PDA

View Full Version : Pulled over by a cop Whilst walking.

ShunNakamura
07-16-2005, 04:34 AM
Yep you heard it. The cop stoped me while walking up to our local carry out to get a snack.

The story goes-
I was walking up my street with a freind who was going to wait at the corner for his mom. I waited with him. His mom comes around, pulls over to let him in. He says he'll drive(he gots his permit and needs the hours). Anyways I had started to continue on my way when one of the local blue boys came around the corner. He stopped beside me and turned on those flood light things under the siren(those things really hurt your eyes.. crimini). He asked me if I knew those people(refering to my freind),name, age(18) and where I was going ... for the most part I wasn't worried, after all I hadn't done anything.

The answer to where I was going was walking to the carryout. The moment I said I was walking to the carryout he fired out a lot of questions about whether I had been drinking whether my freind had been drinking etc.. I got a bit iffed here... hell the smell of alcohol can make me sick why would I drink it! He then asked me why the van had been pulled over.. (uhh.. because his mother was picking him up perhaps?).

ghh... not to mention he never turned off the darned light, so I have no clue who it even was. Mom got a kick out of it though.. she suspects it was cause I have long hair and was walking instead of driving.... gah... annoyed me.

TheAbominatrix
07-16-2005, 04:37 AM
That happens to me on a very regular basis. I get the light shined in my eyes, the usual "Where are you going, where are you coming from, why are you out, have you been drinking?" routine, and usually have to bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif for a while until they get tired of it and leave. I assume it's because of the way I dress.

faster skating penguin
07-16-2005, 04:38 AM
RUNNIN FRUM DA PO~LICE

ShunNakamura
07-16-2005, 04:49 AM
Heh... first time for me. And the thing is we are in small town so I can generally recognize our cops.. this guys voice was unfamiliar so I am guessing he was the new guy who had hurt my freind the last time.. meaning he could be prone to violence.. ah well, my mother is now in the "we should talk to the chef about this" stage :eek:

Mitch
07-16-2005, 05:31 AM
It's because of your hair. Trust me, people make so many judgements on hair.

XxSephirothxX
07-16-2005, 05:34 AM
That's a pretty odd story. I'd look on the bright side--at least you hadn't done anything wrong and didn't get accused of doing anything you hadn't.

Big D
07-16-2005, 06:04 AM
I'd love to reply to that kind of interrogation by saying things that are dumb, but not quite illegal.

Officer: "Where are you going?"

Me: (in hillbilly voice) "Yeehaw! I'm gonna go meet mah uncle Cletus then we're gonna go get us some mighty fine roadkill! We be eatin' good tonight!"

or

Officer: "What are you doing out at this hour?"

Me: (in mysterious, somber, moody voice) "What would I not be doing out at this hour? Your question implies there is some place better to be... that I could fulfil some kind of... purpose... were I not here. Do you suppose that this is true? Is it your belief that there truly is some meaning to our lives, some place we are destined to be and a task we must each complete? I cannot be sure. There is sadness in the world. Emptiness and pain. I walk. I avoid the stagnation of inaction. I search... but for what? Even I cannot say. All I know is that it is better to wander. And to await whatever comes. There is no driving force to keep me at home. No meaning to idle existence. Now ask me again... 'what am I doing out at this hour?'"

Tidus5
07-16-2005, 06:08 AM
How about this story? I was on a vacation to Tennessee and the hotel I was staying at was near a cool weapons shop that was going out of business. Anyway, I walked over there and bought a katana and a blow gun and was walking back to my hotel which was literally 30 feet away when cops pull up beside me. They gave me this crap about some kind of weapons violation and said there had been reports of kids shooting at car tires with blow guns. Long story short, I got pissed, told them to :skull5: :skull5: :skull5: :skull5: off and was sitting in the backseat going to the station 10 minutes later. My parents had to come down and they were furious. I got my stuff back though....

I definatley think that the reason they stopped in the first place is because I have long hair.

Kihaku
07-16-2005, 06:33 AM
haha Big D I actually did reply like that before (the second reply you made) but, I was cut off halfways when the cop grabbed the alcoholic beverage from my hand and asked "thought you werent drinking?".

Big D
07-16-2005, 07:20 AM
They gave me this crap about some kind of weapons violation and said there had been reports of kids shooting at car tires with blow guns.You were carrying a sword and a blow-gun in public, so they were within their rights to be suspicious, especially if there really had been an incident as they described. In those circumstances, it's better to co-operate and prove that you're not a threat.

Just had a thought... this would be cool if your cop is a really hardcore nerd:

Cop: "Where are you going?"

Me: "I AM ON THE WAY TO DESTRUCTION"

Cop: "What?"

Me: "I GET SINGAL. ALL MY BASE ARE BELONG TO HIM."

Cop: "Now, look here..."

Me: "IN AD 2100 WAR WAS BEGINNING."

Cop: (into radio) "Backup, please..."

Me: "I HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE MY TIME. TAKE OFF EVERY 'ZIG'!"

Cop: *pepper spray*

Me: (clutching face in agony) "SOMEBODY SET ME UP THE BOMB!"

Meat Puppet
07-16-2005, 07:45 AM
I just drop a mentos.

TheAbominatrix
07-16-2005, 07:51 AM
They gave me this crap about some kind of weapons violation and said there had been reports of kids shooting at car tires with blow guns.You were carrying a sword and a blow-gun in public, so they were within their rights to be suspicious, especially if there really had been an incident as they described. In those circumstances, it's better to co-operate and prove that you're not a threat.

That's hilarious!

A friend of ours got lucky once... he was pulled over and he did the Jedi Mind Trick hand-wave and said "You don't want to give me a ticket." lucky for him the cop was a Star Wars fan.

My boyfriend is really good at coming up with stuff like that on the fly. Once when he and a friend were changing a tire, a cop was on them, watching them at all, and they have no idea what they're doing (and Paul, the passenger at the time, was drunk) and the jack ends up falling and the car slams down, and Paul says "Jesus Christ, and I thought getting rid of bodies was hard." or something like that. Got the cop pretty pissed, but it was rather funny.

Strider
07-16-2005, 08:10 AM
"Please pull over."

"We're already pulled over! We can't pull over anymore!"

Yamaneko
07-16-2005, 08:14 AM
I just drop a mentos.
:up:

Tidus5
07-16-2005, 09:49 AM
I have a friend who pulled the whole "I'm speeding because I have diarrhea" trick. When he saw the cops lights he splashed his face with a bottle of water and held his breath to make his face red. The crazy thing is that it worked. He said that all he had to do was let out a couple of moans and the cop was like, "son you need to get yourself to a toilet quick". I wish i could have been there.

Peegee
07-16-2005, 10:03 AM
That happens to me on a very regular basis. I get the light shined in my eyes, the usual "Where are you going, where are you coming from, why are you out, have you been drinking?" routine, and usually have to bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif for a while until they get tired of it and leave. I assume it's because of the way I dress.

pics? I get that too in Hong Kong because I don't dress look or act like regular Chinese folk (iow I'm crude, rude, and cover my face with hoodies) o noes.

Devourment
07-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Gah, silly Ecilop.

Dreddz
07-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Happens to me all the time, Ive been stopped around estates with friends alot, Most of the time, its due to us looking dodgy, Im not a dodgy person, but the clothes in which you wear ( hoody, cap ) makes them stop you. I got searched once for god sake, also, I was in a crowd one time, and a couple of police officers stopped us, and said that the crowd we were in had to seperate, they said that a large crowd of people may intimidate others around you.
I also got questioned for a robbery that went on, I was let go as I wasnt the person, but it ticks me off

TheAbominatrix
07-16-2005, 10:27 AM
pics?

You've seen plenty!

Old Manus
07-16-2005, 10:37 AM
I am the law!

Little Miss Awesome
07-16-2005, 11:10 AM
There was a fire next to my house once so my friends dragged me down to see what was going on, and we were standing there watching and the police came and asked us if we knew who did it, obviously we didn't! My friend later said even if she did know she wouldn't have told him because she'd probably be killed!
That's the only time the police have ever asked me anything really, apart from when one came into our primary school and asked us to draw a criminal :cool:

Winter Nights
07-16-2005, 11:22 AM
I actually had a cop tell me that I shouldn't be drinking Mt. Dew while driving, that it could be worse than alcohol. Stranger still, I heard him chatting with his partner when they were calling dispatch to run my license.. He was completely serious. O_o

Rye
07-16-2005, 11:45 AM

If someone video tapes that, I'll worship them forever. xD

-N-
07-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Frickin' popo's, up to no good. :down:

Peegee
07-16-2005, 12:29 PM
pics?

You've seen plenty!

I don't actually frequent your GJ or LJ or whatever J you have.

So no.

Pics?

Halifax Housewife
07-16-2005, 06:00 PM
no need to be worried.. if you have no drugs on you and you're not doing anything illegal, then that cop can go screw himself.

Sin Magnum
07-16-2005, 06:08 PM
most of the cops in my town are scum. speed traps 24/7. when i get my truck im gonna have a radar detector in it

TheAbominatrix
07-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Yeah, what total assholes, ya know, not letting people break the law. You're speeding because you enjoy it, and because of this you put everyone around you in danger. The cops are well within their rights to ticket you for it.

And PG, shuddap! xD

Shoeberto
07-17-2005, 12:18 AM
"Hey, my tax money goes to pay for your Policeman's Balls!"

I got pulled over once for riding my bike on the wrong side of the road. I was seven. It scarred me.

Dreddz
07-17-2005, 07:59 AM
I dont actually mind Police ( or cops in weird old America ) but its those damn Traffic Wardens that get on the end of my nipples

Madame Adequate
07-17-2005, 12:45 PM
I like when I hear about traffic wardens ticketing fire engines or ambulences and such.

I've never been stopped by cops, though one time when a bunch of us were hanging out we got talked to, nothing serious though, just asked to move away a bit from the store we were in front of, which was fair enough really because there were like 20 of us.

Chewbacca
07-17-2005, 06:45 PM
I got pulled over with about 5 of my friends last week, and being the intellectuals that we are, we were carrying beers down the street(walking down a small street to the bars... I dunno, we just thought taking a beer each was a smart decision). Somehow we got off though.

Jess
07-17-2005, 10:20 PM
I get stopped by the police quite alot on Fridays and Saturdays, usually just to ask where we are going, checking up on me and my friends, or to ask us how we are, as all the cops around here are regular so we've gotten to know them.

bennator
07-18-2005, 06:48 PM
I once got pulled over for "driving too close to the curb." The cop thought I was drunk or something, it was kinda scary because I had gotten my liscense about 2 weeks earlier. I just got a warning, though.

Sephex
07-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah, last time I got pulled over was on the way home from my friends house around 2 a.m. or something. I got out of it, but the first question the cop asked me if I was drinking. Most cops assume you have been drinking if your out that late, though.

edczxcvbnm
07-18-2005, 08:09 PM
Last time I got pulled over was for making an illegal U-Turn. Of all the things. I blast 90 down the highway all the time and I get pulled over for that. I got out of it because I pulled over before the cops even put on the lights. I seriously did not see the sign till half way thru the turn. It would have been more dangerous to not follow thru.

DragonflyLex
07-19-2005, 12:24 AM
I've only been pulled over once. Which sucked.

I was on my way to Sephex's house and I had just got off the tollway.
The cop got me for 19 over the speed limit, which I really think it wasn't that much at all. But anyways, he was very nice, but not nice enough since he gave me that ticket, said it was really good that I was wearing my seatbelt and to keep it up.

I was so nervous.

DMKA
07-19-2005, 03:37 AM
Officer: "What are you doing out at this hour?"

Me: (in mysterious, somber, moody voice) "What would I not be doing out at this hour? Your question implies there is some place better to be... that I could fulfil some kind of... purpose... were I not here. Do you suppose that this is true? Is it your belief that there truly is some meaning to our lives, some place we are destined to be and a task we must each complete? I cannot be sure. There is sadness in the world. Emptiness and pain. I walk. I avoid the stagnation of inaction. I search... but for what? Even I cannot say. All I know is that it is better to wander. And to await whatever comes. There is no driving force to keep me at home. No meaning to idle existence. Now ask me again... 'what am I doing out at this hour?'"
I am so doing that one day.

Dixie
07-19-2005, 04:07 AM
Do THIS one day:

Officer: May I see your driver's license?
You: I don't have one. I had it suspended when I got my 5th DUI.

Officer: May I see the owner's card for this vehicle?
You: It's not my car. I stole it.

Officer: The car is stolen?
You: That's right. But come to think of it, I think I saw the owner's card in the glove box when I was putting my gun in there.

Officer: There's a gun in the glove box?
You: Yes sir. That's where I put it after I shot and killed the woman who owns this car and stuffed her in the trunk.

Officer: There's a BODY in the TRUNK?!?!?
You: Yes, sir.

(Hearing this, the officer SHOULD immediately called his captain. The car SHOULD quickly surrounded by police, and the captain SHOULD approach the driver to handle this tense situation:)

Captain: Sir, can I see your license?
You: Sure. Here it is.

It was valid.

Captain: Who's car is this?
You: It's mine, officer. Here's the owner's card.

You own the car. DUH!

Captain: Could you slowly open your glove box so I can see if there's a gun in it?
You: Yes, sir, but there's no gun in it.

Sure enough, there was nothing in the glove box.

Captain: Would you mind opening your trunk? I was told you said there's a body in it.
You: No problem.

Trunk is opened; no body.

Captain: I don't understand it. The officer who stopped you said you told him you didn't have a license, stole the car, had a gun in the glovebox, and that there was a dead body in the trunk.

You: Yeah, I'll bet the lying s.o.b. told you I was speeding, too!

I'll bet it will work!

(I have never been pulled over before...I DON'T DRIVE! I'm only 12 years old!)

ShunNakamura
07-19-2005, 07:19 AM
:eek:

lmao... if that works... well it might be funny to try.

bigbri2k5
07-20-2005, 10:17 AM
i got stopped crossing the road to mcdonalds becuase i had a hooded top on. IT WAS WINTER AND RAINING! what is wrong with the police? i threatened to sue for harassment and she soon shut up