PDA

View Full Version : Evade and Counter?

lionhearted
07-14-2005, 10:05 AM
I've always noticed that if my characters have a weapon equipped with the ability 'Evade and Counter', they will counter even if they are physically hit. :confused:

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this the reason why you cannot put both 'Counter-Attack' and 'Evade and Counter' on a single weapon?

abrojtm
07-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Yes. That's why it's called Evade and Counter. It doesn't counter only when you evade.

Blitz Ace
07-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Evade and Counter: when your character is attacked by a physical attack, they will attempt to evade it and quickly counter back with a physical attack of their own.

In other words, it will increase your chances of evading an attack, but you will not be immune to physical attacks (an enemy may have very high accuracy so you can not evade the attack).

Therefore you cannot put evade and counter and counter-attack on the same weapon, because they essentially perform the same task, but evade and counter increases your evasion of physical attacks.

Legendary Caladbolg
07-15-2005, 12:12 AM
What about Auron's ultimate weapon. It has counterattack. If my Auron evades an attack he will counterattack. Although his evasion is 255. Does that make any difference?

Yuffie514
07-15-2005, 02:45 AM
I've always noticed that if my characters have a weapon equipped with the ability 'Evade and Counter', they will counter even if they are physically hit. :confused:

that's just the point of Counter. ur character will counter back if hit physically. if you get hit by magic and have Magic Counter, then ur character will also strike back.

Fireblade13
08-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Yeah why does Auron have Counter and not E and counter

Cruise Control
08-10-2005, 11:13 PM
He's so slow, he couldn't evade if he tried xD

Aidan
08-10-2005, 11:16 PM
because hes heavy packagae is weighing him down. i meant his sword you guys...

Pouring Rain
08-10-2005, 11:35 PM
lol. that ain't right...

Master Quan
08-10-2005, 11:51 PM
What about Auron's ultimate weapon. It has counterattack. If my Auron evades an attack he will counterattack. Although his evasion is 255. Does that make any difference?

Well, obviously not. Since 255 is the max.

Shadowdeathrose
08-11-2005, 02:52 PM
omg dumb much why da ya think it's got counter in the name guesse why to counter an enemies attcks dummie! you don't have to evade your opponent for it to counter doi!

tranvanhieu
08-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Since you already have a high-LV ability on one equipment,you can't add Low LV of same ability.
For example,can't add StoneTouch when you already have StoneStrike
Can't add Lightning Proof when you anready have Lighting Eater.
Does it goes for CA and E&CA ?

Shadowdeathrose
08-11-2005, 03:21 PM
hows tht works cuase u can get wepons with lightning eater and lighning proof on