PDA

View Full Version : Easy Guard Sources!

Peter_20
07-14-2005, 11:53 AM
You might already know about this, but IŽll tell you anyway:

First, you need the Airship and Yuffie in your party.
Equip her with the Conformer, and give her the "Master Command"-and "Mega All" Materia.
Now, head for the badlands close to Mideel and start running around (Enemy Lure is really helpful).
With luck youŽll find the Spirals (I think thatŽs their name).
Now, simply have Yuffie attack Žem all with the Morph Command.
SheŽll kill everyone, and youŽll end up with two or three Guard Sources, after one battle!
I got about 20 of them in a few minutes!
This is an incredibly useful strategy and will beef up your chars in no time!

Christmas
07-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Nice, but just something to add..

I remember those dudes in that sunken plane give different kind of sources if you kill or morph them? I couldn't remember...

Peter_20
07-14-2005, 01:02 PM
ThatŽs right, thereŽre lots of different sources "lying around" in the Gelnika Plane, not to mention the Magic Sources! :love:
Simply Morph them, my friend (Demi3 RULES at this point!) :)
However, right now I personally stick to the Power Sources ("Heavy Tank", Gongaga Reactor - 100% encounter rate!) and Guard Sources ("Spirals", close to Mideel - about 80% encounter rate), since they are the easiest ones to obtain.

Dreddz
07-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Theres one for a Power Sources as well, the Rino tank thingies you get at the Reactor where you get the Titan Summon ( its near the Gold Saucer ). Morpth them and you get a Power source

Sephitachi7
07-14-2005, 03:36 PM
if Yuffie is at a really high level and does alot of damage, the your should go to the suken genilka, every monster there morphs into a source(power, speed,etc.)

boys from the dwarf
07-14-2005, 08:45 PM
i have a question.why yuffie?

Peter_20
07-14-2005, 09:19 PM
i have a question.why yuffie?

Well, the Conformer powers up according to the enemiesŽ strength, therefore itŽs really effective against the stronger kinds of enemies, on which she usually does 9999 DMG, if sheŽs moderately strong - even while using the Morph command.

KoShiatar
07-14-2005, 09:57 PM
I didn't know this. Cool, I'll use it to beat the secret battle at the Gold Saucer ^__^

Peter_20
07-15-2005, 06:15 AM
I didn't know this. Cool, I'll use it to beat the secret battle at the Gold Saucer ^__^

YouŽre thinking right.
You rule. :)

Keep in mind though, this only seems to work with the MASTER COMMAND Materia and the MEGA All Materia.
Linking Morph and All has no effect at all.

Shadowdust
07-15-2005, 07:06 AM
*feels like stating the obivious* :p

That's because All materia is specifically meant to be linked with Magic materia. I can't remember all of the Support materia, but I seem to remember all Support materia was meant to be linked with a Magic materia. Thus the term Mega All for the Independent materia.

I don't really recommend Master Command materia. When you're doing something as repeatedly as morphing enemies it gets tedious scrolling through a list of menu commands. It's a heck of a lot easier to have one simple command to focus on which you can get with Morph materia.

And for all those who are talking about going to Gelnika to do this, it's not nearly as efficient. The only efficient thing about Gelnika is the Luck Sources that can be morphed on the first room. Otherwise, stick to the Heavy Tanks and Spirals. Of course, the Gelnika does hold some Mind Source and Magic source morphing monsters. I recommend only returning there after you've maxed out on Power and Guard Sources from Heavy Tanks and Spirals.

I agree that the Mega All is very good for group situations. It's even better when you have all three players using Morph and Mega All though. Preferably with Double or Triple slot levelling weapons until enough of these materias can be produced for the battle party. Then go ahead and grab your ultimate weapons to decimate them. Personally I don't like using ultimate weapons since they don't give materia any experience. And beings that I work towards having massive amounts of Master materias, I usually just stick with Double or Triple slot level weapons and armlets.

Peter_20
07-15-2005, 03:53 PM
YouŽre telling me the Mega-All thingy works with the simple Morph Materia too?
Yay! :)

I never knew that.
However, I never thought of the fact the Mega-All Materia actually ISNŽT a supportive kind of Materia.
Thanks a lot, dude! :love: