PDA

View Full Version : Things that reapeat in Final Fantasy

Quare
07-12-2005, 08:54 PM
So whats the deal with Malboros ? Or Tonberrys ? Or Cactuars ? So u ask whats the point of this Topic ? i tell ya ! When those monsters/creatures apeared first time ? In wich final they are most lethal ? In wich they are MOST PISSING OFF..? Personally i think Malboro is the most popular monster :D Maybe its b'cuz it has cool abillity..ya know what i mean :D In FF VII it was MOST ANNOING !!! in FF VIII it was the weakest.. in FF IX it was very weak... But in FF X it rocks ! Until of course you got Ribbon ;] the most popular creature is of course CHOCOBOS ! but what happened to Mogs ? So lets talk about those guys and other ones...

Hawkeye
07-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Chocobos

Chris
07-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Moombas, oh wait... hmm... Cid?

RedCydranth
07-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Well, Quare, it appears that no one really read your post.

I find that the Cactuars are constantly a nuisance. They aren't particularly hard, but they hurt. Also the Tonberry started out as a not so hard enemy but they've evolved to be quite a challenge.

My favorite reoccurring enemy is the Coeurl. Its that catlike thing with LONG whiskers. It is known to do Blaster, which reduces your HP to 1. A pain in the butt. It was known as something different in VIII, but it was there. (It becan with an L)

abrojtm
07-13-2005, 08:52 AM
When those monsters/creatures apeared first time ?

Hmm, lemme think here:
Chocobo- FFII: Although there was only one in the entire freaking world
Moogle- FFIII: Dorga's magical underlings, how cute
Bahamut- FFI: Making a brief disappearance in FFII, he returns to MegaFlare the crap out of things in FFIII
Cid- FFII (arguable): The drunk airship builder that lives in a Pub (arguable because FFI:DoS gives reference to a Cide)
Other Summons (Shiva, Ifrit, etc): Most of them appeared in FFIV/FFIII first
Malboro: FFI
Ochu: FFI
Imp: FFI
Cactrot: FFVI
Mover: FFV
Magic Urn/Pot: FFV
Couerl: FFII
Tonberry: FFVI
Bah, I'm sure there are more that I can't be bothered to think of at the moment.

Quare
07-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Wow i didnt know Cid reapered...Summons reapear very often but somthing in Ramuh guys from square enix dont like and lately they change him. like in FF VIII (Whats this ? Some Jelly that shoots thunders...) or FF X (A HORSE ??!) too bad.. i miss that old guy :D I liked the idea of Tonberry summon in FF VIII :D Finnaly guy from 4 preovius games (i think in ff V he took place too but his name was changed, also in FF VI) got some important role :D Bahamut in FFX looks silly tho... Too bad.. i liked the guy in FFVII most.. Bahamut zero :D About Cactuars- most important role- FFVIII ! Again (like tonberry) their some sort of king ((???) Mr.Cactuar :D) was a summon. Moogles are very rare in FF series.. they REALLY took place in FF IX... They even had a quest !.. But what a stupid quest that was... find some stupid hair gel... geeez...Continue to write somthing about chocobos summons creatures people's names (Biggs wedge !!! FF VI FF VII FF VIII and FF X (blitzball guys)) etc. etc. etc. :D

KuRt
07-13-2005, 11:09 AM
well have you mentioned that in ffviii and in ffx they arenīt Ramuh they are Quezacoalt and Ixion

BG-57
07-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Tiamat first appears as a boss in FFI. Usually it's portrayed as being a multiheaded monster, except in FFVIII, where they reused Bahamut's character design in different colors.

My favorite reoccurring enemy is the Coeurl. Its that catlike thing with LONG whiskers. It is known to do Blaster, which reduces your HP to 1. A pain in the butt. It was known as something different in VIII, but it was there. (It becan with an L)

You mean Torama? Looks like a cheetah with two tentacles?

crazybayman
07-13-2005, 04:44 PM
I think its great that they repeat different fiends, bosses, names and summons. Especially summons and fiends. Its one of the little things that is very characteristic of the final fantasy series. Especially the things that have been there from the beginning, like Imps. Chimeras were in FF1, and then again in FFVIII which was great, but I don't recall them in VI, VII or X, which is too bad (unless I'm mistaken).

tailz
07-13-2005, 05:26 PM
they are definatly in x but look very differnent go to a walk in maclania woods

crazybayman
07-13-2005, 05:30 PM
they are definatly in x but look very differnent go to a walk in maclania woods
Yes, of course! How could I forget......there's the Chimera in the Macalania woods, and also Chimera Brain in the Calm Lands.

Other's that repeat:
Cockatrice
Various dragons
Various types of giant worms
Sphinx in FF1 and Sphinxaur in FFVIII
Tiamat in FF1 and FFVIII
Ochu (as mentioned earlier)
T-Rex (T-Rexaur in FFVIII)
Wraith
Wyvern

from my memory, anyway

Kilrane
07-13-2005, 05:42 PM
dont forget about biggs and wedge. i know for sure they were in ffvii and ffx. i think that they were in ffviii and ffix but cant remember. they might have been in previous games before vii but i started playing from vii on. hey are they in xi? hopefully they'll be in xii cuz they are the only links to the star wars universe

crazybayman
07-13-2005, 06:34 PM
dont forget about biggs and wedge. i know for sure they were in ffvii and ffx. i think that they were in ffviii and ffix but cant remember. they might have been in previous games before vii but i started playing from vii on. hey are they in xi? hopefully they'll be in xii cuz they are the only links to the star wars universe
They're in FFVIII as enemy soldiers that you have to fight several times. I believe there is a Wedge is in the beginning of FFVI, and he's accompanied by Vicks, instead of Biggs.

rubah
07-13-2005, 09:52 PM
I wish moombas would put in another appearance, aside from being lulu's playthings in ffx.

They rock moogles and chocobos to worlds apart.

A lot of these 'repeating monsters' you guys are listing are just mythical beasts, and nothing special of square's invention xD wyverns, cockatrices, etc.

I was thinking the other night about what a perfect monster a geezard was. It's obviously an aligator, but it's a lizard! and it's an old geezer that can't harm you hardly at all xD

Malboro is also another awesome name to come up with xD brand recognition yo.

I thought it was cool how they switched mythologies in ffx-2 and went with persian beasts and names xD Maybe they'll do something like that for monsters in ffxii.

Quare
07-14-2005, 08:45 AM
There were chimeras in previous FF... i think that in FF V and VI [on deserts] (correct me if im wrong ;]) i even think they were in FFVII and use aqua breath. Oh yeah forgot about Ochu ! You can fight that guy in several FF... i think FF VII... and FF X... umm.. FF VI ? Oh another monster-->Admantoise ! Greate guy ! A big turtle with a really mean face expression :D i think FF X and...he did make appearence somwhere else.. well i forgot.. help me here wont ya guys ?

Christmas
07-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Imps/Goblin. They even have their unique "Goblin Punch" in FF VII

Snap Jumper
07-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Chimera appeared as a boss in Deist Castle in game 2. It then became a random encounter after that.

crazybayman
07-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Chimera appeared as a boss in Deist Castle in game 2. It then became a random encounter after that.
It was also a random encounter in FF1.

Masamune·1600
07-14-2005, 05:29 PM
To clarify on the matter of the Chimera, at least one version of the creature has existed in every numerical Final Fantasy (save XI). Chimeras also appeared in FFMQ and FFCC, although they did not appear in FFT or FFTA.

Ravenmorghane
07-14-2005, 06:04 PM
the adamantoise made an appearance in that big cave thing where you fight a big devil like monster .. its really annoying me that I can't remember what it was called. Omega ruins or something?

Pouring Rain
07-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Hot characters. Yup. None of you mentioned that.

crazybayman
07-14-2005, 06:30 PM
the adamantoise made an appearance in that big cave thing where you fight a big devil like monster .. its really annoying me that I can't remember what it was called. Omega ruins or something?
Yes, Omega Ruins, that's right.

zbonks
08-03-2005, 12:18 AM
my favorite thing that repeats in ff is the big shockers that twist the plot -they r an original

Yuffie514
08-03-2005, 12:30 AM
romance. sometimes i term RPGs as "Romance Playing Games".

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-03-2005, 04:00 AM
im surprised no one said any weapons. Masamune (or Grand Lion) is in most of the square games and final fantasies ive played.

Rengori
08-03-2005, 04:12 AM
Let's not forget the Warmech (FFI) monster's reappearance in FFVI as Magitek Ammor.

ljkkjlcm9
08-03-2005, 04:55 AM
How about the fact that they all have LAND, AIR, and SEA transportation, right?

OR, the fact that they all involve groups of people as opposed to a single person.

OR the fact that except for FFIV, you had a pretty large freedom of what your party was like.

OR that you always start in the middle of something... it's never peaceful and you're doing something obscure, and then something horrible happens, it always starts with something horrible happening.

I could go on and on....

THE JACKEL

Rengori
08-03-2005, 05:57 AM
OR that you always start in the middle of something... it's never peaceful and you're doing something obscure, and then something horrible happens, it always starts with something horrible happening.
What about opening cutscenes?

ljkkjlcm9
08-03-2005, 05:39 PM
yes, in the opening cut scene something horrible is happening.

FF1 all this crap going on with the earth
FF2 all the heroes are beaten in a battle
FF3 you get lost in a cave
FF4 you rob a poor mage town(that's just evil)
FF5 a meteor crashes
FF6 Terra is being mind-controlled and attacks a village for an Esper
FF7 you go to blow up a reactor... jump off a train and beat people up
FF8 you get slashed across the face with a huge scar, that just sucks
and.... I honestly haven't played after VIII cause I don't have a PS

THE JACKEL

Rengori
08-03-2005, 08:34 PM
In all technicality that wasn't the opening cutscene.

ljkkjlcm9
08-04-2005, 02:43 AM
In all technicality that wasn't the opening cutscene.

sheesh, let's be technical... my point is, you're starting the game in the middle of something huge happening, like going to blow up a reactor. I mean honestly that's the dumbest thing I ever heard... not in the opening cut scene, sheesh, that's not the point!

THE JACKEL

blackchocobo9999
08-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Cid, Biggs and Wedge repeat (Biggs and Wedge are not in ff9 though :()

MushroomZOMBIE
08-04-2005, 03:57 PM
I think Biggs & Wedge was replaced as Zorn & Thorn in FFIX.......
Anyways,I think everyone notices,but the main charcter usually weilds a sword.......except for IX,X-2 & VI.I'm not sure about FFV,though.

Rengori
08-05-2005, 04:08 AM
You forget I, II, and III on your list of FFs where the hero isn't forced to use a sword.

18Darkdragon
08-05-2005, 04:37 AM
Something people forgot
Not all the The FF you to use a sword like in FF Tacktics u might start with one but you don,t have to use one
A big metal thing called Iron Giants were in FFVII FFVIII im not sure about FFIX But it was also in FFX alteast those are the ones I played they were in.
Something in like the middle of the game always makes the main character seem like a freak escapt in FFVIII were Squall was a freak since the beginning

Rengori
08-05-2005, 04:53 AM
Something people forgot
Not all the The FF you to use a sword like in FF Tacktics u might start with one but you don,t have to use oneThat's basically what I and part of what Dragon Queen just said.

A big metal thing called Iron Giants were in FFVII FFVIII im not sure about FFIX But it was also in FFX alteast those are the ones I played they were in.Very true.

Something in like the middle of the game always makes the main character seem like a freak escapt in FFVIII were Squall was a freak since the beginning
What the hell does "escapt" mean?

18Darkdragon
08-05-2005, 07:29 PM
sorry "except" my spelling, not that great.

MushroomZOMBIE
08-06-2005, 05:16 PM
:lol: Squall wasn't a freak.....he was misunderstood! :D

18Darkdragon
08-07-2005, 03:07 AM
Sure sure, you say tomatoe I say ..... uhhh well you know what I mean.

ILYAS
08-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Weapons
Ultima Weapon etc. First appear in FFVII

Rengori
08-12-2005, 03:50 AM
Lone Wolf the Pickpocket, who is seen jailed in FFV and VI, and possibly IV but I'm not that far in IV.

18Darkdragon
08-15-2005, 01:51 AM
Is there a FF that doesn't have swords in it?

Russ80
08-17-2005, 08:33 PM
is there an FF that doesn't have fighting in it? :D

Golems too (reminded from that talk about iron giants).

boys from the dwarf
08-17-2005, 08:39 PM
whats wrong with references?and also gilgamesh appears in FF5,8 and 9.

EmeraldWeaponluvsRuby
08-17-2005, 08:55 PM
A big metal thing called Iron Giants were in FFVII FFVIII im not sure about FFIX But it was also in FFX alteast those are the ones I played they were in.

Iron Giants first appeared in FFII, then FFV, FFVII and nearly every FF game after that.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Basilisk enemy. It first appeared in FFI and reapppeared in FFIII, FFVII and FFX.

EDIT: Fixed a tag.

Sapphiresea
08-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Ghys wearing gloves!