PDA

View Full Version : Spam

Erdrick Holmes
07-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Can e please be a little tighter on spam rules outside of General Chat? I can't seem to make a thread anywhere without certain people spamming them.

Leeza
07-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Are there any specific forums that you're referring to, Joel?

eestlinc
07-16-2005, 05:36 PM
warn posts?

Erdrick Holmes
07-16-2005, 05:37 PM
General gaming to be more precise and occasionally (rarely) in the Help forum.

Leeza
07-16-2005, 05:41 PM
If you see any spam, report it and it will be dealt with. If we don't know about it, we can't fix it.

eestlinc
07-16-2005, 05:43 PM
when you say "no dweebs allowed" in your thread title you only invite that sort of thing.

Leeza
07-16-2005, 05:51 PM
That is correct, Joel. Don't invite it and it might not come.

nik0tine
07-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Knock it off, please. ~ Leeza

Old Manus
07-16-2005, 06:44 PM
But I like spam.

Kakashi509
07-16-2005, 07:00 PM
But I like spam.
yea who would wanna go on a forum without spam?

Shoeberto
07-16-2005, 07:11 PM
when you say "no dweebs allowed" in your thread title you only invite that sort of thing.
That was going to be my first suggestion.

Just warn them.

Hawkeye
07-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Notice the subtitles for General Chat.

If you want any place of seriousness, go to Eyes on... um, forgot, but you know what I'm talking about.

But yeah, 'no dweebs allowed'... are you serious with this thread?

Cloud No.9
07-16-2005, 09:16 PM
the thing is with the no dweebs thing. it's just meant to ay noone can post in their that you don't agree with. and this already annoys people so they will spam.

and it all depends on what you count as spam. if i was to say i hate street fighter and i don't believe it should have any sequels ever. is not spam. same like me saying on one of chris's post that grace jone's suck. if you make a topic about your love for something. or about something you make obvious that you love then people will say they don't like it. why? out of spite and humour. but it's not really spam if it's done right.

MecaKane
07-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Yah, spam does get pretty bad in Gen Gaming.
In that Family Guy thread some guy, said something like "Mixing family guy with gta is a bad idea!" and then he said something like "Mixing anything with gta is a bad idea!" Seemed very odd to make the same post twice in the same thread, to me.

crashNUMBERS
07-17-2005, 01:44 AM
Can e please be a little tighter on spam rules outside of General Chat? I can't seem to make a thread anywhere without certain people spamming them.
Not to be dumb but am I one of them??

Agent Proto
07-17-2005, 01:53 AM
Spam is only appropriate in General Chat.

In the other forums of EoFF, you can get away with some spam except for the serious forums, such as EoEO and EoTW, where spam can get you in trouble.

MoonZapdos
07-17-2005, 01:53 AM
This could go all week...

Kakashi509
07-17-2005, 01:55 AM
all hail spam :bow:

Raistlin
07-17-2005, 01:57 AM
I find it odd that Joel complains about spam in GG...yet most of the complaints(if any) are lodged against him. Such as <a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1124450&postcount=17">this post</a> demonstrates.

TheAbominatrix
07-17-2005, 02:03 AM
You find it odd? You arent used to this by now?

Raistlin
07-17-2005, 02:06 AM
I really am, but I needed something to say to introduce that extremely appropriate post. I couldn't in good conscience just link and run.

eestlinc
07-17-2005, 02:17 AM
Crash, here's a good way to cut down on your spam:

every time you are about to post in a thread, flip a coin first. If it comes up heads, make the post. If it comes up tails, don't.

MoonZapdos
07-17-2005, 02:18 AM
Why do I think this thread is going to be closed?

kikimm
07-17-2005, 02:38 AM

every time you are about to post in a thread, flip a coin first. If it comes up heads, make the post. If it comes up tails, don't.

Actually, I've found that it comes up heads more often. So it should....oh. Nevermind.

Honestly, I don't think the spam is that bad, in any forum (besides GC). But I'll go ahead and agree with everyone else that by trying counterattack the spam, you're leaving yourself open for more of it. It refuses to die.

:D

Denmark
07-17-2005, 02:43 AM
In the other forums of EoFF, you can get away with some spam except for the serious forums, such as EoEO and EoTW, where spam can get you in trouble.

"some spam" like in VGM/TSW right Proto? :D?

Erdrick Holmes
07-17-2005, 02:56 AM
I'm just sick of this, it happens in almost every thread I make in General Gaming because certain people (not tnaming names) are just trying to do what it takes to argue with me over stupid crap.

TheAbominatrix
07-17-2005, 03:04 AM
Good way to blatantly ignore all the advice given to you about it.

You act like everyone is out to get you specifically. You do that when I question you in your threads, as though I went into them just to get your goat. You do that with just about everyone, and I'm sure you'll do it with me right now. Just because everyone doesnt mindlessly agree with everything you're posting, it's spam.

And you may wanna practice what you preach, as no one can have a thread about anything you dislike without at least 10 posts from you saying pretty much the exact same thing.

Erdrick Holmes
07-17-2005, 03:06 AM
I don't give a crap about what people post anymore. I'm just sick of a few people ruining my threads. And YOU should know who I'm talking about.

Watch what happens when somebody ELSE makes a thread about Guilty Gear, KOF, etc. I guarantee nobody will spam them as bad as mine do.

TheAbominatrix
07-17-2005, 03:07 AM
Meaning you just dont want Kane posting in your threads. If you dont care what people post, then what does it have to do with spam? You're just trying to get the Knights to enforce your obsessive need to keep people you dont like out of your threads.

edit: You just said you dont care what they post. You arent even making a bit of sense. All you mean is that if someone makes a thread about that, Kane wont post in it.

kikimm
07-17-2005, 03:08 AM
Well, you can start solving the problem by removing this
Kane is no longer allowed to post in my threads. from your sig.

TheAbominatrix
07-17-2005, 03:09 AM
And, as has been mentioned, the "(no dweebs allowed)" from every thread title. As far as I'm concerned, you've completly brought it upon yourself.

Erdrick Holmes
07-17-2005, 03:11 AM
I don't care about THREADS people make. I'm just sick of people posting in threads that I make where I'm actually trying to start a convo and keep it on that topic.

TheAbominatrix
07-17-2005, 03:18 AM
And though you've been told ways to prevent this happening, you choose to ignore them, whine about it, and further goad people into doing it. Good call.

Hawkeye
07-17-2005, 04:13 AM

This can be interpeted as in half of your posts are spam.

Be aware that if you spam, frequently, you will be known of it, and wont be taken as seriously. Sure, some spam may be okay, but dont get rediculous on it.

Or we can put it this way: There is a difference between Psychotic and The Captian. Obviously, who is the better role mode?

eestlinc
07-17-2005, 04:17 AM
I'm glad someone can read between the lines.

Doomie
07-17-2005, 04:18 AM

Be aware that if you spam, frequently, you will be known of it, and wont be taken as seriously. Sure, some spam may be okay, but dont get rediculous on it.

Or we can put it this way: There is a difference between Psychotic and The Captian. Obviously, who is the better role mode?

Depends on what type of person you want to be. I miss The Captain. ;_;

Kakashi509
07-17-2005, 04:48 AM
soem people naturauly spam like I do sometimes

kikimm
07-17-2005, 05:09 AM
I don't care about THREADS people make. I'm just sick of people posting in threads that I make where I'm actually trying to start a convo and keep it on that topic.

And though you've been told ways to prevent this happening, you choose to ignore them, whine about it, and further goad people into doing it. Good call.

All right then. I'm usually not like this, but you've caught me on a special day. I have decided that you refuse to listen to reason, so the only advice that I could possibly give now is "Get over it."

Oh, and I don't think anyone thinks you're a joke. I can see that everyone's tried to give you advice. You're the one who isn't taking us seriously.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-17-2005, 05:26 AM
Darth Holmes has left us, and this thread is really not serving any more of a purpose. If someone else has spam concerns, they may bring this up again in a manner in which isn't conducive to this type of a response.

eestlinc
07-17-2005, 05:33 AM
I think/hope Joel will be back when he feels better.

Del Murder
07-17-2005, 07:40 AM
In the future, pms or ims are probably better venues for issues that only involve a select few members. The Feedback Forum is for matters that affect the board in general, and even though this thread started out that way, it didn't end that way. Thanks.