PDA

View Full Version : Isnt this proof xenosaga and gears are the same?

Destai
07-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Doesnt Abel and his um..."ark" appearing in the world of Xenosaga and it actually becoming a part of the storyline practically prove that theyre storylines are connected?

Winter Nights
07-14-2005, 10:48 PM
They are connected.. Xenogears is like chapter 5 or 6 of the Xenosaga story. This was stated when the first game came out. The dev team that made Xenogears for Square, went to Namco and took the series with them. Question is.. Will they remake Xenogears to go with the Xenosaga series?

Destai
07-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Question is.. Will they remake Xenogears to go with the Xenosaga series?Well if Nephilim is trying to change the duture she may be trying to preven Xenogears from happening or something alon those lines. Maybe I wasnt paying enough attention during Nephilims explanation. I need to watch that ecaphalon scene again.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-14-2005, 11:15 PM
See posts by ed and Doomgaze in this thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=56482).

edczxcvbnm
07-15-2005, 04:15 AM
Xenosaga V will be nothing like Xenogears V. They share some common things but for the most part everything is different. By now we should already be on "Earth" and Able should have been capped by Kain. We should now be venturing into the misadventure of Kim the Scientist. BUT NO! It isn't happening because the only thing really connecting the two games is vauge similarities in names and objects. That is it. Nothing more. Maybe they will throw us for a really big loop when Namco buys out squenix and then own the rights to xenogears and try to make some really have assed attempt to tie it all together but long story short.

IT IS NOT HAPPENING!

Destai
07-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Xenosaga V will be nothing like Xenogears V. They share some common things but for the most part everything is different. By now we should already be on "Earth" and Able should have been capped by Kain. We should now be venturing into the misadventure of Kim the Scientist. BUT NO! It isn't happening because the only thing really connecting the two games is vauge similarities in names and objects. That is it. Nothing more. Maybe they will throw us for a really big loop when Namco buys out squenix and then own the rights to xenogears and try to make some really have assed attempt to tie it all together but long story short.

IT IS NOT HAPPENING!The last thing I heard not even Mono themselves was too sure where the series was going because of the loss of a key writer. They could take the story anywhere and Im sure I read an announcement saying that Gears and saga share the same Universe to say the least and an important mysterious character from gears has already appeared in saga twice and is more than likely going to be a huge part of episode 3's plot with episode 2's ending (Im talking about Abel ofcourse) and Wilhelms and Nephilims similarities to Grahf and Elly are pretty large to simply be called references especially with those two characters being such mysterious and probably large parts of the series. Now I certainly dont expect to see Xenogears remade for episode 5 but I do expect some interesting connection to both stories to become clear. I meant its a huge confusing role playing game where a writer playes god, the storyline could go anywhere.

Dignified Pauper
07-15-2005, 11:22 PM
They are connected.. Xenogears is like chapter 5 or 6 of the Xenosaga story. This was stated when the first game came out. The dev team that made Xenogears for Square, went to Namco and took the series with them. Question is.. Will they remake Xenogears to go with the Xenosaga series?

I believe that the bold states it all.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-16-2005, 02:53 AM
Too bad it's completely wrong.
They are connected.. Xenogears is like chapter 5 or 6 of the Xenosaga story. This was stated when the first game came out.Here's how it was explained in Xenogears.
Episode I: Zohar is discovered and Deus is constructed.
Episode II: Abel makes Contact with Zohar, the Eldridge crashes, the Mother gives birth to Cain and the Gazel Ministry and then splits into Elly and Miang. Eventually, Cain and the Gazels kill Abel and Elly.
Episode III: Four thousand years before Episode V, the Zeboim Era takes place. Kim creates Emeralda, and then he and Elly get gunned down.
Episode IV: Fifty years before Episode V, the Solaris War occurs. Sophia sacrifices herself, Lacan and Krelian freak out.
Episode V: Ten thousand years after the crash of the Eldridge, the story of Xenogears happens.
Obviously the Xenosaga series is not matching up with this at all.

Destai
07-16-2005, 02:57 AM
Too bad it's completely wrong.
They are connected.. Xenogears is like chapter 5 or 6 of the Xenosaga story. This was stated when the first game came out.Here's how it was explained in Xenogears.
Episode I: Zohar is discovered and Deus is constructed.
Episode II: Abel makes Contact with Zohar, the Eldridge crashes, the Mother gives birth to Cain and the Gazel Ministry and then splits into Elly and Miang. Eventually, Cain and the Gazels kill Abel and Elly.
Episode III: Four thousand years before Episode V, the Zeboim Era takes place. Kim creates Emeralda, and then he and Elly get gunned down.
Episode IV: Fifty years before Episode V, the Solaris War occurs. Sophia sacrifices herself, Lacan and Krelian freak out.
Episode V: Ten thousand years after the crash of the Eldridge, the story of Xenogears happens.
Obviously the Xenosaga series is not matching up with this at all.That explains alot but is it still believed that Saga will have VI episodes?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-16-2005, 03:16 AM
I haven't heard that, but it would just be even more proof that it's a separate continuity from the Xenogears one.

edczxcvbnm
07-16-2005, 05:56 AM
That explains alot but is it still believed that Saga will have VI episodes?

That is what I said. I just didn't outline it as such.

If III is anything like the last game then there may only be 4 parts because II SUCKED!

Saga was suppose to have VI episodes but Namco(like square) keeps on smurfing with the story and stuff. Long story short go here http://www.the-ethos.org/ . They will be able to answer all of your questions with out trying. They follow the series far better than anyone here and there are still people who are trying to make some sort of connection. It is widely accepted that this series has nothing to do with gears at all any more and never really will.

EDIT: Appearantly the Ethos is still not quite up and functioning yet. Not to suprising though. I don't think the webmaster cares about the series a whole lot any more after the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif fest that was episode II.

-Advent-
07-16-2005, 09:49 AM
Actually in Pied Piper, the spinoff cell phone game explaining Ziggy's backstory, Michtam was refered to. It may be the case that Xenosaga won't tie in directly to Xenogears but may be occuring alongside it since after Episode 3 there would be a time jump.

Destai
07-16-2005, 01:23 PM
That explains alot but is it still believed that Saga will have VI episodes?

That is what I said. I just didn't outline it as such.

If III is anything like the last game then there may only be 4 parts because II SUCKED!

Saga was suppose to have VI episodes but Namco(like square) keeps on smurfing with the story and stuff. Long story short go here http://www.the-ethos.org/ . They will be able to answer all of your questions with out trying. They follow the series far better than anyone here and there are still people who are trying to make some sort of connection. It is widely accepted that this series has nothing to do with gears at all any more and never really will.

EDIT: Appearantly the Ethos is still not quite up and functioning yet. Not to suprising though. I don't think the webmaster cares about the series a whole lot any more after the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif fest that was episode II.Thanks for the site, I have yet to run throught it but Im already looking forward to it. Again Abels appearance in both worlds and the resemblance to some very important characters seems too big for a reference so Id believe theyre in the same universe at least.