PDA

View Full Version : What should i choose???

Markus. D
07-15-2005, 05:14 AM
i recently hired 4 of the 6 cowboy bepop volumes, and i got through the first one.

im looking for another action type one for future referance.

so far vampire hunter d looks good, aswell as rurouni kenshin.

can anyone reccomend any?

Phil
07-15-2005, 05:22 AM
Kenshin

kikimm
07-15-2005, 06:08 AM
Vampire Hunter D is so awesome. I was a bit skeptical of it at first, but it's got some really cool scenes in it, very well made. In my opinion. But I say go for it.

Rurouni Kenshin is pretty good too, but I think Trigun is better. You might like that. Or you could check out Samurai Champloo.

Ah, anime.

:D

eestlinc
07-15-2005, 06:10 AM
the other two cowboy bebop volumes

fire_of_avalon
07-15-2005, 07:04 AM
the other two cowboy bebop volumes
And Vampire Hunter D. Both of the films are very pretty for their time period, but you might not like the first, which was made in the year I was born.

Markus. D
07-15-2005, 03:34 PM
yes, im getting the other two regardless, im heading towards picking up samurai champloo (i dought i will be able to find it) and vampire hunter d.

ThroneofDravaris
07-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Well, you could watch Evangelion and just tune in each time they use the word ‘Angel’.

Don’t watch Hellsing though, the action is like watching Vampire Hunter D in slow motion…

Spammerman
07-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Trigun
Inuyasha
FullMetal Alchemist
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO
Ruroini Kenshin

Markus. D
07-16-2005, 01:46 AM
Well, you could watch Evangelion and just tune in each time they use the word ‘Angel’.

Don’t watch Hellsing though, the action is like watching Vampire Hunter D in slow motion…

we get hardly any anime broadcasting on tv.

and ive seen the evegalions (neon gennises), very good. :)

krissy
07-16-2005, 02:00 AM
finish bebop then watch trigun

ThroneofDravaris
07-16-2005, 02:45 AM

we get hardly any anime broadcasting on tv.

and ive seen the evegalions (neon gennises), very good. :)

Broadcast? You mean you don’t buy the DVD’s? SO much easier than waiting for it to come on TV/downloading it.

Peegee
07-16-2005, 02:52 AM
Anime is anime. Just watch movies -- they are two hours long and not a big investment in both money and time.

ThroneofDravaris
07-16-2005, 04:12 AM
Anime is anime. Just watch movies -- they are two hours long and not a big investment in both money and time.

But Anime movies have a tendency to suck. Ghost in the Shell, Blood: The Last Vampire, Armitage, they all suck. Even some of the productions of Studio Ghibli are sub par. Although, you do tend to get a few that are really good, like Akira, End of Evangelion (ok, technically not a movie, but still), Perfect Blue and Princess Mononoke, there is about 100 volumes of crap for every gem.

Stick to the series’, they tend to be far more reliable. And if you’re not willing to spend your entire life watching this crap, you’re not really an Anime fan are you….?

Mo-Nercy
07-16-2005, 04:52 AM
I think Hellsing's pretty good. Cowboy Bebop rawks (the Cowboy Bebop movie rawks too)

Kenshin fo' sure. FMP2 counts as action, yeah? *remembers the dojo fight* :D