PDA

View Full Version : Question!

BahamutZer0
07-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Alright, I'm wanting to know if I'll be able to play FFXI comfortably (with goodies turned down and graphics on medium/low) and not enounter lag.

Here are my system specs:

850Mhz Processor
256 SD Ram
Nvidia GeForce 4 MX440 64 mb
Cable
and Windows XP

I know I do have minimum requirements but out of experience, do you guys think I'll be able to run FFXI nicely? (but with graphics and resolutions low)

Oh also, are there "time cards" for FFXI? Because my parents hate using their credit cards..

UltimateSpamGrover
07-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Alright, I'm wanting to know if I'll be able to play FFXI comfortably (with goodies turned down and graphics on medium/low) and not enounter lag.

Here are my system specs:

850Mhz Processor
256 SD Ram
Nvidia GeForce 4 MX440 64 mb
Cable
and Windows XP

I have somewhat-minimum requirements, you'll be able to play the game smoothly.:)

Oh also, are there "time cards" for FFXI? Because my parents hate using their credit cards..

There are no time cards for XI.

BahamutZer0
07-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Really? So... you play the game with a PC like mine, and you play it smoothly? Sweet!

Awh! No time cards? Well! Time to start sucking up! :D

Rostum
07-15-2005, 10:52 PM
You'd be best off getting some more RAM. I mean, a new graphics card, better processor and all that would be great, but I'd just focus on a bit more RAM seeing as you can get it cheap these days.

You'll notice a hell of a lot of difference.

BahamutZer0
07-16-2005, 12:58 AM
Alright! So, say, upgrade my 256 SD to 512? Would that make a difference?

Oh, um. I'm 15 years old and I don't have a Credit Card or anything, but is there a way I could use my Debit card? My folks said they'd be ok with it if I used my Debit card...

Garland
07-16-2005, 01:50 AM
I pay with a debit card. You'll be fine in that regard. SE just wants money. They make it really easy to pay them. They automatically deduct the appropriate fee at the beginning of each month. You won't get a paper reciept of payment, but before accessing POL, you'll get an extra screen asking if you want to view the payment results. I looked it over the first two times, but now it's just one more screen I've gotta click past to get to the game.

BahamutZer0
07-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Well, I read it says you have to have the Master Card logo on your Debit card.. well I don't have one... can I still use my Debit card without Master Card logo?

Lionx
07-16-2005, 05:16 AM
https://www.epassporte.com/secure/finalfantasy.cgi

Epassport

But only if you live outside of USA.

I say RAM is more important, however a 1GHZ upgrade is good as well.

BahamutZer0
07-16-2005, 05:50 AM
Argh! I live in Canada! And the only way I can do it without a Visa or Mastercard is by paying in pounds or something!

Is there ANY other way I can play FFXI?

Aw man! C'mon PSO! Consider the young'uns who wanna play, but have parents who wont let them use their Visa or Master Card!

Roogle
07-16-2005, 07:38 AM
The processor is very important, too, I have a 1.2 GHz AMD Athlon processor with a gigabyte of RAM, and the game never runs smoothly for me.

It's playable, but it's not like, "Oh, everything's so smooth and I'm just rolling along like a tumbleweed!" A friend of mine has this problem as well, and when we both experience it, we try to find a new location to take our parties.

BahamutZer0
07-16-2005, 07:51 AM
Hmm... well... I know I'll be able to run it once I upgrade.. but can someone PLEASE tell me if there is an alternative to using Visa and/or MAster Card?

Lionx
07-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Debit card..?

BahamutZer0
07-16-2005, 09:16 AM
I can use... my regular debit card. Just my regular debit card.. the one you get when your a kid... to pay for FFXI? REALLY?

Roogle
07-16-2005, 01:34 PM
Yes, as long as it's with Mastercard or Visa. If it's just with your local bank and has no national affiliations with those companies, I don't think it can be processed by PlayOnline.

BahamutZer0
07-16-2005, 05:12 PM
... please try to read the posts above. I said I CANNOT use Master Card of Visa....

*SigH*... I hate PSO..

Roogle
07-17-2005, 10:46 AM
... please don't act like I didn't read it. It doesn't change what I said.

I really don't think the PlayOnline processing takes debit cards that aren't affiliated with Mastercard or Visa, so I think you're out of luck unless you call PlayOnline up and ask about the specific card.

lordblazer
07-17-2005, 02:47 PM
same reqs. as mines you should play finely.But i turned mines all the way down so i wouldn't get in battle lag and less lag fromt he garrison events.(mages)