PDA

View Full Version : How'd you beat Trema? + a few other questions :)

Tensa Zangetsu
07-11-2005, 11:41 PM
How'd you guys beat Trema?

I had Yuna at lv. 99, using eq. Highroad Winds (me thinks) Garmament Grid, Gunner Dressphere, Catnip and Key To success.

Paine lv. 86 using eq. Valiant Lustre w/ Black Knight dressphere, Crystal Bangle (+100% hp) and the accessory that grants +60 magical defence.

Rikku lv. 84 using eq. Valiant Lustre w/ Black Knight dressphere, Crystal Bangle (+100% hp) and the accessory that grants first strike and the ability to cast haste.

Little more into detail.
Unequip -> Equip Key to Success on Yuna so she will be at half HP at the start of the battle vs Weapon, then have her shoot herself (she'll then be at about 200hp) and have Rikku cast haste on her. Then 1 (on occations 2) Trigger Happy volley to finish him off. No prob.

Now onto Trema... this match for me was ALL about luck. I must have had at least 20 tries on him before I was able to land enough trigger happys to kill him. I had Paine (high magical resistance) cast shell and protect granting items on the party while she and Rikku constantly had themselves at 100% hp by the use of X-potions and Elexirs.

Would like to hear your strategies. I feel like I have been "cheating" by using catnip... By the way, do you guys also feel like the Special Dresspheres are just a waste? The right combinations of party dresspheres easily overcomes the SD's.

Since this is my first post on this forum, I'd like to ask a few more questions so as not to have 2-3 topics with my name on them after each other :P

Is it possible to get the 1st and 5th crimson sphere in the 5th chapter? 2nd time going trough the game and at 92%. I realize I wont be able to score the 100 this time, but I really would like to gather all the crimson spheres. I was rather shocked after watching nr. 8 ;o.

Do you guys know how many endings the game has in total? The first time I completed the game I was at 56% and got a real lame ending not answering any questions. I've played all titles since FF7 and all of them from the start leave me with a thirst for more of the incredible story and some answers. Sadly FFX-2 only supplies you with the answers by sidequesting, thus moving away from the story making it at times extremely boring (For about a year my copy of FFX-2 has been dusting down in my bookshelves).

On to the Next question.
How many different parts do I have to dig up in the desert for the machina to be at lv 5-5-5? I've done a 100 digs and I'm starting to get really fed up with this mission. I do NOT want to have to complete this mission the next (and hopefully the last) time I finish the game. Oh and where do I find the repair manuals? I got one from the guy sitting in the left room as you enter Jose temple, but used that one allready. Where are the other ones?

Well thats about that. Got a bit long but better then posting three different topics at once dont you say? :P

Mitch
07-12-2005, 02:59 AM
Easily.

boys from the dwarf
07-12-2005, 07:24 AM
question one:with crimson spheres you usually have to get them in the right chapters but i think you can still get the one in the leblanc cheteu if you dont have it.
question2:just keep on digging!

Markus. D
07-12-2005, 03:27 PM
i drained his mp with gun mage and annialated his mp with samurai.

attacking in timed syc so trema ddnt have a chance of attacking. MUAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! (all done without that stupid catnip accecory)

The Anarchy Angel
07-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Soul Spring, wipes out his Mp in no time

Markus. D
07-13-2005, 06:51 AM
i found paragon harder then trema, trema was just a real fun battle. :)

karatehero
07-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Trema didn't seem hard to me at all. I beat him the first time.

Now I've been through the game several times, and have 3 iron dukes. He isn't even a challenge anymore except for this HP. Taking 1000000 HP off him takes quite a while even when hitting for 9999 every time. I usually just cat nip him even at this point. I hit him up without cat nip for about 15 minutes, and didn't even have him a quarter of the way there (when I fought him that last time, I only had 2 dukes and I had to keep revivng paine).

Tensa Zangetsu
07-14-2005, 03:21 PM
òÓ I never thought draining mp would be worthwhile, guess I'll try that next time ;o

ANYWAYS...

I have now been digging 280 digs... I have:
Attack: Z19 S36 A32
Defence: Z12 S55(!!) A25
Special: Z20 S41 A26

Total digs: 292
Successfull digs: 280
Failed digs: 12

Now... where do I find the repair manuals? I've been digging for 3 days straight, and this is by far the most boring mission of them all, but I need the episode complete. The walktrough supplyed by eyesonff does not say anything about where to find them, and so I'm lead to belive that they should be so easy to find that it's not worth mentioning, but I dont have them and I dont find them, plz help me out here :( First time I beat the machina it had the stats 4-5-5

karatehero
07-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Is it just me, or have you gone way overboard on collecting parts? Thats way more than you need, you just have to get the manuals.

sorry, check a walkthrough for their locations. I don't remember. I know 1 guys gives you one right in the temple, and there is another one in the chocobo dungeon (I think). Thats all I remember.

Tensa Zangetsu
07-14-2005, 05:12 PM
*sigh* Thanks, guess I'll keep looking.
But for the dungeon, the walktrough said send 3 chocobos out to search for items, each a different level. I did and none ran away, yet nothing happened? What do I do?

Directorate Jax
07-26-2005, 02:29 PM
The manuals:

1. From the guy in the room left of the cloister stairway in Djose Temple.
2. From the guy just outside Experiment's room in Djose Temple. Password: MARNELA.
3. From the monkeys by the interview office outside Djose Temple. Press X when all three jump simultaneously.
4. From a machina near the northern Mi'ihen gate (haven't figured out how to get it).
4. From the Ruin Depths Chocobo Stables secret dungeon (have yet to open this dungeon).

As for Experiment parts... Beat him once before his stats are 5-5-5. Repaired it with the first repair manual. Afterward, I did 30 digs (total 45) in the Central Expanse (previously had 15 from the Western and Southern Expanses) and the stats were at 5-5-5. Cat Nip for an easy kill.

mohd syarir
08-12-2005, 07:44 PM
why do bother, my girls level are when defeat trema

yuna=lvl 67 berserker
rikku=lvl 70 warrior
paine=lvl 68 alchemist

first i make sure that he has no mp left, then make him physical attack lower and defend lower, then i stampede him and win.

sephiroth the dark angel
08-29-2005, 08:10 PM
where abouts in the stable

Mo-Nercy
08-30-2005, 05:04 AM
I have now been digging 280 digs... I have:
Attack: Z19 S36 A32
Defence: Z12 S55(!!) A25
Special: Z20 S41 A26

Total digs: 292
Successfull digs: 280
Failed digs: 12

Holy carping saint Moses!

You don't even need to repair him 5 times. You just need to get the machina up to level 5 on all stats (and you've gone over about 6 times worth) and beat it to get Episode Complete.

sephiroth the dark angel
08-31-2005, 09:11 AM
Soul Spring, wipes out his Mp in no time
u mean with no mp he can't attack?

Legendary Caladbolg
09-17-2005, 08:13 PM
He can still attack, it's just that he won't be able to attack with anything like Ultima. He can still use his normal physical attacks.

Cruise Control
09-20-2005, 02:05 AM
I can't win!?! *cries* I have two catnips, 3 of those bracers with Auto-Wall, 3 Ribbons, 3 of anything you can imagine, and almost every GG, can someone concoct an easy strategy without MP absorbing, I am not very good.

karatehero
09-20-2005, 07:38 PM
You got all that? You've played through a couple times? YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Hmmm, I would go with 2 Mascots and 1 gunner. If you don't have Mascots go with Dark Knights. I would setup the DKs so they have as much HP as possible, and as much defence as possible. I would have your gunner enter the fight with a speed bracer or some other speed boosting gizmo and the cat nip. I would make sure to have 99 Phoenix downs and 99 X-potions.

If your gunner is in the yellow (and she should have the first attack) use her multiple shot attack (I forget what its called). You should knock off at least 100,000 HP off Trema right there. Keep doing that as long as you can. If your gunner gets killed, use the dark knights to phoenix down her back. Personally, I wouldn't even attack with the Dark Knights I woudl just leave them there to heal. Use the X-Potions on your Dark Knights when they need the HP boost.

That should be it. I won the first time I tried doing exactly that. I was pretty high in levels (around 80+ or so), but if you have done everything else in the game up untill that point, so shoudl you.

I personally woudn't waste my time with stealing MP. You're gunner is always going to get killed and your dark knights should be OK against anything.

Let me know how it goes.

Cruise Control
09-20-2005, 09:00 PM
You got all that? You've played through a couple times? YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!This is only my second playthrough, I beat Chac, then thought /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif this and beat the game. I just made sure I got kick ass excessories.

Hmmm, I would go with 2 Mascots and 1 gunner. If you don't have Mascots go with Dark Knights. I would setup the DKs so they have as much HP as possible, and as much defence as possible. I would have your gunner enter the fight with a speed bracer or some other speed boosting gizmo and the cat nip. I would make sure to have 99 Phoenix downs and 99 X-potions.Phoenix downs are no problem, but where do I get X-Potions, I only have 14. Would the accesory that gives me auto-wall (shell and protect), and Crystal Bangle (HP +100%) be good?

1. I heard that by equipping then unequipping certain accesories I could put my HP in the yellow, which are they.
2. Should I use one gunner or two?
3. And where do I get my X-Potions?
4. My Berserkers have higher HP, should I go with Berserker or Dark Knight?
5. Higher Power or Valiant Luster (for the dark knights)?

karatehero
09-20-2005, 10:11 PM
1 - Yeah, you can get your guy in yellow before it starts. The one accessory is Wring, and the other is Bloodlust. Equip them both on yoru gunner, then equip your speed bracer and the cat nip. You should be in the yellow. I must have done this a 1000 times.
2 - I would definately use 1 gunner. It will only take like 11 hits (chain of hits) to kill him. 2 gunners would be too hard to keep alive.
3 - I believe the easiest way is to bribe Shahgin (spelling) Princes. Although, when I fought those red dragon guys that jump out at you in the via infinito and I had 3 lady lucks all maxed out, and a Key to Sucess, I would get like 80 per battle. I ended up selling them all.
4 - I would use whichever have the high defence and magic defence. I think that would be Dark Knights.
5 - Personally I would go with Higher Power. I think the break HP limit outweighs the extra defence of Valiant Luster.

Cruise Control
09-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Alright, that rewrites the entire strat I've been trying. What really sucks is when you almost win, have one character left and he nails them w/ pointless.

karatehero
09-21-2005, 01:51 PM
But I don't know what you've been doing if you don't have x-potions. Elixers would do the same, but hi potions won't work. I think thats the key. Your DKs can take a bunch of hits, but they won't hold up without getting lots of HP back.

What level are you at?

Cruise Control
09-21-2005, 08:32 PM
Level 100 for all three. I've been trying to use two gunners, and only 1 berserker with X-Potions (pointlessI only have 14 X-Potions), almost there and he hits her with . I have 1 elixir XDDDD.

karatehero
09-21-2005, 09:21 PM
I personally think you'd have a really hard time with 2 gunners. It would be great for the first round, but then they would both get wiped out. How would you revive them then? I would stick with just one.

You could also go back and try to run into some adamantiose as fully maxed out lady lucks (I was confused earlier, I thought it was elder drakes but they give you mega potions, sorry! :confused: ). Congrats them or bribe them to get x-potions. You can find them at Mt. Gagazet or the Calm lands. You'll have enough x-potions in just a couple battles. (personally I would congrats them).

I think if you do that, you should be fine. For the second time you do this, Iron Dukes make it much easier :rolleyes2 .

Cruise Control
09-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Actually I was using mega phoenixes, but I beat him with the modifications you suggested (even though I wimped out after he used meteor and started absorbing MP), I just made sure to keep them above 5000 HP.

TREMA GOT PWNED!!!!!

karatehero
09-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Ahh, excellent! Congrats!

I think you'll be happy to know that the next time you fight him (with your newly acquired Iron Duke), you will have a much easier time. I think that if you an iron duke there is no reason to use a Cat Nip.

Although, the battle takes forever then. I decided that I could beat him without it and I reset it and went with the cat nip. 1,000,000 HP is a lot of stuff when you can only hit for 9999. ;)

Well, good job again! Glad I could help.

Strawberry_Mew
09-26-2005, 08:57 PM
I can't even get to Trema >< All the boss's where to hard after floor 40 XP

sephiroth the dark angel
10-02-2005, 04:22 PM
use table turner it takes the elementals hp really quickly you should also try using soul swipe to take his mp and make sure you cast reflect on urself.

karatehero
10-03-2005, 02:03 PM

Who did you get stuck on?

Strawberry_Mew
10-03-2005, 09:16 PM

Who did you get stuck on?

Well the boss after that snail fiend XP I can't remember its name

Omi4000
10-04-2005, 11:46 AM
:confused: Where do you fight trema ive only been in the crimson cave and fought rikku,paine,nooj,gippaland baralie then shuyin talks and then you leave p.s crimson squad are evil.!! :cry: