PDA

View Full Version : ATLUS strategy rpgs

beaglegod
07-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Anybody have any experience with Atlus strategy RPGs? I see Stella Deus and it looks realy cool, also Magna Carta is slated for November of this year.But I realy have only one point of reference with SRPGs and thats FF Tactics (oops I almost forgot front mission 3).Anyhow how does the Atlus games stack up against others like Nippon Ichi games?

ughhis
07-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Stella Deus is mediocre, at best.

Tactics Ogre - The Knight of Lodis [GBA]
http://www.atlus.com/toa/index.html

Ogre Battle 64 - Person of Lordly Caliber [N64]
Those two are both as great as Final Fantasy Tactics.
Buy them, please.

Magna Carta - Tears of Blood [Crimson Stigmata] looks nice,
but I think it will be the same as Stella Deus.

"ZOMG we have graphics and voice acting and cool art!"
But not much more.

Prancing Mad
07-22-2005, 03:57 AM
My friend Dave says Disgaea is amazing. But it is really rare and really ridiculously complicated. I hate hoshigami. It is slow-paced and stupid. The battle system is in no way comparable to FFT

Excelsior
07-22-2005, 06:14 AM
I wholeheartedly recommend everyone to get Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis. As someone said, it is indeed just as good as FFT, and kicks the crap out of lame FFTA crap suck-ness for people who like crappy stories and equally crappy characters. :D

JaytodaP
07-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Ogre Battle was the best game I ever played. They should make and another one.

Endless
07-22-2005, 06:33 PM
My friend Dave says Disgaea is amazing. But it is really rare and really ridiculously complicated. I hate hoshigami. It is slow-paced and stupid. The battle system is in no way comparable to FFT

Well, apart from the fact that Disgaea was made by Nippon Ichi (Atlus is only the publisher outside of Japan), I agree with the "amazing" qualification. However, I disagree with the "ridiculously complicated". It's by far one of the most accessible SRPG I ever played. Plus it's fun and in general ace. The main downside is that it is hard to find in stores.

Rengori
07-22-2005, 07:02 PM
It is amazing, but it does take a little bit to get used to, but the tutorials at the beggining do a good job of clearing that up. However, Disgaea is not really an ATLUS game, rather it's a Nippon Ichi game that was published by ATLUS.

Xalibar
07-31-2005, 12:44 AM
I have hoshigami. Its hard and complicated and confusing. I don't play it anymore.

Tama2
07-31-2005, 01:25 AM
I have hoshigami. Its hard and complicated and confusing. I don't play it anymore.
That game sucks. I have it too. lame, Orge Battle really rocks though. I wanna play Kartia. I bought 2 discs so far and BOTH of them won't even get to the menu! WTF!

Atlus does make some pretty good SRPGs.

Xalibar
07-31-2005, 01:40 AM
I have kartia, i like it. I still want to play hoshigami since i have it and want to know the story and such but its just too hard.

Tama2
07-31-2005, 02:16 AM
I have kartia, i like it. I still want to play hoshigami since i have it and want to know the story and such but its just too hard.

I don't find it hard. IT's just.........odd.

Kakashi509
07-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Stella Dues sucks nuff said