PDA

View Full Version : Transport Tycoon?

ShunNakamura
07-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Well I am sure many of you are familiar with the Tycoon family of games.

However out of all of them that I have played(and I have played a fair amount) the original(as in not the deluxe version) 1994 Transport Tycoon is my favorite.

So does anyone else play transport Tycoon? I could possibly find the download link if anyone is interested, it got archiaved in an "old" game archive and last I checked was available for download.

Oh yes it is so fun picking on and watching the stupid AI :p

Xander
07-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Oh!! Yes I loved this game! (the original one). Just fun making train tracks and bus routes and all that ^_^ I don't have a link..but I think I found it on Kazaa or something. ^^ If I even still have it... you should be able to find it somewhere.

ShunNakamura
07-12-2005, 01:58 AM
Well I can get the link easily, and many other old and unusual games such as Sim Farm, Pizza Tycoon, etc... Pizza tycoon.. that was one odd game.

Anyways I'll go get the link. Can't be hard to re-find since I think I remember the sights name.

Linkage (http://www.abandonia.com/games/44/download/TransportTycoon.htm)

Great game. Many good games there.

Edit-

I couldn't get the game to take a screenie else I would show ya some of my great(read awful) designed train routes. Had something like 20 different trains going to one four track station.. you should see some of the jams I got. No wrecks though.. thank goodness.

Xander
07-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Ohh, sorry I read your post wrong, I thought you wanted a link to it. xD

Thanks for that link though! I actually needed one cos I'm not sure if I have it on this computer anymore. And the other games would be good too.

Edit - Ah, I love this site. Another World! So much to download. ^^

ShunNakamura
07-12-2005, 05:21 PM
:cool: It is a great site lol.

Anyways originally I was just trying to get up a thread to have some funky fun talking about TTO(The original Transport Tycoon) and TTD(Transport Tycoon Deluxe).

Personally I have liked TTO more but not sure why.

Anyways for those of you who have played(get in here ya lazy bums.. I won't take up to much of your tycoon time)-

1)what is your favoriate way to fight the computer?(sabatage, wrecking their vehicles(basically sabatage:P), blocking thier transport lines, or fighting them fairly?)

2)What do you think of the faces you can choose from? The colors?

3)What is your favorite transist?

4)Do you go after all the subsidies you can?

My answeres

1)I sabatage when I am too lazy to beat them out with competition.. particually since the dumb computer gets a bonus to all stations making it more difficult to do so.

2)The faces are limited and pretty ugly I think for the most part. If I remember TTD does a better job in the face category. Color choices are alright, though it doesn't have pink and TTD does so that is a point for TTD. :P

3)Gimme TRAINS! heh I just love trains, and the train I love the most is the Kirbie Paul.. don't know why. Besides trains I use several Planes and a few boats. Rarely do I use many road vehicles, cept for intercity transist or distances so short that a train ain't worth the cost.

4)I go after coal, iron ore, oil and wood subsidies. I don't usually go after passangers till later when I am bored. Also I don't like going after goods and steel due to having to deliver raw materials.