PDA

View Full Version : FF3 character development

Mystik_Ninja
07-13-2005, 06:14 PM
I got into FF3 a while ago and I remember going crazy with the job system. I think I probably switched classes to much to be really effective. Does anyone have any pointers or maybe suggestions for what party would be the best to begin with and develop( don't say Onion Kids )?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Fighter, Monk, Black Wizard, White Wizard.

matt89
07-13-2005, 06:23 PM
i'M A bit of a monk fan. They help me advance pretty quick in the early stages

boys from the dwarf
07-13-2005, 06:41 PM
i dont have FF3 but i know a bit about it and if the job systems like FF5 Fighter, Monk, Black Mage, White Mage are the best choices probbably but as you go on you will want to change to jobs like sages or ninjas.

Sefie1999AD
07-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Start with Fighter, Monk, White Mage and Red Mage. The Red Mage can use some basic black magic, and he can also use a sword called Wight Slayer that is pretty useful early in the game. Later in the game, after a couple of dungeons, it's best to change Red Mage into a Black Mage because he's got more MP for spells, he can learn more spells and Red Mage just can't keep up with acceptable attack and magic development.

Captain Maxx Power
07-14-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm extremely anal, so I have Monk/Masters for most of the game across the board for maximum HP gain. MP you can gain any point in the game, HPs you can't. Obviously I switch jobs, especially when you...well, I won't spoil the surprise. Think Gulliver's Travels.

Mystik_Ninja
07-14-2005, 01:48 PM
OK so now I started a new game. I took a lesson from FF1 and started my party with the fail safe F/F/F/RM. But now I am starting to remember how this game works. If I level up with mages my characters magic gets stronger but can I continue to cast black spells if I switch to a white mage? If I am a fighter my strength would go up right? So I might want to switch a couple of my fighters to monks to make sure they have lots of HP. Is this correct?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-14-2005, 02:03 PM
You can only use black magic if your current class allows it. White Wizard does not.

Crossblades
07-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Can you mix jobs like you do in FF V?

Snap Jumper
07-14-2005, 05:13 PM
You can't mix them, and you can't change them if you don't have enough Capacity Points. However, a job upgrade like Sage can use combined traits of the mages. I'd start with a Fighter, Monk, White Mage, and any fourth character. A monk is good for high max HP, which, unlike 5, doesn't lower if you switch to a different job.

Mystik_Ninja
07-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Then what I want to know is why should I switch classes at all? Now I know that the Ninja :fpninja: would probably be a good upgrade to the Fighter. But aside from the Monk giving me extra HP would there be any advantage in switch a Fighter to another class say a Wizard :magus: . Because the Fighter would be more powerful if he continued on as a Fighter since he would never be able to cast magic anyways.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Here are my recommendations.

After the Wind Crystal
Fighter, Monk, Black Wizard, White Wizard

After the Fire Crystal
Knight, Monk, Black Wizard, White Wizard

After the Water Crystal
Knight, Karateka, Black Wizard, White Wizard

After the Earth Crystal
Knight, Karateka, Warlock, Shaman

After Forbidden Land Eureka
Ninja, Ninja, Sage, Sage

---

The following are just for special situations.

Cave of the Seal
Fighter, Monk, Red Wizard, White Wizard

(The extra muscle helps, but after this one dungeon, it's really not worth it.)

---

Nepto Shrine (Big Rat Fight)
Black Wizard, Black Wizard, Black Wizard, White Wizard

(Weapons are useless when you're minituarized, so in places where you're forced to have Mini cast on yourself, it's a good idea to either have one or more Black Wizards or run away a whole lot. However, the Nepto Shrine has a boss fight that is, of course, impossible to run away from.)

---

Hyne's Castle (Hyne Fight)
Scholar, Black Wizard, Black Wizard, White Wizard

(Hyne's only weakness is a certain kind of black magic that changes throughout the battle. The only way to tell his weakness is to use a Scholar, and you may as well have a second Black Wizard to make the battle go faster.)

---

Goldor's Mansion (Goldor Fight)
Knight, Karateka, Viking, White Wizard

(Goldor is extremely resistant to black magic, so you should change your Black Wizard to a warrior type. I use Viking, but any one will do, really.)

---

Castle Salonia (Garuda Fight)
Dragoon, Dragoon, Dragoon, Dragoon

(Unless you feel like leveling up to Level 30, the only realistic way of beating Garuda is with this party.)

---

Cave of Darkness
MKnight, MKnight, Black Wizard, White Wizard

(The enemies in this dungeon replicate when you hit them with any weapon except a katana, which only MKnights can equip.)

Sefie1999AD
07-14-2005, 09:09 PM
That's amazing, Kishi! I think those are exactly the parties I used in my game of FF3j. Actually, one difference: instead of a Viking, I used Thief in Goldor's mansion for his Flee ability against foes such as the horses that ambush you from behind and attack you with Confuse-status attacks.

Crossblades
07-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Interesting. I think I'll use those when I get the DS version