PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else done this?

GalufsBeard
07-14-2005, 06:37 PM
A few months ago (over winter break), three of my friends and I sat down and played to completion every "real" final fantasy game.

Between the four of us, we played and beat these 15 games in just under a week. It was a pretty crazy time, but it was a lot of fun.

I was just wondering if anyone else has done something similar and if you have any good stories to share.

Cheers.

Necronopticous
07-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Did you sleep?

kikimm
07-14-2005, 06:56 PM
I could never, ever do this. I simply cannot play games for that long. After about...4 or 5 hours, the slightest thing that goe wrong will really piss me off, and I won't be able to take it anymore.

So....no. :shifty:

:D

ZuZu
07-14-2005, 07:06 PM
My friends bought me Kingdom Hearts for me at Christmas. And I spent the whole holiday playing the game through. "have to play, have to play..."
Well, it was actually good thing because I couldn't move much. Had stiches on my stomach.

doesn't beat GalufsBeard thing :lol:

GalufsBeard
07-14-2005, 07:14 PM
We didn't sleep much. Nor did we leave the basement we were in (except to go to the bathroom).

But it was a fun time... it got a little monotonous at times, but it was great every time someone finished a game and checked it off of our list. It was an even better feeling at the end when we had finished them all (especailly because we had tried the same thing a year earlier and ran out of time without finishing all of them).

Old Manus
07-14-2005, 07:33 PM
So this is FF1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10?

GalufsBeard
07-14-2005, 07:42 PM
It was FF1 - FF10, plus X2, Tactics, Tactics Advance, Crystal Chronicles, and Mystic Quest. So, 15 games in all.

Basically we played every game that was initially released as a Final Fantasy (so the old GameBoy ones don't count), and we counted out FFXI because... well, for a lot of reasons.

Cheers.

crazybayman
07-14-2005, 08:15 PM
And thus we have the true definition of a gaming marathon.

All 15 Final Fantasies in less than a week........even between 4 of you....unreal.

I bet it was neat finding the tremendous difference between FFI and FFX :p

SeeDRankLou
07-14-2005, 08:31 PM
I got FFVIII for Christmas one year. I played solid through the first two discs, like 15 or 20 hours, stopping only for food, bathroom and a nap. So I kind of know how that is.

RedCydranth
07-14-2005, 10:01 PM
That's pretty crazy. You'd need 4 tv's, a computer, a GBA, a game cube and three playstation 2s.

FFI-III, MQ could be done quickly without problem.
FFIV-VI,CC and T, TA would be the next quickest games.
FFX and X-2 go by fairly quick too.
FFVII-IX must have been the brunt of your time, because those take quite a long time with all the crap loads of dialogue.

Congrats to you on doing that.

GalufsBeard
07-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Yup. We had 4 TVs, a laptop (for playing the rom of FFIII), another computer (for watching movies and stuff), a couple of GBAs and a bunch of systems.

I think that the longest game ended up being FFX, simply because there is no way to skip the sutscenes or make a lot of the dialogue go any faster. At least in FFVII and FFVIII you can just keep hitting X to make the dialogue go really fast. FFTA also took a long time because the team we used worked really well on most battles, but did not work well against the final boss, and we needed to do LOTS of leveling up near the end.

Cheers.

Chris
07-14-2005, 11:29 PM
I could never, ever, do such a thing.
I can max, play a game for 5 hours, after that I get really annoyed and get an urge to kill someone, just kidding... not. :(

Holy_Aeris
07-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Hmmm i dunno how long i will last??

But ya shouldn't! Its bad for you!
Aparently some kid played on it 12 hours straight, he didn't get up, go toilet, nothing. Then after 12hours of constant play, he stood up and the muscles in his legs kinda 'cracked' if ya know what i mean.
He was taken to hospital, and died there. Doc says it affected his brain, started having spasms and stuff.

So yea! You shouldn't do that!

GalufsBeard
07-15-2005, 02:53 AM
Actually, it was kind of funny because we knew the games we were playing so well, we didn't have to always be giving the game our full attention (especially while leveling up and such). So we'd all be standing or running in place while we played. Every couple of hours we'd take a quick lap around the house to make sure our muscles didn't tighten up too much. Nonetheless, it felt wierd by the end of the week when I did't have a controler in my hands.

Cheers.

Reles
07-15-2005, 03:00 AM
All I have to say is....Wow. That's amazing.

StarlightAngel
07-15-2005, 03:06 AM
A prime example of Gamerinsanityitus

crashNUMBERS
07-15-2005, 03:39 AM
Holy SMURF!! I wouldn't never be able to pull that off. Congrats...

Slade
07-15-2005, 05:10 AM
:eek:

Mo-Nercy
07-19-2005, 05:20 AM
And I wasn't invited?!?!?!!!!11101 404 :mad2: :mad2:

:)

Khaotic
07-19-2005, 05:38 AM
Sounds fun.

Rengori
07-19-2005, 05:41 AM
:bow: That's amazing. I have only beat VII and X, and those took a while.

Magaso
07-19-2005, 07:00 PM
My Friends and I gotta try that, except we dont have every ff >.<
We have DoS, CC, T, TA, VII, VIII, X and we can get Emulators of III-VI and possibly MQ
We dont have IX between the 3 of us. Unless we get that other kid.....

Aphelion
07-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Holy...I still haven't finished all the FFs (I'm missing three of those 15 FFs list) and you did it in just a week? Congrats.

I think my fastest play through must have been Xenogears. It just took me three years. :D

I beat Kingdom Hearts in 6 days (I was really having fun back then...), Final Fantasy X in 10 days (but I played 20 hours in a row once...and got sick of it, dropping it for 2 days) and Final Fantasy IX in 15 days (on school time; okay, I admit it, I loved spending the time traveling the world while riding my Chocobo...).

And those were my best records. Yeah, I suck (really, no joke). :D

fantasyjunkie
07-20-2005, 03:07 AM
wow, FFVII and VIII each took me over a month each to beat. I'm impressed. ;)

eestlinc
07-20-2005, 03:10 AM
I think I would go blind trying to do that.

Doomie
07-20-2005, 03:12 AM
I would do this too, but I have, you know, A LIFE. lolz Pretty crazy though.

Rengori
07-20-2005, 03:13 AM
A few months ago (over winter break), three of my friends and I sat down and played to completion every "real" final fantasy game.

Between the four of us, we played and beat these 15 games in just under a week. It was a pretty crazy time, but it was a lot of fun.

I was just wondering if anyone else has done something similar and if you have any good stories to share.

Cheers.

Vyk
07-20-2005, 04:09 AM
I find that hard to believe. But then, who cares if I believe you or not?

abrojtm
07-20-2005, 04:56 AM
Although unbelievable, that is really, really... strange. I've beaten all of those games that you've listed, but probably in the course of a year I try to run through most of them. At least you were with friends...

Prancing Mad
07-20-2005, 01:40 PM
I bow to you guys, I'd love to do that. Did you guys play two-players with the two-player ones? I just found another super-geek. It's awesome to play it without talking and see what your NPC (friend) does lol. We have the same battle style and tactics, so it's amazing.

I wish I could do that. Maybe when I move out haha. Play through the night, take shifts. See how fast we can go through each game, that'd be my dream. And play like as many good rpgs as possible. i.e., have someone on computer playing roms of like lufias, brainlord, BOF all that jazz.

blackchocobo9999
07-20-2005, 02:46 PM
I completed FFVII in about 5 days, but i still need to complete the others in record time!
I have completed all the ones i own, but FFVII as been my fastest
I got to FFVIII disk 4 in under 3 days, but i only had trained my Gfs and then i had to face Ultimicia (i think it was her) and everytime i used my Gfs, Rhino died!!!! :(

crashNUMBERS
07-20-2005, 04:10 PM
I find that hard to believe.

Ryudo, Zell's evil twin
07-21-2005, 09:40 AM
well ive played and completed 6 in a week alone.....ff1,ff6,ff8,ff9,ff10 and ffx-2 and a few week later i started ff2+4+5 and i was playin ffcc with some mates when they were here it was fun not going to do it again i did this in the summer when all my mates had gone on holiday not much else to do

beaglegod
07-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Man that seems like......impossible, I generaly take a very,very long time to finish a game,played FF VII for 95 hours. Im on FF VIII disk 4 clocked at 82. So I can hardly even imagine such a thing.