PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody tell me if this is a joke?

Phil
07-12-2005, 05:56 PM
http://www.explorefaith.org/news/05_17_05.html

I nearly died laughing when I saw this. Now, I'm a Christian and I love star wars- but this seems to be taking it a bit far. What are your thoughts?

Raistlin
07-12-2005, 06:08 PM
No matter how bad it is, it can't be as absurd as scientology.

Ultima Shadow
07-12-2005, 06:11 PM
L-O-L

Primus Inter Pares
07-12-2005, 06:18 PM
No matter how bad it is, it can't be as absurd as scientology.
:lol:

TheAbominatrix
07-12-2005, 06:23 PM
I've been seeing a growing trend in churches needing to relate everything to pop culture. It's quite annoying in my book, and I wouldnt doubt that the article is true.

-N-
07-12-2005, 06:32 PM
You can spin anything to make it support your views. Be cautious.

The Anarchy Angel
07-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Wookies aren't "adorable", i was looking out for the Jawa

ThroneofDravaris
07-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Hey, maybe now is the perfect time to start an Evangelion cult as well…

faster skating penguin
07-12-2005, 07:04 PM
I'd be suprised if one dosn't exist already.

Actually, there was a story some time ago about a guy killing him family with a baseball bat after Evangelion made him relize that life is futile as humans can never advance further than they already have, thus they needn't be alive.

I'll try to look up the article some time today.

You've been here long enough to know how to use the edit/delete button.

Dr.K
07-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Well, 'Jedi' is actually an official religion here in the UK. Maybe someone just decided to take it a bit further?

Dignified Pauper
07-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Driving down I-75 south towards Cincinatti, Ohio, there's a church that is called Solid Rock church with an enormous statue of jesus from abdomen up with his hands in the air in front of a pond with two jets of water streaming up in front of his hands... cultish - yes.

ThroneofDravaris
07-14-2005, 05:45 AM
I'd be suprised if one dosn't exist already.

Actually, there was a story some time ago about a guy killing him family with a baseball bat after Evangelion made him relize that life is futile as humans can never advance further than they already have, thus they needn't be alive.

I'll try to look up the article some time today.

You've been here long enough to know how to use the edit/delete button.

LOL, I saw that. Some people will use anything as an excuse to kill their parents...

Ravenmorghane
07-14-2005, 09:31 AM
what is the point of declaring themsleves as jedis when they dont actually do anything?
none of its real in that film ..just dont tell that to my mate or he'll be upset... luke skywalker is his santa claus lol
If they can do that I'm going to claim SODLIER or SeeD member on all forms where it asks for occupation.

Kakashi509
07-14-2005, 01:42 PM
sorry I beat you to that one on my application for my current job (gym teacher) I put down I was a SOLIDER and said my religon was Sith. It was hillarious, it was after I read this,it's because if Jedi is a religion can't sith be a religon too

DMKA
07-14-2005, 03:27 PM
Oh lawd don't they know George Lucas is a Jew?

Lindy
07-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Well, 'Jedi' is actually an official religion here in the UK. Maybe someone just decided to take it a bit further?
Victim of Urban Myths, that never happened. No matter how many people put it on a census, there's nothing that forces it to be recognised as a religion. In fact, why would the Census office be dealing with the classification of religious groups anyway?

War Angel
07-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Oh lawd don't they know George Lucas is a Jew?
Really? Everything suddenly makes sense now.