PDA

View Full Version : Pince of Persia

Midnight Rose
07-12-2005, 02:00 PM
I just love the Prince of Persia games so much...
I've played Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Warrior Within...
These two games have me addicted :3
I adore the storylines and the graphics... the battling is always fun... and I think it's just awesome really...

What are your thoughts on PoP? ^__^

Ooo and isn't PoP 3 coming out soon... can't wait XD.

CaCoLuKiAh.

Markus. D
07-12-2005, 02:39 PM
i liked devil may cry 3 better... thats just me though.

prince of persia was fun. :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-12-2005, 05:54 PM
I never liked the original. The rotoscoping was visually impressive but made the controls way too inaccurate.

Sands of Time is one of the best games ever, though.

Lindy
07-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Sands of Time was great, but lacked replay, unless your idea of replay is to finish a game and then leave it for about a year and come back to play it.

Warrior Within however, was one of the worst games I have ever played, with an annoying and unfair battle system and general butchering of the Prince's style.

Heck, you were better off just kicking your foes off cliffs than actually trying to cut them up.

Also, it had the immensely annoying addition of going BACK through areas. One of the best things in Sands of Time was to get through an annoying area, look back at your accomplishments and say "Wow, I'm glad to be through that and never have to go through it again". Warrior Within had you going through the same areas over and over and over and over.

Hated it.

crashNUMBERS
07-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah. T'is game is great!! I heard PoP2 sucked. Im looking forward to Pop3 though. Looks like a decent mix between the first 2...

Midnight Rose
07-13-2005, 10:16 AM
PoP3 is when he's like half good and half evil right? o.o
That does look good :3
I wonder how many there will be...

Big D
07-13-2005, 12:12 PM
I never liked the original. The rotoscoping was visually impressive but made the controls way too inaccurate.The ORIGINAL was that masterpiece on all the old systems.

Prince of Persia on the Master System and Sega-CD (the only versions I've played) is still a beautiful piece of non-scrolling 2D platforming. Good controls, clever puzzles, excellent fights.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2005, 12:44 PM
I never liked the original. The rotoscoping was visually impressive but made the controls way too inaccurate.The ORIGINAL was that masterpiece on all the old systems.Apparently you did not read my post, or you don't know what rotoscoping is, or something.

Big D
07-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Are normal people supposed to know what rotoscoping is?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Fifth paragraph down (http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3133658).

XxSephirothxX
07-13-2005, 04:16 PM
I grew up playing that game, and I loved it. I went back and played the NES version on my Dreamcast last month and noticed those horrendous controls, but it was still pretty fun. I've sadly not gotten to play either of the new titles. Prince of Persia will forever remain a classic, though.

By the way, who's seen the Genesis version of that game? They changed all the colors and tried to pretty it up but it looks hideous. >_<

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2005, 04:35 PM
There's a good comparison of some of the versions of the game here (http://www.classicgaming.com/reviews/princeofpersia/princeofpersia.htm). (Scroll down to "Screenshot Comparisons.")

crashNUMBERS
07-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Yeah I've heard of they made a lot of re-makes for other systems...

kikimm
07-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Hmm...I just started Sands of Time this morning. From what I've seen, I like. I highly doubt I'll be playing the older ones though...are they even worth it? Hmm.

:D

Aphelion
07-13-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm not very fond of Prince of Persia. It's a very interesting game, but it's only for hardcore gamers...And I'm not one of those. Seriously.

I own The Sands of Time, and you have to think too much...and I don't like it. Come on: I don't have much free time, and I still have to think in which position each mirror has to be at just to move on and, 10 minutes later, find one more terrible puzzle? I don't have the patience to do it...

Big D
07-13-2005, 10:28 PM
I grew up playing that game, and I loved it. I went back and played the NES version on my Dreamcast last month and noticed those horrendous controls, but it was still pretty fun. I've sadly not gotten to play either of the new titles. Prince of Persia will forever remain a classic, though.

By the way, who's seen the Genesis version of that game? They changed all the colors and tried to pretty it up but it looks hideous. >_<Yeah, I still regard the Master System version as visually superior. The Sega-CD one has good music and mildly interesting FMVs, but abominably cartoony voice-acting.

The only 'problem' with the controls, I think, is that you need to plan your moves slightly in advance - just like in real life.