Old Manus
07-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Before it ended, yeah.

Shoden
07-13-2005, 09:45 PM
eh eh ehhhh!!!!

Heath
07-13-2005, 09:49 PM
It's good, I'll give it that. Hardly Fawlty Towers standard though. I'd probably be a lot more complimentary about this programme if it weren't for the impressions of it that everyone and their mother seems to do. The whole Andy Pipkin thing is a repetitive joke (whilst funny), on the programme itself, so why people think they're hilarious by repeating it on the bus, in school and outside exam halls is beyond me.

Maybe I'm a bit harsh. It's funny, but I think it's over-rated.

Shoden
07-13-2005, 09:53 PM
it's hillarious man it's the best comedy of the year 04/05 blackadder is great so is father ted but fawlty towers was just good

Heath
07-13-2005, 10:05 PM
it's hillarious man it's the best comedy of the year 04/05 blackadder is great so is father ted but fawlty towers was just good

I thought the Newcastle United team was the best comedy of 2004-2005, but maybe that's just me.

Little Britain is over-rated, as a fact. I guess that with it being a 'cult success', that comes with it. I'm not saying it's not funny, I think it is. I just don't think it's the best comedy evar!11! as a lot of people seem to think.

Lindy
07-13-2005, 10:06 PM
It was funny when people weren't quoting it constantly.

I think when Richard and Judy performed their own version of a Lou and Andy sketch, you could see it was a victim of it's own success.

Good, but not that good.

Heath
07-13-2005, 10:13 PM
I think when Richard and Judy performed their own version of a Lou and Andy sketch, you could see it was a victim of it's own success.

Richard and Judy did that? Well, I do feel a pang of sympathy for the programme now.

jrgen
07-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Meh. It had one type of joke for each character and then they just repeted it over and over.

Lindy
07-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Richard and Judy did that? Well, I do feel a pang of sympathy for the programme now.
Yeah, I know.

Cz
07-13-2005, 10:20 PM
I agree with everything Heath said, except I felt that Roy Carroll's goal-line blunder was probably funnier than Newcastle United this season. :p

Heath
07-13-2005, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I know.

Tommo | "I am the man with no name! Zapp Brannigan, at your service" says:
You know, in that little Britain thread
Cinnamon says:
I love that scene too
Cinnamon says:
But it's never the one that first comes to mind
I was half expecting you to have quoted my post and just put "Yeah, I know" in your post.
Or someone to have, anyway.

I agree with everything Heath said, except I felt that Roy Carroll's goal-line blunder was probably funnier than Newcastle United this season. :p

Haha, true, how I forgot that is beyond me.

Old Manus
07-13-2005, 10:35 PM
Only lefties dislike Little Britain.

Lindy
07-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Funnily enough, I'm a lefty.

Xander
07-13-2005, 10:58 PM
So sick of this program now. It was funny at first.

Mo-Nercy
07-14-2005, 03:11 AM
We get it in Australia on the government owned channel.

I really don't understand British humour.

Ravenmorghane
07-14-2005, 09:39 AM
It was good although some of the sketches were a bit repetitive. The andy and lou sketch practically made the show I think
Best one:
*Andy climbs into the tree to retrieve a ball*
Lou:'Andy, how'd you get up there??'
Andy: '.... I fell'

Craig
07-14-2005, 11:16 AM
I thought some of it was funny at first, but really I just think it's stupid and I hate it.

Lindy
07-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Actually, the funniest things were the Scottish Hotel Owner, and the guy who fancied his friend's granny.
"Did you make this soup?"
"Maybe I did, and maybe I didn't~"
"Well, just my wife was wondering about the recipe"
"Have ye heard of a thing called...butterrrrrrr?"

Unfortunately, both were removed in the second series, which is where it pretty much hit rock bottom.

Devourment
07-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Only lefties dislike Little Britain.
Funnily enough, I'm a lefty.Me too.

I used to like it, but I hate it with a passion now. People eveywhere quoting lines from it.

Shoden
07-14-2005, 05:42 PM
it's the best comedy around at the minute it's the funniest thing you can see on TV though it never measures up to classics like Father Ted and others

Newcastle werent that funny it was just like "what the hell is going on with them?" whilst Chelsea was the centre of attention but enough footy talk

now take your quirrel "eeeyes" and your magic money paper "oh eeyeees and cast your mark upon it "oh eeeyes yes yes" and we'll do the rest "far thee well travelers *a min later* "Sh*t"

it's total madness and it's only funny when people quote it right and not excessively

(common it aint newcastle's fault they got the crappest manager around that bum head shepeard made a mistake sacking sir bobby but oh well to you it is funny)

Cz
07-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Actually, the funniest things were the Scottish Hotel Owner, and the guy who fancied his friend's granny.
"Did you make this soup?"
"Maybe I did, and maybe I didn't~"
"Well, just my wife was wondering about the recipe"
"Have ye heard of a thing called...butterrrrrrr?"

Unfortunately, both were removed in the second series, which is where it pretty much hit rock bottom.Ah, now the Scottish guy was a good character. I can't believe they took him out just to make more room for Lou and Andy. *shakes head*

bigbri2k5
07-15-2005, 12:58 PM
lou and andy are the funniest characters ever

Cz
07-15-2005, 01:05 PM
lou and andy are the funniest characters everThe first time you see them, maybe. The hundredth? Not so much.

Old Manus
07-15-2005, 03:56 PM
YEAH I KNOW

Shoden
07-15-2005, 10:25 PM
that one

are you sure?

yeah

positive?

Yeah

ok then

i don't like it

oh the one when lou has a girlfriend and andy gets jealous he pushes his chair over and lies down and says "she pushed me!"