PDA

View Full Version : Ezel

RecoilXxX
07-16-2005, 03:02 AM
Whats he good for? He only has 2 spells. And i cant find any items that he can use wich will give him more. Im sorta a newb at this game please help.

omnitarian
07-16-2005, 03:21 AM
He can't get any more spells. He's just plain ol' worthless.

Skyblade
07-16-2005, 05:14 AM
Well, Azoth is ok, but basically, yeah, by the time you get him, he's worthless.

Notes on the limited utility of Ezel Berbier and Babus Swain:
These two characters, while awesome in the storyline, are distinctly limited in their use during the game. As mentioned in the thread on Ezel, he has only two spells, and only four abilities total: Azoth, Astra, Block Arrows, and Weapon Atk+. At level 50, his stats for me were:
HP 306
MP 114
Atk 385
Def 375
Pow 668
Res 648
Speed 139
Now, while his magic stats are godlike when compared to most other characters, what good do they do? He has no attack magic at all, so the 668 Pow is totally useless. Combine that with the fact that his attack and speed are pathetic, and you get one of the game's most useless characters.

Babus isn't much better. While he has more available spells than Ezel, he still suffers from the extreme lack of customization available to most of your characters. Explode is his best attack spell, and it is essentially a slightly pumped up Firaga. Stillness is basically the same as Stop. Quarter and Demi are nice, but I find them a pain to use, especially since they don't kill enemies. Counter is a pretty good R-Ability, but his attack leaves something to be desired. Weapon Def+ is a nice support ability, but not good enough to make him a worthwhile character. At level 50 his stats are (for me):
HP 390
MP 489
Atk 559
Def 343
Pow 526
Res 435
Speed 162
A more rounded character than Ezel, Babus actually has a decent attack. He also has much better MP than Ezel does, and makes a fairly decent character. Nevertheless, being forced to stick to a single job with limited abilities and no combo takes its toll, and Babus is likely to join Ezel on the sidelines. It's a shame, really. The two characters have a lot of potential, but they are doomed to obscurity by the very things that make them unique. The abilities that these characters have are not enough to overcome the fact that they are the only abilities these characters have. Square Enix should have thought these guys over a little more, in my opinion.

I'll be back later to edit this to include my opinion of Cid, the third character unable to jobchange.

RecoilXxX
07-16-2005, 04:01 PM
Well, Azoth is ok, but basically, yeah, by the time you get him, he's worthless.

These two characters, while awesome in the storyline, are distinctly limited in their use during the game. As mentioned in the thread on Ezel, he has only two spells, and only four abilities total: Azoth, Astra, Block Arrows, and Weapon Atk+. At level 50, his stats for me were:
HP 306
MP 114
Atk 385
Def 375
Pow 668
Res 648
Speed 139
Now, while his magic stats are godlike when compared to most other characters, what good do they do? He has no attack magic at all, so the 668 Pow is totally useless. Combine that with the fact that his attack and speed are pathetic, and you get one of the game's most useless characters.

Babus isn't much better. While he has more available spells than Ezel, he still suffers from the extreme lack of customization available to most of your characters. Explode is his best attack spell, and it is essentially a slightly pumped up Firaga. Stillness is basically the same as Stop. Quarter and Demi are nice, but I find them a pain to use, especially since they don't kill enemies. Counter is a pretty good R-Ability, but his attack leaves something to be desired. Weapon Def+ is a nice support ability, but not good enough to make him a worthwhile character. At level 50 his stats are (for me):
HP 390
MP 489
Atk 559
Def 343
Pow 526
Res 435
Speed 162
A more rounded character than Ezel, Babus actually has a decent attack. He also has much better MP than Ezel does, and makes a fairly decent character. Nevertheless, being forced to stick to a single job with limited abilities and no combo takes its toll, and Babus is likely to join Ezel on the sidelines. It's a shame, really. The two characters have a lot of potential, but they are doomed to obscurity by the very things that make them unique. The abilities that these characters have are not enough to overcome the fact that they are the only abilities these characters have. Square Enix should have thought these guys over a little more, in my opinion.

I'll be back later to edit this to include my opinion of Cid, the third character unable to jobchange.
Oh wow, thank you for theis information. Wasnt expecting to get such an answer.

Skyblade
08-15-2005, 08:27 AM

HP 306
MP 114
Atk 385
Def 375
Pow 668
Res 648
Speed 139

HP 390
MP 489
Atk 559
Def 343
Pow 526
Res 435
Speed 162

Oh wow, thank you for theis information. Wasnt expecting to get such an answer.

You must not have hung around this forum that long. ;)

Since this is dying, I figured I would include my notes on Cid. In terms of his stats and equipment, he is essentially a Paladin. While this means that he can't move far, it also means that he has an excellent attack, and the ability to equip excellent weapons/armor.

Now, as to his abilities.

Yellow Clip: For 8 MP, removes a Yellow Card from the character it is used on. What else needs to be said?

Abate: For 32 MP, casts "Stop" on the Judge, preventing him from calling you on infractions until it wears off (which can take a while, especially with a group of fast characters). The only downside is that the judge can't give you JP while he's Stopped.

Judge Sword: Damages the opponent, and steals JP from them as well. No MP cost. This JP can either be used to fuel the Totema (Cid, being a human, can use the powerful Mateus), or used in his next ability, JP Gift.

JP Gift: Gives half of Cid's current JP to an adjacent ally.

Bind: (16 MP)Disable and Immobilize to a single opponent, 3 square range.

Though Cid only has five abilities as well, his five are enough to make him a must have for any party. Do you hate laws? Yellow Clip and Abate can make them nothing more than a bad memory. Do you love JP? Judge Sword and JP Gift are excellent for making sure all your characters are able to dish out Totemas and Combos as often as possible. Like beating the crud out of your opponents without them being able to do anything except watch in utter horror? Bind will do that for you. Do you hate it when the enemy uses Demi, Quarter, and other such moves on you? Cid is inherently immune to such attacks!!! Just make sure you equip Cid with Ninja Tabi/Dash Boots to compensate for his poor movement and hand him a knightsword to watch him cut through the enemy using powerful physical attacks and Mateus as Judge Sword fills up his JP. Or, have him focus on negating those pesky laws and freezing your enemies in place for easy elimination. Finally! A secret character worth using!

This advertisement for Cid, the game's one and only Judgemaster, has been brought to you by Skyblade, the resident FFTA master. Have a nice day.

tailz
08-15-2005, 12:28 PM
This advertisement for Cid, the game's one and only Judgemaster, has been brought to you by Skyblade, the resident FFTA master. Have a nice day.

your in over it sky :p but yes ezel and babus are worthless cid can be good

Skyblade
08-15-2005, 05:40 PM

your in over it sky :p but yes ezel and babus are worthless cid can be good

Oh, c'mon. I make comments like that and you're still depressed?! What happened to your sense of humor?

tailz
08-15-2005, 07:27 PM
dude i just lost every friend i had in the last week i have the right to be depresed right ?

but my comment was also ment to be funny

Skyblade
08-16-2005, 01:15 AM
dude i just lost every friend i had in the last week i have the right to be depresed right ?

but my comment was also ment to be funny

You don't consider me a friend? ...I'm hurt...

tailz
08-16-2005, 09:59 AM
i mean my friends that live near me of course i consider you a friend :)

Skyblade
08-25-2005, 07:25 AM
Oh, yes, I almost forgot, my stats for a level 50 Judgemaster:

HP: 523
MP: 78
Atk: 570
Def: 636
Pow: 373
Res: 535
Speed: 178

Better speed and attack than both of the other secret characters, but still not as fast as most of my physical attackers. A really exellent defensive capability, and decent Resistance as well.

Terran
09-11-2005, 08:55 PM
the closest i have to level 50 is my level 40 Montblanc my Black mage/gadgeteer... I seem pretty weak compared to Skyblade.

Skyblade
09-11-2005, 09:23 PM
the closest i have to level 50 is my level 40 Montblanc my Black mage/gadgeteer... I seem pretty weak compared to Skyblade.

Everyone does, don't take it personally. :D

Terran
09-11-2005, 09:29 PM

I'll try not too :D whats the max level anyway? is it 50?

Skyblade
09-11-2005, 11:17 PM

I'll try not too :D whats the max level anyway? is it 50?

Yes.

Western Paladin
08-16-2006, 05:40 AM
I have my killsquad, and they are on par with skyblade's forces, or close enough for it not to make much of a difference, so not everyone is a weakling here. I also laughed long and hard at your litle advertisement for Cid, and I can't wait to get him. He's gonna be a "neat" little support character.

What would you say is your best character, skyblade?

tailz
08-16-2006, 09:09 AM
probably one of his many assasins

and dont get too excited about cid hes not that good, true he has some good abilities but his stats arent all that good. and lets not forget he only has 3 panel walk range, and its not worth giving him a ninja tabi if you only have one.

oh and sky i think i stand a pretty good change against you. your not the only maxed out here :D

Western Paladin
08-17-2006, 02:00 AM
assassins are good against computers, but I have people that are an actual pain to face for a human strategist. More fun that way. And What is your little 4-man squad of doom? (you could post a 6-man squad if you want, but thats too many people on the field at once for me. Everything feels cluttered when there are more than 7 units on the field.)

Nominus Experse
08-17-2006, 05:47 AM
I never found any of the secret characters to be of any real use except for Shara and Little Villi, both of which are not the "super secret" characters like Ezel, Babus, and Cid. It's sad, really, that they would limit these special classes so much by not allowing anyone to customize them via mastering new abilities. The greatest blow is their sickeningly inability to gain a combo. Couple this with a horrid Speed stat, and a common low Move stat... *sigh

It's better simply to create uber-awesome god characters from scratch, traveling along the rungs of particular classes so that your team grows as you wish it to.

Takes some planning, and some patience, but in the end, having a character with 600 to 680 stats for many things, save for speed which is nigh impossible to get over 270, is well worth it (this is counting equiped items).

Monster Hunt
08-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Ezel is one of those characters you taunt your friends with... he's basically for show. But if you get desperate just equip him with a cactus mace and all- he might be able to do something.

Azoth is sometimes useful (looking on the bright side)- That can disable Reaction abilities and give you enough time to set up a might good strategy or combo.

Another this is that while your enemies are asleep, you can disable, immobilize, blind and such the opponent.

But in the end after I sounded like I took his side, to me- he's not a really specky character... he's in my clan for show.

Western Paladin
08-17-2006, 11:17 PM
ezel sucks. he does. i can get a blue mage, and if I hand out fortune rings to everyone, then I use the night ability, I got azoth right there. the rings keep night from hitting my people, and it just does it's magic on the enemies, and since it's a blue-mage using it, there's likely alot of other useful abilities hiding in his meager little frame, like Angel's Whisper or Bad Breath. Fear the bad breath! so I repeat, ezel sucks.

Fireblade13
08-29-2006, 08:47 PM
Azoth is cool when you couple it with an all or nothing move. I got up to having Ritz and Ezel before accidently deleting my game :sob: . I had Lini the awesome Knight/juggler lvl 43 and a Summoner/ele lvl 42. The rest wer at least 39. Now i'm rebuilding with more emphasis on making my viera a assasin instead. I like having at least on of every race plus maybe another from something like the other bangaa line or a Human or maybe i'll still get another summoner. But yeah i never used ezel although he's okay if all you wanna do is just stop may opponents completely. Ritz felt wrong as now all you have is Fencer moves and so ur stuck having to try and get an assasin. My friend bought the game with a far file that had all 300 complete with cid just owning those judges. I had over 150 misions complete and 90 hours clocked in when i deleted :sob: