PDA

View Full Version : most epic boss fight ever?

MAS82587
07-11-2005, 06:12 PM
what boss fight had everything going right? seemed timeless? didnt seem like an ordinary boss fight because it felt like it meaned more?
my votes off the top of my head, would be kefka, seymour omnious or whatever, and not really a final fantasy boss but the fight with Volgin in MGS3 was my personal favorite.
feel free to include bosses outside of ff also.

Aphelion
07-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Ouch...I lost a lot to Lady Yunalesca...I wasn't prepared at the time, and I lose all my patience when I have status effects all over my characters...When I beat her I laughed SO hard...

Captain Maxx Power
07-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Managed Yunalesca on my first go. Then again FFX is about as easy as catching Malaria in a Mosquito-infested tent six foot by four. As for which boss battle is the most "Epic"...maybe FF8's, simply because it seemed to go on forever.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-11-2005, 07:24 PM
The first fight I thought of was Trance Kuja.

crazybayman
07-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Ultima Weapon - When I beat it at lvl100. :D

Dreddz
07-11-2005, 08:18 PM
When I fought a Flan in FFIX

TasteyPies
07-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Garland, he almost knocked me all down.

Buster Sword Strike
07-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Jenova Life

Just because of the events leading up to it, the song in the background and the cheap two powerful attacks in a row.
It seriously felt like you were getting revenge.

Craig
07-11-2005, 10:38 PM
The first fight I thought of was Trance Kuja.

Dark Messenger does so much for that fight.

KuRt
07-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Trance Kuja and the firt of the final Ansem battles and the battle against Riku in KH

qazwsx1232
07-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Savior Seph

rubah
07-12-2005, 12:33 AM
That battle in the Mua forest in FF5 against the tree:OOOO
;_;

MAS82587
07-12-2005, 01:35 AM
trance kuja, jenova life, and ultima weapon in ffviii were all really great.
have any of u guys played metal gear solid 3 and fought volgin? there arnt many boss fights like that one.

abrojtm
07-12-2005, 04:53 AM
The entire final battle in FFVI was the most epic simply because of the tiers and events leading up to a final battle where your entire party is combined and able to interchange.

Mirage
07-12-2005, 05:24 AM
The Evrae fight on the airship comes to mind. Don't know why.
Other nice fights are the one Rubah pointed out, and the final FF8 battles, except the very last. Ofcourse, all final battles are meant to be very epic, that's why I didn't pick any of those as number one.

Optium
07-12-2005, 06:25 AM
The battle in FF9 where you get trance for the first time when Garnet is
captured by that plant.

.opt

Takara
07-12-2005, 11:32 AM
The battle at the end of Chapter 1 in Final Fantasy Tactics where you finally get to beat the crap out of Algus. That felt sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

And I always have to lose to Adel in Lunatic Pandora at least once in each of my FFVIII playthrough if only to point and laugh at Rinoa as I make her suffer for being such an annoying, clingy, spoiled brat.

crazybayman
07-12-2005, 12:45 PM
I should also say Chaos in FF1, and Jecht in FFX while Otherworld was playing

They should have more metal tunes playing during boss fights :p

Sefie1999AD
07-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Most of the battles in Final Fantasy Tactics. The battles usually require a lot of time and strategy, and it feels like an accomplishment when you beat them. The music has certainly something to do with it. I was really blown away when I heard songs like "Antipyretic" or "Battle on the Bridge" for the first time, they added so much to the battle. Here's some especially epic battles: Fovoham Plains (the battle against Wiegraf during Chapter 1), Fort Zeakden (Algus), Zirekile Falls (save Ovelia, also has Delita, Agrias and Gafgarion, not to mention tons of treachery), the Execution Site battle (Whee! A really tough fight, too), Gates of Lionel Castle (the battle switches nicely between Ramza/Gafgarion duel and the other party members fighting), the whole Riovanes carnage, Bethla Garrison dam (A really, really long battle... BTW, you'll get Orlandu after this one), Igros Castle (Ramza's oldest brother turning against him) and the final battles in the Graveyard of the Airships.

Other battles I think are worth mentioning include the Chaos battle in FF1 Origins. The new graphics, the new music, the effect of everyone floating in space and Chaos using all kinds of huge spells, wow. The battle against the Four Fiends in FFIV, when fighting all four simultaneously, and when Golbez is about to defeat your party but Rydia comes to the rescue and you'll get to beat him up. The battle at the top of Exdeath's Castle in the 2nd world in FFV (Die, Exdeath, die!!), and also the final battle against him. The battles against Jenova*Life and the final battle in FFVII. The first battle against Edea at the end of Disc 1 in FFVIII (great music, BTW). The battle against Trance Kuja in FFIX. The invasion against Sin (especially when it goes into Overdrive) in FFX. The battle against fallen Bahamut in FFX-2. The battles against Magus (in Magus' Castle), Queen Zeal (Black Omen) and Lavos (inside the shell) in Chrono Trigger. The battle against Riku/Ansem in Hollow Bastion and the final battles against Ansem in Kingdom Hearts.

Desperado
07-13-2005, 02:53 AM
And I always have to lose to Adel in Lunatic Pandora at least once in each of my FFVIII playthrough if only to point and laugh at Rinoa as I make her suffer for being such an annoying, clingy, spoiled brat.

Goddamn, I hate hate hate Adel. She's so freaking hard, especially at the level I'm at. But they say your level doesn't matter, it's your junction... so my guess she's just a freak.

Most epic? Kefka, and his Tower. That little fanfare before Kefka himself actually descends is fitting.

Kakashi509
07-13-2005, 03:32 AM
Jenova life since he gets 2 really good shots ob you at the start plus the music that goes all babadadaba

MAS82587
07-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Jenova life since he gets 2 really good shots ob you at the start plus the music that goes all babadadaba
i didnt understand a word u said.

Kakashi509
07-14-2005, 01:15 AM
i didnt understand a word u said.
I think I was high when I posted that I think I meant
The hardest boss fight was Jenova life since he gets 2 really good techniques he uses on you, and the music is creepy

Jpae33
07-15-2005, 12:00 AM
THAT LIZARD IN BESAID!!! TOOK ME 10 HOURS!!!

fantasyjunkie
07-17-2005, 08:15 AM
My favorite was the very end of FF7 when Cloud was facing off against Sepiroth and the camera kept capturing each others faces, and the music was very appropriate. You had the sense that they no longer hated each other and they both knew that this was the end for one of them. Kinda like they had accepted their fates for better or for worst. For me, that was epic.

Tai-Ti
07-17-2005, 11:46 AM
i remember there was one in 5 or 6, but i havent played in AGES so i cant remember, but more recently, i can remember that Fighting Dark Bahamut in X-2 was epic for me, because of the music, and how Yuna didnt wanna destroy it, cause twas an aeon and all.

Del Murder
07-17-2005, 07:45 PM
It's not Final Fantasy, but the first one that came to my mind was Miguel in Chrono Cross. Then Apollo from Final Fantasy Legend 2. Yunalesca is also a good one.

boys from the dwarf
07-31-2005, 09:41 PM
the battles that seem the most important is when you defeat a powerful important to the storyline villain.seymour omnis and FF9 garland are good ones.the final encounter with garland when he returns at the end of FF1 is realy cool.the final encounterwith seifer in FF8 is good in FF7 id say the final battle VS the turks in FF6 either the 3 stooges or ultros with chupon(these battles arent important but are just cool.).for FF5 this is almost definetly the most memorable fight of FF when its galuf VS x-death.FF4 is probabbly the final fight with all of the feinds at the same time.i dont have FF3.in FF2 id say the first encounter with the emporor.in FFX-2 there arent many so is say the final leblanc logos and ormi fight(there some of my favourite FFX-2 enimies but only logos and ormi i hate leblanc.).

Ohhh
08-01-2005, 01:07 AM
most ff final battle fights (may be spoilers ahead) are good espeshly against sephiroth and the one-winged angel song, and fighting riku before kairi gets her heart bak in kingdom hearts was pretty damn hard and "epic" fightin shuyin was kinda epic but easy, so was fightin jecht's aeon form, but the most "epic" battle i think was fightin boss at the end of mgs3, when that cheesy james bond spoof theme song comes on... ah the tension

MAS82587
08-01-2005, 03:34 AM
most ff final battle fights (may be spoilers ahead) are good espeshly against sephiroth and the one-winged angel song, and fighting riku before kairi gets her heart bak in kingdom hearts was pretty damn hard and "epic" fightin shuyin was kinda epic but easy, so was fightin jecht's aeon form, but the most "epic" battle i think was fightin boss at the end of mgs3, when that cheesy james bond spoof theme song comes on... ah the tension
lol i loved that music too

Kakashi509
08-01-2005, 03:53 AM
seymour since I always laugh when I look at his face XD

Rengori
08-01-2005, 04:06 AM
This should be in the General Gaming discussion area... You even included a MGS3 Boss as the most epic one in the first post.

Anywho, I think it was the Seraph in Disgaea.

Black Mage
08-02-2005, 08:26 AM
Easily Tellah VS Golbez.

Meteo my friends. Meteo.

Lawr
08-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Miguel in Chrono Cross
Tellah vs Golbez in FF4
Ansem Riku in KH
and Galuf or whoever he was
charging at Ex-Death and dieing
These battle bring tears to my eyes!

Lawr
08-07-2005, 12:57 AM
fighting riku before kairi gets her heart bak in kingdom hearts was pretty damn hard and "epic"

Just equip guard and counterattack