PDA

View Full Version : Question's

Benedikt
07-14-2005, 02:00 AM
Greetings.
My name is a Hubert and i new guy at this forum i so glad i can join for peole who still love FFT.
i didint play for this game like 2 years but my memory and me wants again travell with Ramza :).
But my memory failed me. And my knowlage about this game is not that big like before.
So i have some questions
exacly 3 (for now:P)
1)
How to get javelin II
and this shield escutcheon II
cuz when i fighting in Nelveska Temple
i found a javelin ofcorse with a escutcheon and also
Sasuke Knife and Nagrarock (sword)
so is a corect??, or maybe somethink is wrong??
if is corect where i can find javeli II and escutcheon II ??
2)
how open deep dungeron cuz complitly forget ??
(i have Cloud already)
3)
How to get ultima spell for Ramza cuz dont remember to.

I be so glad if somone helping me with my little problems
also sorry for my english is not very good :)
kiss for all
Benedikt

Masamune·1600
07-14-2005, 02:24 AM
Welcome to EoFF.

1.) In general, when using Move-Find Item, one can Find either the rare item or the common item. The odds of finding the rare (better) item is equal to (100 - Brave)%. At Nelveska Temple, one finds the Javelin and the Escutcheon on top of the pillars. However, the best spear and the best shield share their names with the worst spear and worst shield; Move-Find can unearth either the good equipment or the bad equipment here. I would recommend reloading from before the Nelveska battle, taking a character with low Brave, and checking the locations again. Hopefully, you'll Find the superior versions of Javelin and Escutcheon.

2.) After you finish up at Murond Holy Place, simply go to to Warjilis Trade City. A brief cutscene will occur at the bar, and Deep Dungeon will become accessible.

3.) In order for Ramza to learn Ultima, he must be in his specialized Squire job. If he survives a hit from Ultima (used by Celia and Lede when in Assassin form, as well as by Ultima Demons), he will learn the ability.

Despotus
07-14-2005, 07:40 AM
(i have Cloud already)
3)
How to get ultima spell for Ramza cuz dont remember to.

Welcome Benedikt,

If you have Cloud on your team already, it is too late to get Ultima from the Assassins Celia and Lede. They will fight you at Limberry Castle. If you have not fought at Murond Holy Place, you can find an Ultima Demon in the 3rd battle (when you have to fight brother Zalbag as a vampire) Hopefully you will learn Ultima there. Remember to make Ramza a Squire.

After that battle, go to Warjilis Trade City. Do NOT go to Orbonne Monastery!! You'll find the Deep Dungeon in the ocean close to Warjilis.

If you didn't get the powerful Javelin and Escutcheon, start again from just after you get the Holy Dragon Reis and try the Nelveska Temple battles again. Remember to bring a Dragon or Worker 8 so you can use them as a step to reach the top of the 2 pillars. Low Brave (15 or 20) is very important!!

BG-57
07-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Welcome Benedikt! :)

In particular Rafa would make a good character for using Move-Find since her Brave is very low to begin with. Alternately you can manipulate Brave using Talk Skill.

Another note about Nelveska Temple. It's the first chance in the game you to recruit monsters of the Hydra class. If you want to recruit one, use Train. Invite has a very low chance of success. Even if you don't consider Hydras and Tiamats the best monsters, you get some nifty stuff from poaching them. :D

Benedikt
07-14-2005, 05:26 PM
ok understand all
but now other question i have sen here somewhere at this forum about javelin II and esc (shield II) where i can get it ??
i think this is a more powerfull wepon :)
so any help ??

Masamune·1600
07-14-2005, 05:59 PM
As I implied earlier, there is no weapon called the "Javelin II," just as there is no shield called the "Escutcheon II." To differentiate between the weak and strong versions of each item, some people have taken to qualifying the superior spear and shield with "II." Similarly, many people call the enhanced version of the Masamune (Grand Lion) in Chrono Trigger the "Masamune II." These designations are inaccurate, however, and confusing to someone in your position. To clarify, you will never find a "Javelin II" or "Javelin 2 (or Escutcheon II/2)," no matter how hard you try. You can find, however, a "Javelin" and an "Escutcheon" that are FAR more powerful than the normal versions of those pieces of equipment. Refer to my initial post for advice on how to obtain that weapon and that shield.

darkblade117
07-14-2005, 08:10 PM
how much more powerful are they? cuz i have never bothered to get them myself.

RedCydranth
07-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Okay, Javelin I = Atk 8, Dragon Whisker = Atk 17, Javelin II = Atk 30

Esch I = Sheild EVasion Physical 10% S EV Magic 3%
Esch II = S EV P 75% Magic 50%

Best sheild besides Esch II
Venetian Plate = S EV P 50% Magic 25% Half - Fire, Bolt , Ice.

So there you are, both are vastly superior.

BG-57
07-14-2005, 10:59 PM
You can tell if you got the better Escutcheon (II) if you Move-Find on the pillar and a see a gold shield appear (if it's tan with a circular border, just reset).

I believe the better Javelin (II) is bluish/silver in color.

The Sasuke Knife is unique but you can get the Nagrarok by poaching Porkys.