PDA

View Full Version : Challenge?

ScottNUMBERS
07-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Can anyone recommend any challenges for FFV?? I want one that is challenging yet fun. any ideas? :confused:

boys from the dwarf
07-12-2005, 07:36 PM
beat x-death withh an all white mage party or an all something party.and beat omega without using any lighning based attacks and beat omega or shinryu with an all a certain job class party without using there weaknesses and then beat every boss on the game with only one character.(or just the hard ones.)

Ultima Shadow
07-12-2005, 10:06 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=57684 ;)

Shin Gouken
07-13-2005, 10:18 AM
beat x-death withh an all white mage party or an all something party.and beat omega without using any lighning based attacks and beat omega or shinryu with an all a certain job class party without using there weaknesses and then beat every boss on the game with only one character.(or just the hard ones.)

i accept your challenge. watch this space

ScottNUMBERS
07-13-2005, 08:49 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=57684 ;)

I am currently trying your challenge, very fun indeed, thanx alot ;)

Ultima Shadow
07-13-2005, 09:42 PM
That's nice to hear. :) If you ever have any questions about the challange, just ask me. ;)

Shin Gouken
07-14-2005, 09:08 AM
i couldnt be arsed to start a new game so i just tried the omega one. defeat him without bolt magics you say?

omega has felt the wrath of shinangel! and i was only on level 50

heres what i did

i equiped bartz with the strato and x-fight and 2-handed abilities. my other three characters i equiped with time magic, white magic, and hide. they all wore winged shoes so that gave me first attack. i made my first three characters hide and made bartz use x-fight (this averaged about 3000HP but reached 6000HP on those regular criticals which popped up.) Omega countered and killed my character. i waited for omega to attack again befor bringing out one of my hidden characters (so they attacked first seeing as he had just executed his) they used time magic "quick", then used "arise" on bartz, then went back into hiding. bartz took a hit from a beam cannon but still had half his HP. he used x-fight again and this time when omega countered, he missed twice and left bartz confused. i waited until he was dead before doing as i did before to arise him. i kept the pattern for a fair few turns until omega finally bit dust

Ultima Shadow
07-14-2005, 05:32 PM
Seriously... I wouldn't even consider beating Omega without bolt magic a challange. The first time I defeated Omega, I actually did it without Bolt magic. It's not that much harder, really.

Beating Omega without equippment and and extra abilities equipped is a whole lot tougher. :cool:

Shin Gouken
07-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Seriously... I wouldn't even consider beating Omega without bolt magic a challange. The first time I defeated Omega, I actually did it without Bolt magic. It's not that much harder, really.

Beating Omega without equippment and and extra abilities equipped is a whole lot tougher. :cool:

what level were you when you defeated him without bolt magic? it can be tough if the battle drags out because omega has that annoying encircle attack, requiring you to use return and start over. using bolt magic, i can kill omega in a single shot so i guess thats the easy way. now ive done it the regular way i should try without equipment, but without abilities too? that would mean you cant formulate even a simple strategy in the battle.im sure its possible, but i dont want to level up 150 levels to try ir :S

Ultima Shadow
07-14-2005, 10:02 PM
what level were you when you defeated him without bolt magic? it can be tough if the battle drags out because omega has that annoying encircle attack, requiring you to use return and start over. using bolt magic, i can kill omega in a single shot so i guess thats the easy way. now ive done it the regular way i should try without equipment, but without abilities too? that would mean you cant formulate even a simple strategy in the battle.im sure its possible, but i dont want to level up 150 levels to try ir :S
I was at about level 54 or something like that... if I remember correctly.

And I meant no extra abilities. You know... those extra abilities that you equipp on the menu. If you want to use Black Magic, you'll have to use a Black Mage or Red mage since those are the only job-classes that permanently have Black Magic. You can't have a Knight or Bare Class with the Black Magic command since that mean you'll have to equip the Black Magic command. Also, you can't use Sword Magic since you fight without equipment. I defeated Omega this way with a level 60 party.

boys from the dwarf
07-15-2005, 08:27 AM
that omega challenge wasnt my only one i wrote down and you only did 1/2 of it i said an all a certain job class party not using bolt magic(and try to make the job class you choose a difficult one.)and also i said see if you can beat every boss on the game with only one living character.

Shin Gouken
07-15-2005, 11:05 AM
that omega challenge wasnt my only one i wrote down and you only did 1/2 of it i said an all a certain job class party not using bolt magic(and try to make the job class you choose a difficult one.)and also i said see if you can beat every boss on the game with only one living character.

i thought they were 2 seperate challenges, the omega ones. i just bought final fantasy 7 last week so i cant be arsed to start a new game on ff5. as for making them all a difficult job class's, i was on level 50 when i beat him without bolt and couldnt be arsed to level up another 50 levels. but i probabley will attempt beating every boss with only one character alive. (i can already do all the cleft dimension bosses that way excluding omega) the bosses in world 1 will be the hardest i imagine. i'll actually enjoy that one i think when i get around to it

i have a dozen saved games at different points through the game and have one just outside of x-death (so i can try out strategies and challenges and such) for the x-death challenge, i will try beating him with allwhite mages/ all black mages and maybe something tougher too. but just to be sure, am i aloud to equip second abilities?

Shin Gouken
07-15-2005, 11:10 AM
I was at about level 54 or something like that... if I remember correctly.

And I meant no extra abilities. You know... those extra abilities that you equipp on the menu. If you want to use Black Magic, you'll have to use a Black Mage or Red mage since those are the only job-classes that permanently have Black Magic. You can't have a Knight or Bare Class with the Black Magic command since that mean you'll have to equip the Black Magic command. Also, you can't use Sword Magic since you fight without equipment. I defeated Omega this way with a level 60 party.

is there anything you havnt done on ffv :P im halfway through a challenge where i aim to get to omega and shinryu well under level 30. i want to beat them at least on level 25. i personally dont think it will be hard at all but i just want to piss on the guides that recomend you be over level 70 and the guides that recomend you be over level 90. i mean, who the hell wrote those guides :S

Zeto
07-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Here's a fun challenge
Pick a Job any Job except berserker(Don't think its possible to do this with them)
Go through the game as whatever job you want until you get said job.
When you do make everyone said job Immediately
Go through the game only using that job and its abilities
Try it its really hard as White and Black Mage(trust me it took me 60+ attempts to get my greedy mage hands on Flare and Holy)

Shin Gouken
07-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Here's a fun challenge
Pick a Job any Job except berserker(Don't think its possible to do this with them)
Go through the game as whatever job you want until you get said job.
When you do make everyone said job Immediately
Go through the game only using that job and its abilities
Try it its really hard as White and Black Mage(trust me it took me 60+ attempts to get my greedy mage hands on Flare and Holy)

out of interst, how did you manage it? having a team of mages try to defeat a boss that not just requires physical attacks to beat but nullifys your magic so you cant heal, haste or shell your party.

somebody has completed ffv with a team of beserkers. omega, shinryu and neo x-deth all fell to his mighty wrath

Zeto
07-31-2005, 02:05 AM
out of interst, how did you manage it? having a team of mages try to defeat a boss that not just requires physical attacks to beat but nullifys your magic so you cant heal, haste or shell your party.

somebody has completed ffv with a team of beserkers. omega, shinryu and neo x-deth all fell to his mighty wrath

Ever played whack-a-mole blind folded because thats what the sandworm fight is with berserkers and thats why I dont recomend it however its status is possible if you can get past that...
and Mages:
For the White Mages:
Minotaur: Just have to be a high level with decent(for mages anyway) weapons and pray that you kill him before he kills you easy enough
Omniscient: Give em wall rings cast reflect on Omniscience and fling berserk at him till both are affected(berserk doesnt trigger reset)

For theBlack Mages, Time Mages and Summoners:
Minotaur: see above
Omniscient Equip Wall Rings and leave your SNES and come back every now and then to use healing items incase of drain. He only has 30000 mp so if he casts scan and it fails your set to attack(reset and scan both cost 1 mp)

O Yeah Black and Time Mages and the Advantage of using rods which when broken use the lvl 3 spell of the appropriate element
White Mages Rejoice you can get "Holy in a Stick" by over-leveling in world 2 and kill the metamorphas without them morphing.
Its insanely hard to do I know but it is possible with patience and power leveling