PDA

View Full Version : You know you play too much Final Fantasy when...

KoShiatar
07-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Only real things that truly happened in your life!

I'll start this off!

Case #1: Once I was reading a magazine summary; it read: "In this issue we're talking about malaria".
I read: "In this issue we're talking about Materia"! I was like, "WTF"?!

Case #2: A few nights ago I dreamt I was going around in a Vincent cape. O__o'

What are your funniest cases? Confess! :p

DJZen
07-14-2005, 04:15 AM
When you've lost track of how many "you know you play too much Final Fantasy when..." threads you've posted in.

Tidus5
07-14-2005, 04:40 AM
Your band starts naming its songs after moves/techniques/characters in FF. So far we have 2 like that: Red XIII and Mega Flare...

Buschmaster
07-14-2005, 04:42 AM
Tidus and Cloud have each been in my dreams once...

Strangly enough, I play Final Fantasy a lot while here, that's pretty much addicted right there.

Desert Merchant
07-14-2005, 09:18 AM
I had a dream that I was dating Princess Garnett. Strangely, I was disproportioned in this dream...

Kakashi509
07-14-2005, 02:02 PM
when I read the first case in this thread I thought it also said materia.

#1- my first idea for a paintjob for my room was final fantasy VII and VIII characters (and aeris's death)

#2- I accidently graded a whole class with noman numerauls of the FF games I have/was playing

Ravenmorghane
07-14-2005, 02:08 PM
..when you begin to consider naming your future children after FF characters. my first girl would be Tifa and my first boy would be Vincent or Irvine (to be fair the boys names are actually common names)

liamo
07-14-2005, 02:21 PM
when you start to notice that some of the things in these types of threads are something you've already done

ThroneofDravaris
07-14-2005, 03:00 PM
When you start posting on an FF forum.

Sad…

liamo
07-14-2005, 03:20 PM
emmm you just did that you know?

ThroneofDravaris
07-14-2005, 03:38 PM
emmm you just did that you know?

*sigh*

Irony: expression of meaning by use of words normally conveying opposite meaning.

Satire: Use of ridicule, sarcasm, or irony to expose folly.

Joke: thing said or done to excite laughter.

Ohhh
07-14-2005, 05:21 PM
hahaahaa i intend 2 name my kids afta ff characters, i didnt realize that was a sign i play it too much :S lol
(yuna in case u wondered which name;) )

Pouring Rain
07-14-2005, 06:12 PM
Like, I was looking at a horse, and for some reason, it started looking like Ixion. We had to do this gay thing at school, and the teacher was like " What animal is this?" And I went, "It's a chocobo!". It was actually a chicken. And I think, what FF game am I playing today? We have a lot of them. Lets name them off. FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF10-2. And my cousins are like, " You have too many video games. But FF would have to be your favorite video game, wouldn't it?" And one time, I was talking to their mom, and she was like, " What were you doing downstairs before I came. Let me guess, Final Fantasying?" And I was like "WTH is Final Fantasying?!". But the fact that she said it freaked me out. I play too much FF. But not like my mom. My aunt talks about my mom behind her back like one time "You know your mom plays to much games. Like that one Final Fantasy game she always be playin' when I come. She never comes to say hi or anything. I gotta come downstairs and she be playin' that daggone Final Fantasy game.". And I'd be like, "Oh, you mean Final Fantasy 9? She plays that all the time.". And her daughter Kea is like, "I think thats her favorite game. I bet it is, isn't it?" And their mom is like, "How come you don't ever ask me to play whatever Final Fantasy game you be playing?" And I gotta go, "Well, its a 1-player game." And they go, "And Marlie is the only one who actually knows how to play.". So my life is surrounded by FF. Its kinda scary, actually. I still do play FF, though. And we play it everytime my cousins come. We gotta do voice overs for those games that don't have them. I wish we would play FFVII though. They don't like it cause the graphics suck. But Ima get them to like it, just like my mom. LOL.

Kilrane
07-14-2005, 06:40 PM
...when you get arrested during holloween for having a long weapon and being a threat by "pretending" to stab someone through their back (i wasnt pretending when i told them that holloween i would kill them!!) unfortunately they made me give up my sephiroth costume and weapon. its ok. holloween is around the corner and i'll do it as cloud ha :radred:

ZuZu
07-14-2005, 06:43 PM
... I want this tattoo :hyper:

http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A40810/high/mogtat02.jpg

Ohhh
07-14-2005, 07:25 PM
...when you get arrested during holloween for having a long weapon and being a threat by "pretending" to stab someone through their back (i wasnt pretending when i told them that holloween i would kill them!!) unfortunately they made me give up my sephiroth costume and weapon. its ok. holloween is around the corner and i'll do it as cloud ha :radred:
lmao!!

Slade
07-15-2005, 05:41 AM
When you start talking to yourself about "beating Ozma" or "Omega Weapon" or some other long stratergy while your on the toilet..................especially when someone else is in the house :eek:

Reles
07-15-2005, 05:49 AM
When you start calling your ex boyfriend Kain and your new (Old now) boyfriend Cecil, while Rydia is your best friend, and you're Rosa being wanted by this "Kain" and "Cecil." It was always a joke between my ex and I, but no one else seemed to get it.

Tidus5
07-15-2005, 06:23 AM
My 10 year old cousin had to go see the school psychiatrist because he got too carried away one day. Apparantly, he was standing on top of the monkey bars and he pretended that he was a ronso. After head butting other little kids with his pretend horn, he relieved himself of his "ronso rage" right there in the middle of the playground. Long story short, I get in trouble because he had been watching me play FFX and they thought he was "too young for that kind of violence".

ljkkjlcm9
07-15-2005, 07:04 AM
when you sit down and write out your plans for each character such as the equipment they'll have, how to get that equipment and the like... I've done that in a lot of games though, all RPGs however.

When your favorite color is because it was the name of a character in FFVI, ie mine is Cyan... hehe

When the name that you use to name the main character everytime, for me JACKEL, is the name you want your child to have.

When everyone you know comes to you for help as if you're a strategy guide on FF games, cause let's face it, you're better than a strategy guide.

Your parents know nothing about what games to get you or what games you own, but know they can't go wrong with getting you the new Final Fantasy game.

When you have two siblings, and each one of you owns one system, me gamecube, one sibling PS2, the other X-Box, and you buy the FF game to play on your brother's system, even though you only see him when you're home for the summer.

When you get upset when someone mistakes a picture of a chocobo for a chicken or some other bird.

When you have every soundtrack for every final fantasy game and the Black Mages, even the crappy soundtracks for games not done by Nobuo, end even the movie soundtrack...

When you don't consider someone an FF fan until they've beaten every FF game in existence like you have (damn straight I don't, I have no friends who are FF fans!)

When the first game you played was an FF game(FFI for me), and you were 2 and doing better in the game than your parents who actually could read and understand the game, and took the controller from them so you could beat it because they couldn't...

OK I swear I'm done with my list, though I could keep thinking of more...

THE JACKEL

Ohhh
07-15-2005, 07:34 PM
My 10 year old cousin had to go see the school psychiatrist because he got too carried away one day. Apparantly, he was standing on top of the monkey bars and he pretended that he was a ronso. After head butting other little kids with his pretend horn, he relieved himself of his "ronso rage" right there in the middle of the playground. Long story short, I get in trouble because he had been watching me play FFX and they thought he was "too young for that kind of violence".
LMAO
hee hee, my lil bros are always fighting final fantasy style (usually one of them is cloud and the other is tidus or someone)

TurkSlayer
07-15-2005, 07:43 PM
When you start naming your friends and pets after Final Fantasy characters. (My cats name is Cloud, and I've nicknamed several of my frends)

When you start quoting lines from the games every chance you get.

When you get icredibly excited every time someone mentions Final Fantasy and you immediately want to tell them every detail of every FF.

When the name that you use to name the main character everytime, for me JACKEL, is the name you want your child to have.

When everyone you know comes to you for help as if you're a strategy guide on FF games, cause let's face it, you're better than a strategy guide.

Your parents know nothing about what games to get you or what games you own, but know they can't go wrong with getting you the new Final Fantasy game.

When you get upset when someone mistakes a picture of a chocobo for a chicken or some other bird.

When you don't consider someone an FF fan until they've beaten every FF game in existence like you have (damn straight I don't, I have no friends who are FF fans!)

These too are good example of someone like me.

Midnight Garnet
07-15-2005, 08:50 PM
yeah i gave my cat the nickname Squall...which he answers too!! oh and i wanna name my kids after characters...."YUNA!! get over here NOW!!" ahhh they'll love me!! :p

blackchocobo9999
07-16-2005, 08:10 PM
When you want to call your first girl, Garnet (you got to admit, its a nice name)
And when your mate starts to go to the junkyard and takes bits home to make Final Fantasy weapons!
And when you search around the internet looking for t-shirts saying IM WITH YUFFIE!
and looking for Mugs saying THIS MOOGLE IS DRINKING TEA!!!!!

fantasyjunkie
07-17-2005, 08:08 AM
at work i saw this guy with a picture of Cloud on his shirt and we both started going off on how cool FF7 was and all these other people were looking at us like we lost our minds when we talked about how devestated we were when Aeris died.

RedCydranth
07-17-2005, 05:03 PM
complete strangers come up to you and ask how to set up the materia to beat emerald and ruby weapons, or who to use to beat Ozma. I'm a walking strategy guide for the FF series and like 10 other RPGs.

You write fan fics about what would happen if all Final Fantasy characters were warped to a single planet and had an all out brawl against each other. (Squall won the swordsman competition, Vivi won the Magic Competition and Kain and Freya tied the Dragoon competition, I havent wrote the summoning or the white magic competition.)

I have a friend who made a weapon that would be Final Fantasy VII, complete with materia slots (He used Green and Red Marbles)

You win at a card came and you hum the Final Fantasy victory theme.

Kakashi509
07-17-2005, 05:41 PM
You win at a card came and you hum the Final Fantasy victory theme. and when you lose you hum the game over theme.
Also when someone asks what type of pet bird you have you reply "it's not a bird it's a chocobbo moron!"

Phil
07-18-2005, 12:16 AM
I'd just like to say that If my parents named me after a video game charachter I'd probably kill them and then myself.
"Hi, My name is Laguna! whats yours!"
*DIES*
But seriously you know you play too much ff when:

1) Your friends referr to you as Vivi *... yeah... thats me*
2) You and your two friends are each the masters of a particular ff at your school (I was 9, trev was 7, and chappy was 8)
3) You can name off every single main charachter of ffs 7-10 and their beginning weapons and basic moves as well as quote them through the plot but you can't make above a 50 on a history quote quiz test at school.... *this happened to me... sadly*
4) You seriously tried to dress up as Vincent Valentine on "famous person day" for homecoming week using your maroon aggie curtains and bed-spread
5) You brag about owning the FFIX action figures
6) You have more than 5 ff posters hanging in your room and more in your locker at school
7) You carry your strategy guides to school in your backpack and read them during study hall to plan out your level-up course
8) You have FF music on your i-pod or mp3 player
and finally
9) You wear FF jewelry to school, have keychains on your car-keys, and a picture of Tifa in your wallet that you cut out of EGM (I was sad enough to do this one, except the tifa wallet thing. That was my best friend and ff7 master Trev)

ljkkjlcm9
07-18-2005, 02:15 AM
I'd just like to say that If my parents named me after a video game charachter I'd probably kill them and then myself.
"Hi, My name is Laguna! whats yours!"
*DIES*
But seriously you know you play too much ff when:

1) Your friends referr to you as Vivi *... yeah... thats me*
2) You and your two friends are each the masters of a particular ff at your school (I was 9, trev was 7, and chappy was 8)
3) You can name off every single main charachter of ffs 7-10 and their beginning weapons and basic moves as well as quote them through the plot but you can't make above a 50 on a history quote quiz test at school.... *this happened to me... sadly*
4) You seriously tried to dress up as Vincent Valentine on "famous person day" for homecoming week using your maroon aggie curtains and bed-spread
5) You brag about owning the FFIX action figures
6) You have more than 5 ff posters hanging in your room and more in your locker at school
7) You carry your strategy guides to school in your backpack and read them during study hall to plan out your level-up course
8) You have FF music on your i-pod or mp3 player
and finally
9) You wear FF jewelry to school, have keychains on your car-keys, and a picture of Tifa in your wallet that you cut out of EGM (I was sad enough to do this one, except the tifa wallet thing. That was my best friend and ff7 master Trev)

some of that is just plain wrong, and I still don't think you've played too much FF unless you've played them all... sorry

THE JACKEL

Quezacotl
07-18-2005, 07:51 AM
Two days ago I had a dream where I was a member of a party in FF 8...it was pretty cool. Squall was on front, then Zell, and then me following them. I guess it had to do with the fact that I played FF8 for two hours before going to sleep.

Dr.M
07-18-2005, 08:29 AM
when u swear in al bhed under our breath at your teachers (mainly language teachers)

when u talk so much to your friend about how hot tidus is and they try (sadly try) to get u interested in harry potter.

spartancode117
07-18-2005, 08:02 PM
when you blurt out 'kupo' at the end of every sentence. :D :D :D
when your sig is a quote from a ff game

Kittay
07-18-2005, 09:19 PM
You win at a card came and you hum the Final Fantasy victory theme.

lmbo please, I sing the victory fanfare whenever I do *anything* good, even pulling into a parking space straight or cleaning out a box in my room. It's such a strange habit! :freak:

Kakashi509
07-19-2005, 01:06 AM
the first word that comes to your head when you wake up is Final fantasy

Rengori
07-19-2005, 02:03 AM
When you nickname yourself 'Sephiroth' at the YMCA because that's what a Quizzilla poll said.

When you play Megaman 8 and yell Climbhazard whenever you use the fire sword.

When you mistake Megaman for Barret.

Edit: Sorry, forgot one.

When your iPod is loaded with Uematsu's work.

spartancode117
07-19-2005, 02:44 PM
When you nickname yourself 'Sephiroth' at the YMCA because that's what a Quizzilla poll said.

When your iPod is loaded with Uematsu's work. What about your PSP?

Rengori
07-19-2005, 05:33 PM

No USB camle.

spartancode117
07-19-2005, 05:38 PM

No USB camle. so buy one- they're cheap. or find one that fits, thats what i did.

Cruise Control
07-19-2005, 07:54 PM

When you mistake Megaman for Barret.Thats me
Bah, PSP doesnt have that much memory, but mines loaded with it anyway.

fantasyjunkie
07-20-2005, 03:18 AM
wow, my ipod has FF music :eek: Don't forget about having your desktop with FF wallpaper too :D

elorian
07-22-2005, 05:29 AM
When your sexual fantasies involve Yuna :love:

When your sexual fantasies involve Terra :confused:

When your sexual fantasies involve White Mage :eek:

Rengori
07-22-2005, 05:59 AM
I don't know about you, but when you give Bahamut the rat tail and WM becomes WW, White Wizard looks like a dude. :eek:

ljkkjlcm9
07-22-2005, 06:12 AM
I don't know about you, but when you give Bahamut the rat tail and WM becomes WW, White Wizard looks like a dude. :eek:

that's cause white wizard is a dude, contrary to popular belief

THE JACKEL

Rengori
07-22-2005, 06:42 AM
So White Mage is a dude too, I would guess.

elorian
07-22-2005, 10:11 PM

White Wizard has long red hair. Girls, not guys, have long red hair. Ergo, White Mage is a chick.

Rengori
07-22-2005, 10:44 PM

White Wizard has long red hair. Girls, not guys, have long red hair. Ergo, White Mage is a chick.
MADE IN JAPAN

Kakashi509
07-23-2005, 02:46 AM
when you jump off your bed with a plastic sword stabbing an aeris plushie.

Aphelion
07-23-2005, 02:59 AM
I try to use "kweh" and "kupo" as much as I can. I haven't learned Al Bhed, but, of course, I'm trying to learn as much as I can... for swearing purposes. :D

Snap Jumper
07-23-2005, 04:38 AM
1. When you actually know a girl named Terra, and suggest that she dye her hair green.
2. When a church service sounds similar to a FF storyline.
3. When you visualize yourself using a fire spell on someone that ticked you off.

NeoCracker
07-24-2005, 12:34 PM
I once had a Dream were i was watching myself run through a ff 6 Dungeon, 16 bit graphics and all.

blackline77
07-24-2005, 09:29 PM
When your teacher asks u the answer to a math problem and u say 10,000 damage.

Rengori
07-24-2005, 11:01 PM
When your teacher asks u the answer to a math problem and u say 10,000 damage.
:lol:

In the good way of course.

NeoCracker
07-25-2005, 03:08 AM
When Final Fantasy HAs become the Basis of your Dreams and Life Goals,
Quilty of that I am

Jessweeee♪
08-07-2005, 11:55 PM
every night i dream i'm playing FFVIII (i'm always battling diablos with ifirit)

Rokk
08-08-2005, 09:46 PM
When i have been writing "material" i seem to quite often write "materia" this only happens when i write by hand though, not on a keyboard..

MushroomZOMBIE
08-08-2005, 10:36 PM
When you have a "Limit Break"!

Fithos
08-09-2005, 04:37 AM
when you end sentences in kupo. (really did happen)