PDA

View Full Version : We need a Street Fighter Episode IV

Erdrick Holmes
07-16-2005, 06:52 AM
I was thinking about the SF storyline and I came to the conclusion that a 4th SF game needs to be made. If I remember the SF storyline, Gill, the main villain was never defeated. The only one who ever got to fight him was Alex, and Alex got beaten. Ryu, for the first time in the storyline, was actually beaten, Oro beats him. People think Urien defeated Gill but Urien was defeated by Chun-Li. So basically, by the time the whole SF3 storyline ended Gill was still reigning with his empire that took over the place after Bison died.

By the time it ended Ryu went into hermitage and trained under Oro and Ken won another US Martial arts championship and is taking Sean under his wing.

Therefore, Funimizu needs to use his new company "Craft" and make Street Fighter Episode IV.

XxSephirothxX
07-16-2005, 06:55 AM
Doesn't Capcom own the rights to all the characters, though? If they made a sequel, I'd be afraid it would be just another shoddy rehash of days gone by.

Erdrick Holmes
07-16-2005, 07:02 AM
Maybe they'll beg Funimizu to come back for this one project. Of course if they don't put Ryu and Ken in it it'll be VERY wrong.

Strider
07-16-2005, 07:39 AM
I wasn't aware SFIII had a sensible storyline. Color me surprised.

Dreddz
07-16-2005, 09:18 AM
The more SF games capcom releases, the bigger chance they are taken. Storyline wise, I was thinking differently to Joel, But Im usally wrong

Lionx
07-16-2005, 09:22 AM
If you guys actually read the story yes there is one, its nothing mind blowing but its there and its decent.

I thought like Capcom doesnt focus themselves on fighting games as much as they were now or something?

NM
07-16-2005, 09:42 AM
I'd love to see a new Street Fighter game, but I don't think we'll ever get sStreet Fighter IV. As already said it'll just be the old game's hackedup and spliced with something else.

Christmas
07-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Can you show some story related link or info on Street Fighter iii. I am really interested to know as i never knew Street fighter iii have a storyline like King of Fighters.

Lionx
07-16-2005, 02:41 PM
www.orochi.com

Christmas
07-16-2005, 02:49 PM
??? I dun see any Street Fighter III related info there? Care enlightening me?

Lionx
07-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Crap..they used to have it..like LONG pages of the story with characters and stuff..my bad -_-

MecaKane
07-16-2005, 03:37 PM
How does the storyline differ if you actually beat Gile or Ryu or whatever in the game. If the answer is not at all, a thread about its story belongs in The Lounge and not Gen. Gaming.

Also, it's very gay.

EDIT: Use the warn button if you think a thread should be moved. Only post if you are going to contribute to the topic. Calling the idea 'gay' is not contributing, for reference. -Murder

radyk05
07-16-2005, 05:19 PM
why do we need another street fighter game? so we can see yet another new character with the same moves as ryu?

Erdrick Holmes
07-16-2005, 10:46 PM
I think it would also be great if SF Episode IV showed off the battle between Ryu and Ken to find out which one was indeed the strongest.

crashNUMBERS
07-16-2005, 10:55 PM
[!]
How does the storyline differ if you actually beat Gile or Ryu or whatever in the game. If the answer is not at all, a thread about its story belongs in The Lounge and not Gen. Gaming.

Also, it's very gay.

EDIT: Use the warn button if you think a thread should be moved. Only post if you are going to contribute to the topic. Calling the idea 'gay' is not contributing, for reference. -Murder
Oh c'mon kane!! Your just pissed at joel for no apparent reason. Your always making fun of him. You probably wouldn't like it if someone called you gay or what you like /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty. You seriously gotta get a life. .....Other than going after joel. So if I were you I'd quit it...[/!]crash: This post was not necessary. ~ Leeza

Dreddz
07-16-2005, 11:05 PM
I think it would also be great if SF Episode IV showed off the battle between Ryu and Ken to find out which one was indeed the strongest.
We already know, Ken would get beaten, but we then find out that he was secretly Bridget from GGX2 in disguise, and kill Ryu :D

Phil
07-16-2005, 11:23 PM
"I think it would also be great if SF Episode IV showed off the battle between Ryu and Ken to find out which one was indeed the strongest."

Maybe it'd be better if they both died in a neuclear explosion...
Joel dont you get really tired of playing those crappy games?
But on topic- didnt they make a street fighter movie?

Erdrick Holmes
07-16-2005, 11:26 PM
They made a Live Action SF movie that sucked because the director didn't know what he was doing and Vann Damme is the worst actor in the history of the world.

It would be pretty even game for both, while Ryu is more physically strong Ken is faster and has perfected the Shoryuken attack.

Destai
07-16-2005, 11:29 PM
There was an anime movie of street fighter. I remember renting it when I was five or something because it was a cartoon. I hadnt much idea what it was but it was very violent.

Erdrick Holmes
07-16-2005, 11:30 PM
The anime movie as pretty good. A sequel to the Alpha Anime movie is coming to the states in October.

Dreddz
07-16-2005, 11:37 PM
It would be pretty even game for both, while Ryu is more physically strong Ken is faster and has perfected the Shoryuken attack.
Bloody hell Joel, the Shoryuken aint even god damn real !

Shin Gouken
07-16-2005, 11:56 PM
does anyone miss the classic scroll along beat em ups> the good old capcom final fight wher they took some characters and made into street fighters was great in the arcade all them years ago. maybe a scroll along street fighter game could be next. im sure they could put some amazing graphics and storyline into it

Lindy
07-16-2005, 11:58 PM
Maybe for once, they could you know.

Fight on the street?

crashNUMBERS
07-17-2005, 12:41 AM
They made a Live Action SF movie that sucked because the director didn't know what he was doing and Vann Damme is the worst actor in the history of the world.
Yeah!! Im pissed at whoever played Guille and that guille was the one to defeat bison...

Doomie
07-17-2005, 12:49 AM
What we REALLY need is a GTA movie.

EDIT: That means no.

crashNUMBERS
07-17-2005, 12:53 AM
Yeah that too!! Seriously!! Hope it doesn't turn out bad like every game/Movie connection...

Erdrick Holmes
07-17-2005, 02:57 AM
Acclaim actually did make a game baised off of the SF Movie. then a few years later Acclaim gets flushed.

Lionx
07-17-2005, 11:31 PM
Basically to me, SFIII was not even properly developed when they threw Ryu and Ken to the mix when people started to complain. So how would SFIV change this? THe problem to me is that the entire game did not move forward enough even during the 3 installments of SFIII. So basically you could to my knowledge, cram SFIII all into Third Strike..=/ Storywise of course.

Erdrick Holmes
07-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Yeah, SFIII had the worst storyline obviously. It's a pity concidering it took the developers almost 8 years to finish it.

radyk05
07-18-2005, 12:03 AM
hey, joel, got any link about the ORIGINAL street fighter (aka sf 1)?

Erdrick Holmes
07-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Let me see whart I can find. All I remember was that SF1 was generic but midly good.

http://www.classicgaming.com/amigareviews/streetf1.htm

radyk05
07-18-2005, 12:28 AM
good enough. ok, then, IF we are going to get yet another street fighter i would like to see new characters. and i mean NEW. the french dude on sf3 is not new as he is gile, the britt boxer is not new as he is balrog, the brazilian kid (ryu or ken with very little improvement) and all the others. the mexican guy was allright, i guess and so were others but i want to see something actually new.

MecaKane
07-18-2005, 12:33 AM
If there was a new street fighter game, I'd like to to actually be something new, aswell. Maybe one in full 3D would be great, a way for Capcom to bring new gamers to its franchise.

Erdrick Holmes
07-18-2005, 01:01 AM
Maybe, the only 3D fighters that Capcom ever made that were awesome were Rival Schools 1 and 2, Star Gladiator Episode 1 and 2. The Street Fighter 3D fighting games... yeah, lets pretend that never happened.

DK
07-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Street Fighter EX plus Alpha was complete god and you know it. Dhalsim's music was awesome.

Erdrick Holmes
07-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Yeah, the soundtrack was nice to listen to. Sakura's music was awesome, it's too bad the rest of the game was bad.

DK
07-18-2005, 01:52 AM
The worst thing about that game was Allen. What the hell was the point of Allen?

NM
07-18-2005, 09:49 AM
If there was a new street fighter game, I'd like to to actually be something new, aswell. Maybe one in full 3D would be great, a way for Capcom to bring new gamers to its franchise.

One day you'll realise that 3D beat 'em up's, pale in comparison to 2D fighter's. If Capcom actually make SFIV, i'd be very suprised and annoyed if it was a 3D game, and I think most Street Fighter fan's would be.

crashNUMBERS
07-18-2005, 03:25 PM
The EX series sucked major ass...

Dreddz
07-18-2005, 04:24 PM
I didnt think it did

Lionx
07-18-2005, 11:02 PM
But the point is that they could have been better...MUCH better..

Polnareff
07-19-2005, 04:22 AM
Maybe, the only 3D fighters that Capcom ever made that were awesome were Rival Schools 1 and 2, Star Gladiator Episode 1 and 2, Power Stone 1 and 2, and Tech Romancer. The Street Fighter 3D fighting games... yeah, lets pretend that never happened.

Fixed that for you. :D

Funny part is, Capcom didn't even make the SFEX series. That was all the fault of Arika, the same makers of a really good 3D fighter called "Fighting Layer". I swear, those guys hated SF or something to make FL one year after the first EX, and to make it much better than EX to boot.

Maybe for once, they could you know.

Fight on the street?

LOL, I think not. Remember that atrocious fighter called "Street Smart"? I rest my case.

On topic, well, there has been something said about Capcom saying something about a new fighter in the works. I wouldn't be surprised if this was SF4 since the anniversary of the first SF is coming in about one and a half years.

I would post the link but I'm not sure if links to other forums are allowed on EoFF, so if the go-ahead is given then I'll edit this post and put the link in.

And to anyone that thinks this (rumored) game is gonna "suck" or whatever, remember that the SF series gets better with each sequel. Look at the leap from SF to SF2, then the one from SF2 to SFA to SF3 and you'll see what I'm talking about. ;)