PDA

View Full Version : tell me something

Denmark
07-13-2005, 03:57 PM
why is it when someone posts a thread that has a slight possibility of getting out of hand that someone says it will get closed? and why is it happening more often now than in the past? and if someone sent you a PM regarding your favorite kind of chalk, would you answer it or just ignore it?

Dignified Pauper
07-13-2005, 03:59 PM
why is it when someone posts a thread that has a slight possibility of getting out of hand that someone says it will get closed? and why is it happening more often now than in the past?

one word, with a hyphen.

Mod-whoring

and if someone sent you a PM regarding your favorite kind of chalk, would you answer it or just ignore it?

i answer all pms

XxSephirothxX
07-13-2005, 04:00 PM
"Humans have a tendency to state the obvious."

Loony BoB
07-13-2005, 04:03 PM
It really is annoying. And we all know someone's going to do it in this thread. Whoever does it is a dumdumhead.

faster skating penguin
07-13-2005, 04:05 PM
I dunno. I've never been a big fan of thread closing, unless it's just a boring thread or has nothing at all to offer. If it's active/entertaining, I'd generally let it be.

About the PM, yes. Answer it. Say BLUE.

Levian
07-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Now nobody will say it, BoB. You totally jinxed it. :mad2:

Meat Puppet
07-13-2005, 04:06 PM
it makes you cool because you're proving to us non-psychic folk that you can actually read the future. (the "you" in this case is the person predicting post close/user ban)

Denmark
07-13-2005, 04:16 PM
faster skating penguin: you are my new favorite person. and not just because of your name.

Psychotic
07-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Because people think they will be rewarded and praised by the Cid's Knights for doing so! When in fact it makes everyone hate them, staff included.

I'd answer it if it was from someone hot.

crashNUMBERS
07-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Because people think they will be rewarded and praised by the Cid's Knights for doing so!
*Cough*AgentProto!!*Cough*

Dr.K
07-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Because people think they will be rewarded and praised by the Cid's Knights for doing so! When in fact it makes everyone hate them, staff included.So so true :p
As for the PM, I'd answer it regardless whether the topic was chalk, lapdancing pelicans or the optimal conditions for raindancing in southern Greenland. Just plain courtesy, surely?

Shlup
07-13-2005, 05:37 PM
why is it when someone posts a thread that has a slight possibility of getting out of hand that someone says it will get closed?
Because they're smurfing smurflickers who think they know but they really don't know.

and why is it happening more often now than in the past?
It's not.

and if someone sent you a PM regarding your favorite kind of chalk, would you answer it or just ignore it?
Depends on whether they mean brand or type/color/etc.

Raistlin
07-13-2005, 05:39 PM
why is it when someone posts a thread that has a slight possibility of getting out of hand that someone says it will get closed?
This is because people are stupid, and despite Staff making public comments three or four times a year about using the Warn button, people don't respond.

Devourment
07-13-2005, 06:50 PM
why is it when someone posts a thread that has a slight possibility of getting out of hand that someone says it will get closed?Because it will not get back on track & will only get worse.

Zeldy
07-13-2005, 07:09 PM
why is it when someone posts a thread that has a slight possibility of getting out of hand that someone says it will get closed? and why is it happening more often now than in the past? and if someone sent you a PM regarding your favorite kind of chalk, would you answer it or just ignore it?
Id answer the pm,Pwurple
And yes, its a pain when a topic you find interesting closes :weep:

kikimm
07-13-2005, 07:46 PM
People just like being...."right" I suppose. To be able to say "I told you so", even. Well, they're dickheads, so ignore them, and continue with the topic, I say.

Oh, and of course I'd respond to a PM solely about chalk. That is the ideal topic for PMs, I've found.

:D

rubah
07-13-2005, 08:36 PM
I like the harecord yellow chalk, denffe.

People just like predicting what is likely to happen and try to show off:P
brown noses ahoy!

Aphelion
07-13-2005, 08:39 PM
I answer all PMs...Sometimes newbies are afraid of PMing people because they think they'd be "ridiculous" by doing it, but that's not the truth...They'll be considered nice people, even more if they talk about - guess what? - chalk.

Denmark
07-13-2005, 09:56 PM
And yes, its a pain when a topic you find interesting closes :weep:

like my other thread. but I guess that deserved to be closed, since it was kind of gruesome. but the blame goes completely to Cbc. or whatever his forum name is now xD

This is because people are stupid, and despite Staff making public comments three or four times a year about using the Warn button, people don't respond.

firstly, I thought you were Yams and was going to warn you just for the hell of it. secondly, what if members abuse the warn button like I was about to? (I didn't warn him, don't worry, loyal members)