PDA

View Full Version : I think Quistis is one of the best FF characters ever.

Destai
07-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Shes mature but interesting, clever and efficient, independant yet not feminist and shes not a moron either : )
Do you like her?

Winter Nights
07-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Quistis is awesome. Prolly one of the few FF females to be completely interesting and yet not be a love interest.

Xaven
07-11-2005, 10:51 PM
I agree.

Pauten
07-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Dosnt she drop hints to Squall early in the game that she likes him though?

Anyway she rocks!

NotQuiteNecessary
07-11-2005, 11:36 PM
She does but it goes nowhere because Squall is gay.

And yes. Quistis does kick ass.

TurkSlayer
07-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Quistis is incredible, escpecially compared to the rest of the females characters in this game. (I'm not a big fan of Selphie or Rinoa.) Quistis RULES.

Chris
07-11-2005, 11:43 PM
I prefer Selphie, but Quistis is a cool and very put-together woman.

Pauten
07-12-2005, 12:17 AM

Yes I think from the PS1 final fantasy's (VII - XI) Only Zidane behaves straight, but thats another story...

The best thing about Quistis, that whip. :love:

rubah
07-12-2005, 12:19 AM
Quistis is alright. I admire her selflessness in letting me ruin her stats while levelling other people up.

Destai
07-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Finally someone who agrees.

Slade
07-12-2005, 01:18 AM
Quistis is great. Her and Selphie are my favorite charcters from VIII. I love her intro movie scene at the beginning of the game :D

MAS82587
07-12-2005, 01:26 AM
i always thought she was annoying and a worthless character to be honest.

silentenigma
07-12-2005, 01:26 AM
Squall is gay.

.......the first thing i noticed while playing the game was that the realtime model for squall looked like michael jackson at some angles.

but yeah, I think that she was a pretty good character, not the best, but still decent.

ThroneofDravaris
07-12-2005, 03:49 AM
.......the first thing i noticed while playing the game was that the realtime model for squall looked like michael jackson at some angles.

Wow, I always thought that Irvine looked like Michael Jackson…

Anyway, I personally dislike Quistis as a character. She seems to be ditched at the beginning of the game in favour of Rinoa, and doesn’t really play a major part in the game. After playing through the game 4 times, I haven’t used her once. And I believe she was cracking onto Squall a little TOO violently in the beginning.

Meh, probably just me…

boys from the dwarf
07-12-2005, 07:15 AM
quistis was my worse character and i never liked her that much and her personality isnt that good and is annoying.

nik0tine
07-12-2005, 08:03 AM
She's my second least favorite character in this game. Right behind Irvine.

Takara
07-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Quistis is my favourite character, and she is the only reason I do not entirely hate FFVIII. The pink outfit is kind of a turn off, but the whip makes up for it. :love:

Now if only they gave her and the others some character development instead of focusing on Squall and the little disgrace to women... :cry:

GooeyToast
07-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Quistis is my favourite character, and she is the only reason I do not entirely hate FFVIII. The pink outfit is kind of a turn off, but the whip makes up for it. :love:

I thought she wore an orangish colour outfit?

Anyways, Quistis is ok, but she's definetly not my fav.

~Keep it gooey~

Christmas
07-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Speaking of which, do you ppl prefer her to have her glasses on or without it?

The Anarchy Angel
07-12-2005, 11:48 AM
She looks best with glasses, i want her glasses, my glasses

Takara
07-12-2005, 11:49 AM
It looks more pink than orange to me... Maybe it's supposed to be salmon?

tailz
07-12-2005, 01:08 PM
quistis is great one of my faves and i prefar glasses

Devourment
07-12-2005, 02:12 PM
I prefer Selphie, but Quistis is a cool and very put-together woman.

Midnight Rose
07-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Quistis is a good character that SquareSoft created ^^.
I've actually ever looked at her into much detail... but she is exquisite :3
One of Final Fantasy's more intellectual and mature characters indeed.

BG-57
07-12-2005, 04:12 PM
I like everything about her except for her outfit (I have the same problem with Tifa). I think the uniform she wears during the SeeD exam is far more appropriate for a teacher at Balamb Garden.

I do like her look, her glasses, her intelligence, her limits and her weapons. I wished the story focused on her more.

Alexander
07-12-2005, 04:31 PM

Yeah. XD

And Quistis is actually the only character in FFVIII I really like. Her Limit Breaks are the best until Rinoa gets Angel Wing. :<3:

* White Aeris *
07-12-2005, 05:04 PM
sorry but i hated her! i just don't think her personality was very nice! sorry!

crazybayman
07-12-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm pretty sure her outfit is orange.

She's a great character. They certainly could have focused on her in the story a little more.

Abraxas
07-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Quistis is just awesome. She and Selphie are my favorites.

I'm gay, but if I liked a woman, she would have to be like her!
Clever, sensitive, prudent, responsible... and beautiful of course!
(And play cards too! As a magic player, I could have lot of fun with her and have great conversations!)

I always tried to use her, because her limit breaks are variated and powerful.

I like her weapon and outfit too. I like people that like to have style no matter the circumstances...

The only thing... I'd love to see her free hair at least once!

Del Murder
07-16-2005, 06:06 AM
I don't think Quistis had a big enough role to be one of the best ever, but she was pretty good.

TurkSlayer
07-16-2005, 06:10 AM
I wish they had given her a bigger role and ditched Rinoa completely. I'm not a big Rinoa fan.

Winter Nights
07-16-2005, 06:37 AM
I wish they had given her a bigger role and ditched Rinoa completely. I'm not a big Rinoa fan.As much as I would have loved to see a stronger female love interest, Squall kinda needed the Rinoa character to break him out of his shell. The beginning of the game shows right off that Quistis couldn't do it, as her personality matched his in some ways. Squall needed a complete opposite personality to break him.

That said.. Quistis is a much better character than Rinoa and deserved much more character development than what she got.

TurkSlayer
07-16-2005, 06:39 AM
I wish they had given her a bigger role and ditched Rinoa completely. I'm not a big Rinoa fan.As much as I would have loved to see a stronger female love interest, Squall kinda needed the Rinoa character to break him out of his shell. The beginning of the game shows right off that Quistis couldn't do it, as her personality matched his in some ways. Squall needed a complete opposite personality to break him.

That said.. Quistis is a much better character than Rinoa and deserved much more character development than what she got.

Well, I suppose your right. Rinoa just irriated me to no end. But I suppose she was necassery