PDA

View Full Version : The NHL is back!

Strider
07-15-2005, 06:16 AM
So the NHL finally reached a new deal. Hurray!

Now, the question is... do you care anymore about hockey? I know I do.

Hawkeye
07-15-2005, 06:24 AM
I'm not really into hockey, but you're talking to a guy who lives in the desert, so that aint saying much

Tidus5
07-15-2005, 06:25 AM
Hoo Rah! Go Redwings!

eestlinc
07-15-2005, 06:26 AM
i saw that, and it's good. the stanley cup playoffs are fun to watch and it's sad when labor issues cause work stoppages.

fire_of_avalon
07-15-2005, 06:50 AM
Nope. Loved going to games, and still love playing field hockey. Just done with the drama 4eva

Leeza
07-15-2005, 07:08 AM
I care, but not as much as I used to. It's actually been kind of nice not having to sit in front of the TV watching all of those hockey games.

Del Murder
07-15-2005, 07:14 AM
No, but I never cared in the first place. :)

Devourment
07-15-2005, 10:53 AM
No, but I never cared in the first place.

squareSOFT
07-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Mabe the Jets can come back now!

edczxcvbnm
07-19-2005, 04:46 PM
I don't care and I didn't before hand either. NHL sucks for hockey. AHL is better and cheaper and they didn't go on strike.

crazybayman
07-19-2005, 04:58 PM
I don't care and I didn't before hand either. NHL sucks for hockey. AHL is better and cheaper and they didn't go on strike.
are you high or something? :p

We had an AHL team here until now - the Baby Leafs (Toronto's farm team, for those hockey illiterate peopl). The hockey is pretty good, but nothing compared to the NHL.

Granted, it is cheaper, and they don't go on strike. However most of the players are washed up and will never suit for the NHL, or are young, and still developing.

The baby Leafs are moving to TO this fall, so now we have a major junior team for the QMJHL, and I bet that'll be better hockey.

Anyways, a grand hurrah for the NHL's return. I missed my yahoo fantasy league almost as much as the Stanley Cup Playoffs!!

From the looks of this poll, its not hard to say what nationality the majority of people here are :p

edczxcvbnm
07-19-2005, 05:08 PM
We have a good team in chicago. The Wolves and they kick ass compared to the loser ass Black Hawks. The wolves could easily beat the Black Hawks in a game of Hockey. I think it depends on where you go and what teams you see as to what you consider better.

crazybayman
07-19-2005, 05:22 PM
We have a good team in chicago. The Wolves and they kick ass compared to the loser ass Black Hawks. The wolves could easily beat the Black Hawks in a game of Hockey. I think it depends on where you go and what teams you see as to what you consider better.
Ahh........I hate to disagree with you, man, but the Wolves ARE a farm team (of the NHL's Atlanta Thrashers and Florida Panthers?), meaning the team is comprised of players who weren't good enough to make an NHL lineup. Realistically, they'd get creamed by any NHL team. The Blackhawks have the likes of Tuomo Ruutu, Jocelyn Thibault, etc, players who are way above the AHL.

They are a good AHL team though. Didn't they go to the Calder Cup Finals this year? They do have some great young talent, many will one day make the big league, like Braydon Coburn, Stephen Weiss, and Jay Bouwmeester

Now that the lockout is over, and a salary cap will be implemented, the Blackhawks may have a much more competitive team, as the salary cap will spread the talent out across the NHL, and not just to the teams with the most money. Just wait and see who the Blackhawks sign in the coming weeks/month........now that player salaries will decrease by at least 24%, and they will be able to afford higher end players.

Doomie
07-19-2005, 05:35 PM

I was about to say wrong sport until I realized you were talking about Winnipeg. :p

YAYsors. Time to watch and root for every Canadian team except for Toronto.

edczxcvbnm
07-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Maybe me not being a huge hockey fan also has something to do with it. I don't think anyone likes the Blackhawks. I know a lot of people from chicago don't like them and it is our team. I still stand by the Wolves could beat the Hawks.

crazybayman
07-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Hopefully!

Hopefully one of those small-market southern teams where nobody knows what hockey is will decide to move to another city. Winnipeg will be a great location, especially with the salary cap in place, so they can afford some elite players.

ZuZu
07-19-2005, 05:45 PM
I watch hockey but not NHL :shifty:
I'm more interested about Finnish hockey and World Champion games

Oh, and Go Kärpät! :D

Eternal Sphere
07-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Hockey just takes time away from other sports (mainly baseball and basketball).

crazybayman
07-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Which is a GOOD thing. :)

I still stand by the Wolves could beat the Hawks.
:lol:

Strider
07-19-2005, 06:06 PM
You know why that is, ed.

It's because the guy who owns the Blackhawks is the cheapest (and therefore, the worst) owner in all of sports. It's like... Donald Sterling and Vince Naimoli combined.

Eternal Sphere
07-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Which is a GOOD thing. :)
Let me think about that . . . no. :D

Dreddz
07-19-2005, 10:05 PM
I aint never watched it, but I like the Mighty Ducks Movies, so I voted yes

Kirobaito
07-19-2005, 10:23 PM
I do care. I'm happy.