-15-2005, 06:12 PM
Right right.

edczxcvbnm
07-15-2005, 08:05 PM
What is Samus's job?

Shin Gouken
07-15-2005, 08:15 PM
is that a stupidly easy question or am i stupid if i say bounty hunter?

edczxcvbnm
07-15-2005, 08:37 PM
WRONG She is a BOOTY Hunter XD

Your turn.

Chzn8r
07-16-2005, 06:16 AM
You know, so far we've only ever seen 2D hotness of Samus. Come on Retro, where's the 10,000 polygon models of suitless Samus?

Necronopticous
07-16-2005, 07:17 AM
Where's the live action model of suitless Samus, played by Chiaki Kuriyama?

KentaRawr!
07-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Where's the live action model of suitless Samus, played by Chiaki Kuriyama?

Isn't it Shinangel2292's turn?

Lindy
07-16-2005, 07:10 PM
You know, so far we've only ever seen 2D hotness of Samus. Come on Retro, where's the 10,000 polygon models of suitless Samus?
MP2's 100% ending had her in the suit from Zero Mission, but she looked like a disgusting bimbo, I preferred just her sans helmet in Metroid Prime, it just fitted. She looked world-weary and tired, in MP2 she looks like she would have gone down well in a copy of Playboy.

Chzn8r
07-16-2005, 09:00 PM
MP2's 100% ending had her in the suit from Zero Mission, but she looked like a disgusting bimbo, I preferred just her sans helmet in Metroid Prime, it just fitted. She looked world-weary and tired, in MP2 she looks like she would have gone down well in a copy of Playboy.

Lol, I wasn't counting that. She honestly didn't look good enough to remember.

I'm talking about- take the 100% ending from Fusion and make that into a gorgeous 3D model.

Lindy
07-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Which 100% ending?

Chzn8r
07-16-2005, 11:07 PM
Under 2 hours. Bah. I keep forgetting that game has like 5 endings.

Medi
07-17-2005, 02:11 AM
If nobody is going to ask a question, then I will.

Q: In Metroid Prime, what must you do to unlock the door to the room that contains the Charge Beam upgrade?

Lindy
07-17-2005, 02:44 AM
Isn't that the one where you have to scan three runes in order to open up the door?

Medi
07-17-2005, 02:58 AM
It's four, but close enough, your turn.

Lindy
07-17-2005, 03:14 AM
Just to make sure, did you mean the room before, with the big tree where you scan the runes, or the actual room where you get it where you have to scan runes in order to open up the door blocking the way to it?

In Metroid Prime, which beam, assuming you have all of them at the time of fighting it, is Thardus weak to?

Chzn8r
07-17-2005, 05:13 AM
Plasma Beam

Between Metroid Prime and Prime 2, how many total songs are remixes of "classic tunes"?

Lindy
07-17-2005, 12:55 PM
Actually, you're wrong, haha, you shouldn't assume you're always right~

But
Elevator Room Music = Uhh...that music in Super Metroid, like, after a boss battle...I think
Tallon Overworld = Brinstar Remix
Magmoor = Ridley's Lair Remix
Crashed Frigate = Maridia Remix
Lower Torvus = Crashed Frigate Remix

Chzn8r
07-17-2005, 02:28 PM
>_> Why wouldn't he be weak to plasma? Isn't that the idea, you've got the uber beam ahead of time and go in to whomp his ass with something you shouldn't have? I mean... fire melts ice...
Ice beam bounces off of him, Wave Beam is inherently weaker than Power Beam (which would just be normal damage)... am I missing something?

Oh and there are 3 remixed tunes (unless you count the whir of the elevator room as music):
-Tallon Overworld is a remix of the original Metroid Brinstar music.
-Magmoor Caverns is a remix of Super Metroid's Lower Norfair (Ridley's Lair) music.
-Lower Torvus is a remix of Lower Brinstar in Super Metroid.

Lindy
07-17-2005, 02:33 PM
He's weak to nothing.

You can get the plasma beam ahead of time, but he has no inherent weakness to it as it wasn't programmed in, since Retro assumed nobody would have the Plasma Beam before then~

Trick question baby.

And Lower Torvus is most definitely a remix of the music from the Crashed Frigate.

Chzn8r
07-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Trick question baby.

And Lower Torvus is most definitely a remix of the music from the Crashed Frigate.

1. Darn you :p

2. I'd like Kishi to confirm this then if you don't trust me...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-17-2005, 06:28 PM
Crashed Frigate = Maridia RemixIt's indeed a "floaty underwater theme," and it was certainly intended to be reminiscent of Maridia's music, but it's by no means a remix or a remake or anything like that.
And Lower Torvus is most definitely a remix of the music from the Crashed Frigate.It's "Brinstar Red Soil Swampy Area" from Super Metroid. It's exactly the same except it has GameCube-quality synth now. Don't know how you didn't notice.

Metroid Prime
"Title," "Artifact Shrine [Release of the Chozo Ruins Seal]," and "Vs. Metroid Prime [Head]" are all based on "Title BGM" from the original Metroid.
"Samus Appears Fanfare" is based on "Samus Appearance Jingle" from the original Metroid.
"Planet Tallon IV" and "Record of Samus" are based on "Brinstar [Rock Stage]" from the original Metroid.
"Get Item Jingle" and "Secondary Item Acquisition Fanfare" are based on "Item Collect Jingle" from the original Metroid.
"Prologue" is based on both "Theme of Super Metroid" and "Ending" from Super Metroid.
"Lava Caves [Burning Trail]" and "Lava Caves" are based on "Norfair Ancient Ruins Area" from Super Metroid.
"Ridley's Escape" and "Vs. Meta Ridley" are based on "Big Boss Confrontation 1" from Super Metroid.
"Impact Crater Core" is based on "Tourian" from Super Metroid.
"Vs. Parasite Queen" is based on "Mother Brain" from Super Metroid.
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
"Samus Aran Appearance Fanfare" is based on "Samus Appearance Fanfare" from the original Metroid. (I swear the phrasing for this and the item jingle changes every game.)
"Item Collection Rate" is based on "Brinstar [Rock Stage]" from the original Metroid.
"Boss Defeated [Item Room Theme]" is based on "Silence" from the original Metroid.
"Item Collection Fanfare" is based on "Item Collect Fanfare" from the original Metroid.
"Escape Theme" is based on "Escape" from the original Metroid. (Don't know how you guys missed this one, either.)
"Intro Part 2 [Arrival at Aether]" and "GF Troopers Story Part 2 [Doomed Mission]" are both based on "Theme of Super Metroid" and "Ending" from Super Metroid.
"Multiplayer - Hunters" is based on "Brinstar Overgrown with Vegetation Area" from Super Metroid.
"Sunken Temple" is based on "Brinstar Red Soil Swampy Area" from Super Metroid.
Boop boop.

Lindy
07-17-2005, 06:35 PM
Gah, I always get Maridia and Brinstar mixed up, how embarassing.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-17-2005, 06:42 PM
I remember because Maridia is like "marine" and Brinstar is like "this area was in Metroid and there was no water in Metroid."

Lindy
07-17-2005, 06:48 PM
I meant the music of them.

Actually getting the areas mixed up, no chance.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-17-2005, 06:52 PM
That's no big deal, then. I did the same thing when I first entered Lower Torvus: there was water all around, and it was obviously Super Metroid music, and that Brinstar song does kind of sound like that Maridia song, so it took me a few seconds to realize it wasn't.

Lindy
07-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Torvus Bog and Lower Torvus have the purtiest music in the whole of Metroid Prime 2 though.

Intoxicating, but then Brinstar always was too.

Chzn8r
07-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Yeah, all that fanfare and title screen stuff wasn't really what I was takling about Kishi... just main music remixes of songs that were originally main music. But then, I also didn't have that extensive knowledge of the song titles and relations. You truly are a Metroid conisseur (sp?).

Lindy
07-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Err, psst, any chance of pointing me in the direction of Metroid Prime and Prime 2 music downloads?

Medi
07-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Go to metroidonline.com. On the left it says "Music Menu" Press it and click which game you would like to download music from.

Lindy
07-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Ta' very much.

Medi
07-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Your welcome, I've downloaded from that site many times.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Also the Metroid Database (http://www.classicgaming.com/mdb). If anything, it's much easier on the eyes than Metroid Online.

Medi
07-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Wow, I've been to that place before, but I didn't know it had music. Thanks, Kawaii

Chzn8r
07-18-2005, 12:48 AM
Wow, this Metroid Online place sure makes getting Metroid music easy and fast :D Any tracks you'd recommend? I've only grabbed some favorites so far, from the Prime games.

Medi
07-18-2005, 12:53 AM
I like the remix of "Samus Story Music" from Super Metroid and the remix of "Game finish theme" also from Super Metroid. Both of these are found in the "Sound in Action" section in the Music Menu. I like "Meta Ridley" from Prime. Anyway, who's turn is it?

Medi
07-19-2005, 01:47 PM
I guess I'll ask another question: How many times do you actually encounter the SA-X in Metroid Fusion?

Chzn8r
07-20-2005, 12:59 AM
I distinctly remember 4 (possible, you can hide from 2 of them) including the fight. One where you hide under the floor, one where you hide in the ceiling, one in Sector 2 right after you get Space Jump, and the showdown. You don't really "encounter" it when you see it fighting with all those metroids in sector 6.

Medi
07-20-2005, 04:19 AM
Good, good, your turn.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-20-2005, 04:27 AM
Actually you guys forgot the encounter in ARC after getting the Power Bombs. And it doesn't matter but the Metroids were in the Restricted Area, not NOC.

Medi
07-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Close enough, your turn chzn8r

Sephex
07-25-2005, 07:18 AM
I just wanted to let you guys know,because of this thread, I been on a Metroid frenzy. I beat Super Metroid twice today (once on PSP emulator and the other on the actual cart). I'm in the middle of a game in Prime and Zero Mission, and I'll probably play through Fusion again for the hell of it. THANKS A LOT!

Medi
07-25-2005, 01:27 PM
I wonder if you're being sarcastic, it's hard to tell. Anyway, if nobody will ask a question then I shall. Q: In Super Metroid, how many super missle tanks do you acquire in Norfair?

edczxcvbnm
07-25-2005, 01:36 PM
2?

Medi
07-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Nope

edczxcvbnm
07-25-2005, 02:20 PM
I could just keep guessing until I get it right. It is a number between 0 and 10.

I know there are 3 for sure in the brinstar
1 in the wrecked ship
1 in the crateria
1 in the Meridia

I know I am missing some from those areas so that really levels it down to 0-4

So I guess 3 now. It is only a matter of time :D

Sephex
07-25-2005, 03:20 PM
I wonder if you're being sarcastic, it's hard to tell. Anyway, if nobody will ask a question then I shall. Q: In Super Metroid, how many super missle tanks do you acquire in Norfair?

I am serious. The "thanks a lot" part was be faking that I was mad about it, though.

Medi
07-25-2005, 03:28 PM
No ed, there is more than 1 super missle tank in wrecked ship, and maridia, so guess again.

edczxcvbnm
07-25-2005, 03:34 PM
1?

Like I said. Those are the ones I know of and I don't remember where they all are as I don't play metroid games to collect every item. I don't find that fun.

Medi
07-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Correct, your turn

edczxcvbnm
07-25-2005, 06:24 PM
How many Metroid games has Ridly appeared in and name them.

Medi
07-25-2005, 07:24 PM
5: Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Prime, Super Metroid, and Metroid Fusion.

edczxcvbnm
07-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Close but no. 1 too many.

This is a trick question by the way.

Medi
07-25-2005, 07:40 PM
The only ways I can think of it being a trick question is you may not count "Super Metroid" because it doesn't start with "Metroid" or "Metroid Zero Mission" because it's just a remake. Or it could be that there is nothing in Metroid called "Ridly" but there's something called "Ridley." Other than that, I'm stumped.

edczxcvbnm
07-25-2005, 07:56 PM
I will wait to see if Kawaii figures out my ruse. I just misspelled Ridley btw because I suck.

Snap Jumper
07-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Ridley appears in Metroid, Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and Prime, but the Ridley in Fusion I believe is like an X-parasite mimic and not really him. So I think it's four.

Medi
07-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Whoa, good call.

Lindy
07-25-2005, 11:40 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=153

SPACE PIRATES STRIKE AGAIN!

Medi
07-26-2005, 12:19 AM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=153

SPACE PIRATES STRIKE AGAIN!

lol

edczxcvbnm
07-26-2005, 01:03 AM
Snap Jumper is right. The "Ridley" in fusion is just an X Parasite that has taken that form and is not a real Ridley there for it doesn't really count.

*reads comic*

Go!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-26-2005, 01:21 AM
Ridley is still in Fusion in the form of the frozen corpse from which the X parasite gets his DNA data junk.

edczxcvbnm
07-26-2005, 02:18 AM
Corpse-Shmorpse.

Lindy
07-26-2005, 03:41 AM
Ridley is still in Fusion in the form of the frozen corpse from which the X parasite gets his DNA data junk.
What I don't get is Ridley and the timeline and stuff.

So like, assuming Zero Mission replaces Metroid in the timeline, it goes like this...

Samus kills Ridley.
Ridley is reborn as Mecha Ridley.
Samus kills Mecha-Ridley.
Ridley is reborn as Meta-Ridley in Prime
Samus BRUTALLY SLAUGHTERS META-RIDLEY.
Ridley is reborn as just plain Ridley in Super Metroid.
Samus UTTERLY DEVASTATES RIDLEY.
Somehow Ridley's intact, frozen corpse ends up on BSL and is consumed by the X.

Right, so, Ridley gets blown up and remade three times, so there's gotta be like, a few Ridleys out there or something, or the Space Pirates perfectly clone him every time.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-26-2005, 04:28 AM
Mecha/Metal/Robot Ridley wasn't Ridley reborn; it was just a robot that was made to look like Ridley. I guess he's just that vain. So, it's more like this.
Metroid (Zero Mission): Samus kills Ridley.
Metroid Prime: Ridley is revived with a bunch of "metagenetic" body armor and missiles and stuff. Code Name wa Meta-Ridley. Samus almost kills him, and then some Chozo lasers knock him off a cliff, and of course we don't see the impact. It's safe enough to assume he didn't die here, and the Pirates just picked him up.
Super Metroid: Ridley is still kicking around, although minus the metagenetic stuff. Samus kills him again and we clearly see him fall to pieces. Shortly afterwards, the entire planet explodes.
Metroid Fusion: Ridley's body appears intact--albeit frozen--aboard the Bio Space Labs spacestation. Eventually, an X parasite infests it, copies Ridley's DNA data junk, and takes off, at which point the poor corpse falls to pieces...again.
It's all pretty clear-cut except the matter of Ridley's corpse being on the spacestation. I can think of a couple explanations for this.
Considering there are also X mimicking Space Pirates aboard the station, the Galatic Federation may have been carrying on some underhanded deals that netted them the bodies/genetic material of Ridley and some Pirates. The Federation and the Pirates have a shared interest in Metroid breeding, after all.
As a bounty hunter, Samus may have saved body parts from the Pirates she killed as proof of her accomplishments to show her commissioners. (The old Itoh comic shows her doing this with Pirate claws.) Then the Federation used those parts to rebuild Ridley's body, and then the X got into it and the Pirate material, etc.

edczxcvbnm
07-26-2005, 05:44 AM
I read the space pirate log an it seems they cloned ridley and added metal to him. At least that is how I see it.

"The reconstruction of geoform 187, code-named Ridley, was recently completed.
After his defeat on Zebes, Command ordered a number of metagenenic improvements
for him. Though aggressive, we were able to implement these changes in a cycle.
The metamorphosis was painful, but quite successful in the end. Early tests
indicate a drastic increase in strength, mobility, and offensive capability.
Cybernetic modules and armour plating have been added as well. We believe our
creature, now called Meta Ridley, will become the mainstay of our security
force, a job he will certainly relish."

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-26-2005, 06:19 AM
That's what I said, right?

Metroid Prime: Ridley is revived with a bunch of "metagenetic" body armor and missiles and stuff.

Sephex
07-26-2005, 06:21 AM
After playing more Metroid today, I was wondering about the Ridley thing (especially the frozen version of him in Fusion). If Kawaii doesn't know for sure...GOD HELP US ALL!

edczxcvbnm
07-26-2005, 01:12 PM
That's what I said, right?

Metroid Prime: Ridley is revived with a bunch of "metagenetic" body armor and missiles and stuff.

Not really....

You "Mecha/Metal/Robot Ridley wasn't Ridley reborn; it was just a robot that was made to look like Ridley"

It was the first thing you said.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-26-2005, 11:16 PM
Meta-Ridley and the Ridley robot at the end of Zero Mission aren't the same thing.

edczxcvbnm
07-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Sorry. I have not played zero that much >_<

Chzn8r
07-28-2005, 04:10 AM
The difference between Mecha Ridley and the rest of the Ridleys is not that it's robotic and the others aren't! Ha! Trick question! It's really that Mecha Ridley is the most underwhelming end boss in the history of video games.

Medi
07-28-2005, 01:03 PM
So, um, is it Kawaii's turn?

Lindy
07-28-2005, 01:18 PM
The difference between Mecha Ridley and the rest of the Ridleys is not that it's robotic and the others aren't! Ha! Trick question! It's really that Mecha Ridley is the most underwhelming end boss in the history of video games.
Get 100% in Zero Mission, and Mecha's difficulty sky-rockets.

Try it on Hard Mode 100% too.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-28-2005, 01:32 PM
It's Snap Jumper's turn, but I don't think the jerk is ever coming back, so.

Q: What terms do the Chozo and the Space Pirates use to refer to Samus?

Lindy
07-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Err, I think the Chozo call her the Chosen One, or something like that, and the Space Pirates call her the Hunter.

Snap Jumper
07-28-2005, 02:33 PM
It's Snap Jumper's turn, but I don't think the jerk is ever coming back, so.
You know what happens when you assume, right?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-28-2005, 11:19 PM
http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/faild.png

Anyway, Lindy only had it half right. Didn't get the Chozo one.

Lindy
07-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Is this a Metroid Prime reference?

Because, I know in the Cipher Chozo Lore, they refer to the Entrusted One in a prophecy, which is Samus.

Oh, and there's also Shining One in the lore of the same name.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Maybe the logs in the PAL version differ in this, but certainly in the North American version, there's no instance of the Chozo referring to her as the Chosen/Entrusted/Shining One. But since you're so sure about it, I'll give it to you.

The term I was looking for was Newborn, Hatchling, or Defender.

Lindy
07-28-2005, 11:37 PM
The PAL version has added logs, and the story changed around in order to fix a few continuity errors, yet in the same sense makes it worse.

In NTSC, the pirates had capture Metroid Prime and the whole reason she had the varying beams was because she'd copied them from the Space Pirates.

But, in the PAL version, the pirates detected Prime in the Impact Crater, but never broke through the barrier, so how did she get the beams?

I've heard the Hatchling term before though, where was it from?

Oh yes, question.

In Metroid Fusion, what percentage of battle readiness does Adam say Samus will be with Missile data?

EDIT : Oops, sorry, it's the Entrusted One Chozo Lore, not Cipher, here's a transcription of it :

So many creatures suffer beneath the blight upon the land, and we Chozo are no exception. But for all of our pain, we can at least believe in the promise of the future; unlike the apparitions that have begun to appear, entities feel neither hope nor solace.
We call these doomed souls The Turned - taking ghostly Chozo forms, they know no reason beyond the instinctive urge to protect our lands. They will likely exist in limbo forever. We have come to believe that a time may never come when we can once again open the door and banish the darkness we've contained. Even so, our vigilance will forever remain.
We believe that on some far-off day, a savior will come and continue what we have begun. For that savior, we will leave our ancient weapons and armour - the soul who can gather them will be the Entrusted One, the only one that can reverse the evil that grows here.

Here's Shining One :

The power of our temple has been enough to halt the spread of the poison on Tallon IV, but whether the evil can ever be truely destroyed is not for our eyes to see. The future is cloudy to us, a world of veils where dark apparitions flit in the shadows. Within this strange world, one image stands out in the mist, flickering in through the landscape, wraithlike. It is a human, a lone figure shining in the toxic shadows. We Chozo do not know what it is, but our hearts swell with hope at the promise of th glowing light. We will place our faith in our shrine; we will be there when the light shines upon our land.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-29-2005, 12:21 AM
I see. The Entrusted One lore simply doesn't exist in the NTSC version, although it resembles the Turned lore. And "a lone figure shining" does not count as Shining One. >=O

They call her Hatchling in the Hatchling's Shell, Hatchling, and Newborn lore; Newborn in the Binding, Worm, Hatchling's Shell, Hope, and Newborn lore; and Defender in the Binding and Worm lore.

A: 10%, I think.

Lindy
07-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Ah, I was just remembering the lores that stood out most, and I figured Shining One would count by the fact that it was the name of the lore, but semantics I suppose.

Talking of Hatchling, Hatchling's Shell, Hope and Binding lores, they don't exist in the EU version, Worm makes no mention of a Newborn or Defender, and Newborn lore is only a clue for the artifact.

So, basically, I had no chance of getting the answer you wanted, as the logs you were citing don't exist or are different in the PAL version.

Also, a few lores and Space Pirate logs are also different from the NTSC version, I went and compared them with the NTSC and EU Log Book FAQs on GameFAQs, some of the differences are quite shocking.

And no, it's not 10%.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-29-2005, 12:45 AM
That's right. She starts out at 10%, and then the Missiles are supposed to bring her up to 20%.

I always thought the percentage thing was kind of goofy, really. My first time playing, I was afraid Adam was going to keep it up throughout the game.

Lindy
07-29-2005, 12:47 AM
Yeah, well 20% was what I was looking for anyway, but you said that, guess I should have been clearer.

It totally doesn't fit with the items you collect though, but I found it amusing and mildly memorable.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-29-2005, 12:52 AM
Q: What is "Varia" an adorable mistranslation of?

Lindy
07-29-2005, 01:00 AM
Barrier, baby.

Varia is just so much more aesthetic.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-29-2005, 01:01 AM
S'right.

Lindy
07-29-2005, 01:13 AM
In MP2:E, what effects does each beam have on a safe zone, and a safe crystal?

Medi
07-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Don't know, never played it.

Lindy
07-29-2005, 02:27 PM
You're missing out baby, MP2:E is probably my favourite, I just love the style.