PDA

View Full Version : Gungrave

Mercen-X
07-15-2005, 05:23 AM
The history of Beyond the Grave reminds me of the story of Turks agent, Vincent Valentine. If you've never watched the anime Gungrave, you should. The game sucks so much you might discard your faith in humanity, but I think the show rocks.

Here's the gist that lines up with VV:
Brandon Heat is an excellent fighter. Upon joining Millennion's "Sweeper" group, True Grave, Brandon becomes an adept marksman. While following his heart and his duty, he is killed by a traitor to the Organization. He is then made into a freak through Necrolization. He sleeps to atone but finds deeper redemption in the pursuit of justice and vengeance.
Main difference: Brandon Heat loses his memories when he becomes Grave.

-N-
07-15-2005, 08:50 AM
Gungrave really doesn't remind me at all of Vincent Valentine, but I agree that it's a pretty cool anime. It was based off a videogame, which is why it feels too much like a videogame, but the last couple of episodes form one of the most well-constructed pieces of storytelling I have ever experienced.

XxSephirothxX
07-15-2005, 09:03 AM
I thought the game was based on the show. Hum. Oh well. I only saw one episode, and for some reason I didn't like it, mostly because of the dub, probably, but if I got the DVDs I'd probably enjoy the show.