PDA

View Full Version : how the heck do u kill dark aeons???!!!!

Dr.M
07-12-2005, 07:44 AM
After i got the airship and was doing the victory dance after killing yunalescar and started to fly around spira looking 4 jecht spheres and on my way i was DISTROYED BY VALAFOR,IFRIT,IXION,SHIVER,M SIS AND ALL THE OTHER AEONS. HOW THE HECK DO U KILL THE DARK AEONS??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2: :confused: :mad2:

boys from the dwarf
07-12-2005, 08:01 AM
level up like youve never leveled up before because valefor has 800000hp ifrit has 2200000hpixion has 1400000hp and you have to fight him twice.shiva has 2000000hp
bahamut has 4000000hp yojimbo has about a million health and you have to fight him about 25 times anima has 8000000hp magus sisters have 2000000-3500000hp.
and when there all dead you unlock a lovely boss with 12000000hp enjoy!
if you dont want to level up they can all be deafeted by yojimbo.

redxiiii
07-12-2005, 08:04 AM
It`d be a good idea to get the celestial weapons aswell!!

Dr.M
07-12-2005, 08:07 AM
It`d be a good idea to get the celestial weapons aswell!!

u mean the lengenary wepons right?

Dr.M
07-12-2005, 08:09 AM
level up like youve never leveled up before because valefor has 800000hp ifrit has 2200000hpixion has 1400000hp and you have to fight him twice.shiva has 2000000hp
bahamut has 4000000hp yojimbo has about a million health and you have to fight him about 25 times anima has 8000000hp magus sisters have 2000000-3500000hp.
and when there all dead you unlock a lovely boss with 12000000hp enjoy!
if you dont want to level up they can all be deafeted by yojimbo.

wheres bahumut,yojimbo,anima the evil boss?

(sor,im no good at double posting with quotes.

Blitz Ace
07-12-2005, 08:40 AM
dark bahamut (4 million hp) is back where u fought yunalesca, so hopefully you got the sun crest for tidus's celestial weapons before you left the room, or you'll have to wait until you can beat dark bahamut.

dark anima (8 million hp) is at mount gagazet. you have to do that challenge where you throw wakka's ball and hit the target again, and he will appear near the save near the snowy part of the mountain.

dark yojimbo is back in the cavern of the stolen fayth. go to the very end room, and then as you attempt to come back, he will appear. he has 1.8 million health, but you actually have to fight him 5 times before he is killed in different places throughout the cave.

you will find that the first few dark aeons are not to hard once you have levelled a bit, but you will definately need some high stats to beat dark bahamut and anima and the magus sisters... i just beat dark anima today!!! was a #$^&^% long fight but i finally did it, and now im on to penance!

Dr.M
07-12-2005, 08:52 AM
but they kill me in a single go, i don't get a chance! and well down about killing dark anima Blitz ace! (wat dose PM mean?)

Quare
07-12-2005, 09:45 AM
You gotta have a cool armour with auto phoenix auto haste Break HP limit and finaly RIBBON ! all the materials for this things are from catching monsters ;] oh u can Bribe Machea in Omega Ruins for Chocobo Feathers (60) -->Auto haste ..Wraith in Omega Ruins for 60 Mega phoenix's-->Auto phoenix and killing Shinryu for Wings to Discovery -->Break HP limit. Dark Matter for ribbon (99 of them) are gathered from any special monster on Monster arena ;](every 10-15 kills 1 Dark matter-2 if OVERKILLED) so all is about hunting Monsters :D have lots of fun and dont be nervous b'cuz thats almost as PISSING OF as blitzball :D. Oh yeah Carry celestial weapons and... Use Wakka :D 13 or so x 99999 thats his Overdrive so better use him. Yuna is good for kicking aeons butts too ;p.

Tai-Ti
07-12-2005, 12:32 PM
i no an easy way of leveling up, wen i did it, i got 18 levels in like, a 5 min battle that i didnt even have to finish, was ace :D But, with that asside, i still cant beat the dark aeons ether, im planing to use yojimbo, to see if i can flunk it out.

boys from the dwarf
07-12-2005, 07:54 PM
i use yojimbo because it would take me ages to level up.so far i beat magus sisters bahamut ,ixion,ifrit,valefor,shiva,anima and now i just have to beat yojimbo to get to penance but i probbably wont bother.

Quare
07-12-2005, 08:28 PM
WHA ?! in 5 min 18 levels ? in 1 min battle with Cactuar-->99 levels ;p EASY ;] no problem beating dark aeons with no yojimbo, just go thru the whole sphere grid (3 hours of playing) and except penance you will kill all dark aeons. To kill penance just switch +2 agility strenght etc. with +4 agility strenght etc. spheres :D

Old Manus
07-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Just shoe bomb them.

Quare
07-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Ya know... i never tried that... thanks :D

Blitz Ace
07-13-2005, 12:28 PM
but they kill me in a single go, i don't get a chance! and well down about killing dark anima Blitz ace! (wat dose PM mean?)

PM = private message

this is what i did in order to beat the dark aeons...

0. THE MOST IMPORTANT PIECE OF INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED, which im sure you can all figure out yourselves anyway, is that whenever a dark aeon has a full overdrive gauge, you MUST summon an aeon to take the hit for you, because it will most likely kill your whole party (you might be able to survive an overdrive by the first few dark aeons, but not when you get to the last few dark aeons).

ne way this is what i did

1. used zanmoto on dark valefor (i didn't know what to do, and i really wanted to get back into besaid).

2. got the celestial weapons for the characters that i could (in order: Auron's, then yuna's, then lulu's, then kimahri's, then rikku's, then wakka's). i couldn't get tidus's celestial weapon until after i beat dark bahamut, so in the mean time i made him a similar weapon using items.

3. got AP weapons for my three best characters from one-eye or ultima buster at the monster arena (an AP weapon has triple overdrive, triple AP, overdrive -> AP).

4. battled Don Tonberry to get quick sphere levels (using the AP weapons).

5. after levelling a bit, i found that it was quite easy to beat dark ifrit, shiva and ixion. They have the weakest defences and i was able to kill them using wakka's attack reels (it never misses... i killed dark shiva using a single attack reels).

6. levelled a bit more and equipped armor that i had won from previous dark aeon battles (some of them had ribbon)

7. battled dark yojimbo, and then battled him again, and again, and again, and again... that 5 battles took ages cos u can't stop in between and come back later... again i used a combination of attack reel and used aim (alot) in order to hit him with physical attacks. remember, when he is about to do zanmoto, summon an aeon.

8. killed the dark magus sisters (amazingly) one by one using the same technique... yes you can fight them 1 by 1, and it is alot easier that way (they can never use delta attack if they are not together). you will have to run like hell in order to do so though. as you run through mushroom rock road, cindy will stop chasing you about half way along the path, and sandy (i think) will stop when you reach the elevator. tehn just work your way backwards killing them one by one.

9. levelled more, and beat dark bahamut. his impulse attack does petrify shatter, so it is necessary to have stoneproof or possibly ribbon. his impulse attack (which is a counter attack to every fifth attack on him) also does ALL the breaks on your party, making them weak and defenceless. mega flare will no doubt kill your party, so it is important to summon an aeon before this, and possibly before impulse if you want to avoid the breaks (keep a tally of the physical attacks you do on him, so you know when he will do it - after every 5th attack).

10. beat dark anima. did not use attack reels, because it didnt do very much damage. used aim many times and then hit him with physical attack, and summoned aeons to avoid oblivion. this was a very hard battle, and i had to sacrifice ALL of my aeons to avoid oblivion. hit pain attack will cause instant death to a character (regardless of deathproof or ribbon) and his mega gravition will take off about half your max health.

there we are, a short explanation of how i beat the dark aeons... believe me, there is a lot more to it than that, but it is definately possible and quite satisfying as well (still gotta beat penance though).

hope that helps... :D :D

Blue_Mage
07-13-2005, 02:54 PM
HUH? Is that in International? Becuase I have the strategy guide & it says nothing fighting dark Aeons escept in Sin.

liamo
07-13-2005, 02:59 PM
hit them and hope they fall down

matt89
07-13-2005, 05:50 PM
i Used yimbojimbos attack killed them in one hit. However it cost pure cash, alot!!!

Barney
07-13-2005, 06:14 PM
HUH? Is that in International? Becuase I have the strategy guide & it says nothing fighting dark Aeons escept in Sin.

Yeah it is.

boys from the dwarf
07-14-2005, 07:00 AM
the ones you fight as last bosses are possesed aeons not dark aeons.but they look like dark aeons.

Quare
07-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Lets face the truth.. to kill those suckers (except D.Valefor D.Ifrit D.Shiva and D. Ixion wich are faerly EASY !) you GOTTA have 255 strenght 255 acuracy and 255 agility.. plus Auto life plus good armour :D end. But i didnt beat Penence with ALL stats at 255 and little over 30000 hp..Used Zanmato.. 135 hours of this game non stop makes me sick, and i had enough ;]

Ravenmorghane
07-14-2005, 10:41 AM
OMG there are people who have actually killed this thing?
See I stuck to the brute strength tactic as usual (spend hours fighting in the calm lands cus it really does help) and the big monster at the end was a doddle. But the dark aeons? I didnt stand a chance.
Do I really have to use yojimbo? he costs money!

liamo
07-14-2005, 02:34 PM
you don't have to use him but his zanmato attack if you get it will shorten the fight a lot

Fate Fatale
07-14-2005, 09:01 PM
lol, I'm glad that in the american verion they don't have dark aeons. ^_^ yay for me. that would suck!

syun_ukiya
07-15-2005, 03:06 AM
does auto-phoenix help? i'm trying to make an armor that will really help me defeat this dark aeons. the abilities i have in mind are auto-phoenix, auto-shell and break hp-limit.. now for the last slot..

which is best, auto-phoenix, auto-regen or auto-med..

also which is the best character to put it. i know tidus will have one set. so i'm guessing i need to make 2 more.. i just can't decide who to give it!

i need a best 3!

tidus/wakka/yuna good or tidus/wakka/auron or tidus/auron/wakka (since yuna will use aeons if a dark aeon overdrives)

Blitz Ace
07-15-2005, 04:16 AM
auto-phoenix will help in some of the battles, but remember you will only get back a maximum of 9999 health... sometimes it is better to do full life to restore full health. however, i suggest putting it on one of your 3 characters.

i say scrap auto-shell... you dont really need it... in fact, auto protect is probably better because i found that the dark aeons do quite alot of physical attacks.

you will DEFINATELY need auto- haste on at least two of your characters, because otherwise the dark aeons will get to many turns in, and you will get pulverised.

lastly, if you can get ribbon, it is definately worthwhile, but you dont need it for the first few dark aeon battles

(btw, you will probably win some pretty cool armor in the first few battles against dark aeons, so if you find the battle easy, and you dont get any cool armor, i suggest reseting until you get an armor with ribbon as you will definately need it against dark bahamut, anima, yojimbo and magus sisters).

i used tidus/wakka/a weaker character (still with ribbon) for most of the battles, and brought yuna in to summon when their was an overdrive. the purpose of the weak character is to get fast overdrives when they get hit (so you can use attack reels over and over again).

syun_ukiya
07-15-2005, 04:22 AM
i removed auto-haste because i can cast hastega instead.. (is this better?)

ok so i will replace auto-shell with another ability. is auto-regen good? i've always like regen since ffvii.

so i think i'll be replacing auron to wakka.. i like auron better than wakka's but since he has attack reels maybe i'll go for wakka then.

Blitz Ace
07-15-2005, 09:12 AM
i removed auto-haste because i can cast hastega instead.. (is this better?)

ok so i will replace auto-shell with another ability. is auto-regen good? i've always like regen since ffvii.

so i think i'll be replacing auron to wakka.. i like auron better than wakka's but since he has attack reels maybe i'll go for wakka then.

you could use hastega, but everytime someone dies (this will happen quite a bit probably), you have to cast haste on that person again... i did this for the first few, and it got heaps annoying... with auto-haste, you will be in haste when you are revived... and you wont waste a go where you could be healing or attacking.

auto-regen is not really gonna help against the dark aeons because it will only restore a very small part of your health per go. i would go with auto-protect, simply because it HALVES all physical attacks...

maybe leave a slot open for the time being in case you come across a problem (like dark yojimbo doing petrify shatter on your party so you have to put stoneproof or ribbon on your armor).

i stand by what i said before, you will DEFINATELY NEED RIBBON for the last few dark aeon battles, but just take it one battle at a time...

and ne way, the armor you make now will probably be replaced by armor that has ribbon which you win from the first few dark aeon battles.

yeh, wakka is a must i found cos his attack reels rocks

Dreddz
07-15-2005, 12:46 PM
lvl like a bitch, get the Ultimate weopons, the dark aeons are Piss compared to Penance, Took me ages to beat him

KuroYuna
07-15-2005, 09:41 PM
I didn't do anything. I just beat them. O.o. It only took me 1 attack for each aeon.

Tai-Ti
07-17-2005, 11:19 AM
for those here sayin dark aeons r easy, and took you very little time, ur MUCH more dedicated than me, im just not paitent enuff! Blast my infernal low tolerance!!!

Old Manus
07-17-2005, 06:37 PM
But first, the best strategy ever.

I can tell you what to do. Skip to your loo. NO NO....No....I got it.... Drop the Bombshell...No thats wrong again. have you tried the "Fake him out method?"

Its where you have him attacking you but then you hit X, and you say "Look at this its a poodle"
The boss like a fool, looks....then, you strike, you take out your rotting coconut and hurl it at his inner thigh, REMEMBER INNER THIGH, not outer, that would be a crucial mistake.

Hope this helps.

yuffielover
07-18-2005, 01:59 AM
I successfully defeated the Dark Aeons and Penance with under 100 stats! How did I do that? Well, First strike Weapon for Auron, then switch in for Yuna, which summoned Yojimbo, and got Zanmato each and every time!

syun_ukiya
07-18-2005, 02:44 AM
i've been thinking.. do i really need break hp limit? i mean dark aeons always give you 99999 damage..

which is better

[auto-haste]
[auto-phoenix]
[auto-protect]
[break hp limit]

or

[auto-haste]
[auto-phoenix]
[auto-protect]
[ribbon]

Khaotic
07-18-2005, 05:15 AM
Auto protect isn't really needed, get ribbon instead, Break hp limit IS needed, without that you basically die, faster then you would with 30,000ish HP, even though that still can consider a one-hit-KO, but still the extra HP is always good.

But like you said, They always do 99,999, so maybe its not really needed, however, I'd rather have 20,000++ hp then protect automatically casted on me, when I can just do that myself in one turn.

syun_ukiya
07-18-2005, 09:55 AM
i've read this in neoseeker.. don't you think it makes sense?

Break HP Limit = Unnecessary (includes best armor combo)
rating: ---
BHPL is often a favorite ability for many FFX players and it's somewhat a pleasure to exceed this amount than the traditional maximum of 9,999 in the FF series. However...you will easily find that it's an ineffectual ability. It is also a waste of time when obtaining Wings to Discovery...9,999 is all the HP you need.

There is no attack in FFX that can deal over 9,999 to ALL your party members that cannot be predicted or defended against. If so, an easy Auto-life can solve this.

BHPL also have shifty effects on your Celestial Weapons. Weapons like the Caladbolg and World Champion exhibit their full potential when your health is full, and maintaining 99,999hp through those tough Arena battles is tedious and wastes precious turns.

There is no item that can restore over 9,999hp...so it's best to keep your HP capped at that amount to save space on your armor and on your sphere grid.

=================================================

This armor combination works more wonders than BHPL:

[Auto-Phoenix]
[Auto-Haste]
[Auto-Protect]
[Auto-Potion] (sell all Potions and Hi-Potions)

OPTIONAL

[Defense +20%] (against Dark Aeons and Penance)
[Auto-Shell] (against Nemesis)

With this mechanic, any fallen character will immediately revived; and when a character takes damage, it will be reduced by the auto-protect/shell effects; and when a character gets into the SOS status, he or she will automatically use an X-Potion to fully restore health.

That is the armor to have, and the effects like Haste, Protect, and Shell...they save time and cannot be dispelled, even after a KO. It saves the time to cast Hastega and Protect/Shell on the entire party too (if you notice, when casted, Hastega will cut back a few of your turns on the CTB. Auto-Haste solves this problem, and it will save your arse in many fights, including the Dark Aeons).

================================================

So basically...forget BHPL and use the above armor abilities for easy battles, unless you like big numbers.

BTW...against Nemesis, his Armageddon will shoot for 99,999 against everyone, so BHPL won't help you there. This also applies to other attacks like Dark Anima's Pain or Dark Bahamut's Impulse.

Blitz Ace
07-19-2005, 06:40 AM
Even with auto-protect and defence at 255, penance still does 12000 damage to my party with obliteration, and there is no way to predict that...

how can you make him do less than 9999 damage??? maybe ill just stick to using break HP Limit.

Shalashaska
07-19-2005, 08:38 AM
Even with auto-protect and defence at 255, penance still does 12000 damage to my party with obliteration, and there is no way to predict that...

how can you make him do less than 9999 damage??? maybe ill just stick to using break HP Limit.

Use Cheer x5. And no, you do not need BHPL for ANY boss in the game, Dark Aeons and Penance included. It can actually be a liability in some battles.

syun_ukiya
07-20-2005, 10:17 AM
so i am right then? i should replace bhpl to some other abilities..

i'm also thinking about giving it only to yuna since if he stays alive she can heal the rest of the party..

Udon
07-25-2005, 06:05 AM
Why! I've been resetting and fighting dark aeons and they won't drop an armor with ribbon for one of my 3 best characters (tidus, yuna, wakka)! so i've been thinking.. can stoneproof be an alternative for ribbon? i know i'd be getting one by capturing monsters.. but what about the other two.. I think I should only be afraid of petrification, right? The instant death can be countered by auto-phoenix. And so does sleep proof..

Xalibar
07-26-2005, 01:04 AM
Does anyone have a picture of what penance looks like?

syun_ukiya
07-26-2005, 02:59 AM
I can't hit yojimbo with 230+ accuracy! Damn looks like I'm gonna use 255 accuracy with lots of aim.. Can sombody explain aim? is it for one turn only and you have to re-cast it again?

What is the max damage of blitz ace and attack reels at 255 str? at my current str (180++) blitz ace hits for 3k-4k against yojimbo and 70K with a blitzball. my attack reels does 30-40k dmg.

Will this improve when i increase it to 255? It seems that the single dmg (if it hits) is much stronger than overdrives (99999, except for a perfect attack reel).

EDIT: I've been thinking of a few strategies.. tell me if they're wrong..

use auto-med.. i think if it automatically cures you from status effect everything will be fine.. auto-med will replace auto-phoenix since i can't find them useful fighting dark bahamut, yojimbo etc. i just don't know if it cures multiple ailments in one turn.. eg. when your cursed and it already used remedy..

use auto-potion.. only x-potion in your inventory. so tidus heals himself back to 9999 for max dmg for celestial..

yuna not in your party.. i find it hard to make yuna use summon before the dark aeons perform their overdrives.. i dunno if yuna's agi is maxed.

rikku's flash flood.. its a multiple dmg attack right? is it possible to have 99999 on one attack? if it does.. it will look like attack reels!

Shalashaska
07-26-2005, 06:49 PM
I can't hit yojimbo with 230+ accuracy! Damn looks like I'm gonna use 255 accuracy with lots of aim.. Can sombody explain aim? is it for one turn only and you have to re-cast it again?
This is due to Dark Yojimbo having such a high Luck stat (114). Even with 255 Accuracy you will still miss quite often unless you raise your own Luck stat. Aim increases your Accuracy (even above 255) and can help with landing attacks. It stacks 5 times and lasts the entire battle or until that character dies (not positive on whether it can be removed through things like Dispel).

What is the max damage of blitz ace and attack reels at 255 str? at my current str (180++) blitz ace hits for 3k-4k against yojimbo and 70K with a blitzball. my attack reels does 30-40k dmg.
The max damage, like any of your parties attacks, is 99,999dmg although your overdrives will not reach that, even at 255 strength, against the later Dark Aeons due to their stats. [/QUOTE]

use auto-med.. i think if it automatically cures you from status effect everything will be fine.. auto-med will replace auto-phoenix since i can't find them useful fighting dark bahamut, yojimbo etc. i just don't know if it cures multiple ailments in one turn.. eg. when your cursed and it already used remedy..
Auto-Phoenix is much more useful, stick with that. There are only a few cases where Auto-Med would be useful but Ribbon or Stoneproof along with Auto-Phoenix is a much better choice.

use auto-potion.. only x-potion in your inventory. so tidus heals himself back to 9999 for max dmg for celestial..
Assuming that you do not have BHPL this can be helpful as well as save you a lot of time, especially against Penance.

yuna not in your party.. i find it hard to make yuna use summon before the dark aeons perform their overdrives.. i dunno if yuna's agi is maxed.
This should go without saying, always have Yuna ready to swap in and summon the instant you need her. The best party for fighting the Dark Aeons/Penance (and IMO all around) is Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku due to their overdrives.

rikku's flash flood.. its a multiple dmg attack right? is it possible to have 99999 on one attack? if it does.. it will look like attack reels!
You will never see that much damage against Dark Aeons because of their high M. Defense and most of them either absorb all elemental attacks are or immune to them.

EL337
07-27-2005, 04:01 AM
how much do you pay yojimbo for zanmato? i always only pay him 1001gil and hope for the best, i get zanmato most of the time....

syun_ukiya
07-27-2005, 05:05 AM
i never use rikku.. what mix do you recommend against dark aeons?

so aim can be casted maximum of 5 times only? i don't think i can depend on attack much since it waste lots of my turn. i can only attack dark yojimbo using overdrives! Can doublecast ultima be an alternative? if i increase my magic to 255 will it land 99999 dmg to dark yoijimbo (he doesn't absorb ultima, right?)

so far i defeated him without using BHPL.. and i don't intend to have 255 def.. I think it will lower my chances of having a full overdrive after enemy attack (stoic) and so does BHPL. Correct this if I'm wrong.

I'm just need to fight him many times (without permanently killing him) so I can get my ribbon armor for my characters.

Hambone
08-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Why does everyone here except me have the international version!? This SUCKS!

syun_ukiya
08-05-2005, 02:48 AM
look at the bright side.. you never have to worry like me..

bahamut293
08-05-2005, 02:01 PM
You can kill dark aons whit jojimbo?? :confused: How do you do that? I mean he has no overdrives. :(

Shadowdeathrose
08-05-2005, 02:14 PM
i take off 99999 and i found it quite easy what about u lot?

you can pay 1gil and you get yojimbo to do zanmoto nearly every time?

Do not double post. ~ Leeza

syun_ukiya
08-08-2005, 03:00 AM
I don't like to zanmato every dark aeon. even if I can perform zanmato everytime, I still won't do it! xD

Shadowdeathrose
08-10-2005, 11:52 AM
yes! in the

ffx test im auron .......... and .............. in the ff Vlll test im squal (my 2 fav charcters in those 2 games anyone got a ff lX test for me)

oh back to the tread ( dark aeons were sort of differcult the first time through but there really easy the next 19 times through the game)

Dr.M
10-29-2009, 01:25 AM
Wow I started this YEARS ago haha. Well guess what I started playing Ffx again and I'm stuck on the dark aeons again. Well thanks everyone for your help! I was just wondering if it's possible to get the jecht sphere in besaid before dark valefor shows up?

Rantz
10-29-2009, 02:41 AM
Hi Dr.M! This thread ended years ago as well. You can start a new thread with your question if you wish, but in general we don't revive old threads here. :)