PDA

View Full Version : You bums

WildRaubtier
07-11-2005, 04:18 PM
So like, after an interesting conversation with foa about our encounters with hoboes, I started thinking.

"How many other people have had a rather noteworthy experience with the less fortunate?"

So, have you? Hobo stories are always a good read ;]

Resha
07-11-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm studying about hoboes for my history lesson tomorrow. :) It is interesting. I feel sorry for them- they really deserve better...I've met some before. At least, I think they were hoboes. I will now remove my pointless self and leave behind this pointless post instead.

Devourment
07-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Never. Don't go near the things.

Chris
07-11-2005, 04:23 PM
NO! I'm rich so I don't deal with the less fortunate people! >:O
Just kidding, I also step over them with respect. :)

Hawkeye
07-11-2005, 04:25 PM
I had to work in a soup kitchen once. Its incredible how much food they have in their storage

Old Manus
07-11-2005, 04:40 PM
:cool:

Craig
07-11-2005, 04:42 PM
I got mistaken for a girl by one a few weeks ago. Although, in my defense my hair is kind of long and he saw me from behind.

-N-
07-11-2005, 06:15 PM
So like, after an interesting conversation with foaLiar. :D

nik0tine
07-11-2005, 06:18 PM
:cool:
Yes.

omnitarian
07-11-2005, 06:19 PM
The Google ads that appear at the top of this topic frighten me.

Psychotic
07-11-2005, 06:21 PM
I once bowed to a hobo after giving him 67p. I felt like he deserved a bow as well as money. I'd have juggled for him too, if I knew how to juggle and if I had juggling balls on me at the time.

fire_of_avalon
07-11-2005, 06:32 PM
So like, after an interesting conversation with foaLiar. :D

No, serious. I told him my hobo stories.

One time I was shopping on Franklin St. in Chapel Hill and it was dark, but not really late so I was like "I will be ok by myself!" No. I'm walking back up the big hill and this guy walks by me and he goes "Mmm mmm MMM my sweet Miss Peaches!" and I was like *walks faster*.

And then once I was with Alli and Matt (DoomAntenna and Yggdrasil respectively) eating on Hillsbourough St. in Raleigh and this man comes up to us and he smells like rum and he has ONE EYE and the other one doesn't even have a PATCH or anything, it was just an eyesocket and he gets right between me and Alli and asks us for change and Matt gave him some and we were all like *walks faster*.

And I used to work in soup kitchens and Christian Missions all the time, and they all liked me there and stuff.

StarlightAngel
07-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Once my mom was mobbed by homeless kids because she gave some money to one. One of the kids ran across the street and got hit by a motorcycle O_o

We were in Vietnam though, so she wasn't hurt very badly. They drive slowly and chaotically there :cool:

boris no no
07-11-2005, 07:19 PM
in the nearest city Derby there isn't really a homeless person problem. but in birmingham about every few metres someone tries to sell the big issue. not that i mind. i just hate people that are pushing and demand O__O it's not nice

SilverWind
07-11-2005, 07:36 PM
The Google ads that appear at the top of this topic frighten me.

That's funny one on this page is for the Silver Hobo Shop...but seriously I've never encountered a hobo before...

black orb
07-11-2005, 07:42 PM
I got mistaken for a girl by one a few weeks ago. Although, in my defense my hair is kind of long and he saw me from behind.
>>> That happens to me too. :D
I have long hair and a beard.

Triple T
07-11-2005, 07:45 PM
When I went to Montreal I saw a homeless person take coffee out of a garbage can and drink from it. >_<

It was gross. Really. :eyebrow:

eestlinc
07-11-2005, 07:48 PM
I have a funny hobo story but it's very personally embarrassing so I won't tell it.

although there was the time the guy comes up to me and my friend as asks us if we want to buy inkjet printer cartridges.

Old Manus
07-11-2005, 07:48 PM
When I went to Montreal I saw a homeless person take coffee out of a garbage can and drink from it. >_<

It was gross. Really.

That was me :(

Triple T
07-11-2005, 07:52 PM

It was gross. Really.

That was me :(

You're a black man!? :p

Old Manus
07-11-2005, 08:01 PM
That was my disguise.

kikimm
07-11-2005, 08:23 PM
There are some interesting ones down in Santa Monica, but as I have no reason to go down there anymore, I never see them now. :( But I know there was a black man who would yell and scream at you, while he walked behind you. Kind of creepy.

OH! And then, on a field trip to a museum a couple opf years ago, in the courtyard I walked into, there was...probably 10 or so, in a very small space. It was....weird. Hobo city.

:D

Ravenmorghane
07-11-2005, 09:02 PM
are hobos the same as tramps?
cus theyr alcoholics over here. although one kind tramp told me and my mates how to use random things in the street to open alcopop bottles cus we were stuck uptown late at nite with no bottle opener!
and my mate saw one pissin in the street when she came out of the gym.
one of the gits managed to do the 'change' trick on me at work it was sooo embarassing cus im a little bit dippy!

-N-
07-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Tramps are classier. :up:

Triple T
07-11-2005, 10:01 PM
That was my disguise.

I fear you.

Meat Puppet
07-11-2005, 10:13 PM
I was one.

Xaven
07-11-2005, 11:49 PM
I was with my aunt when she went to Taco Bell and bought some homeless guy a burrito. He seemed nice enough.

That happens to me too, but with average people.

Maxico
07-12-2005, 12:06 AM
I'd have juggled for him too, if I knew how to juggle and if I had juggling balls on me at the time.

Pah! The pro's do it with chainsaws and cats.

EDIT: What the crap is 'pah'?

Shlup
07-12-2005, 12:18 AM
I used to hang out with Hobo Steve but I don't think he's a hobo anymore. And when I see Hobo Bob around town I usually give him some food 'cause I've known him since I was a little girl.

Yamaneko
07-12-2005, 02:04 AM
I usually just step over them.