PDA

View Full Version : is rise of zilart really needed?

omnislasher
07-16-2005, 11:26 PM
my copy of FFXI still wont play, and it says to be sure to register the rise of the zilart expansion pack, and it might not work right without it. and I read that the final version of FFXI in the US is supposed to come with it. I must have gotten an older copy or something, cause it wasnt inside the box, and I cant get my FFXI to work. would that be enough to make it not work?

Rostum
07-17-2005, 12:03 AM
I'd suggest getting it, but it's not absolutely needed to run the game.

Why won't you game play? You can't log in, or it just won't run? What are you computer specs? Did you buy the game second hand? Need to know these kinds of things.

Ouch!
07-17-2005, 07:45 PM
There is no "older" version of a release for FFXI in the United States. All of the original releases came with Rise of the Zilart and because of this you need to install it to move on in the process of setting things up, at least that's what I remember doing. Check the box, it should say that Rise of the Zilart is included. Sounds like you need to return the copy for a new one.

Another problem may be that you didn't realize that you installed it and you haven't registered it through PlayOnline yet, which might cause a problem.

Miriel
07-17-2005, 09:57 PM
Seeing as how without it, you won't be able to access some key leveling zones, I'd say that it's pretty essential for you to have it.

UltimateSpamGrover
07-19-2005, 01:10 AM
If you dont have Zilart, good luck getting past level 25...

Lionx
07-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Its possible.

25-30 do Rolanberry and Battlia Downs
30-33 Davoi or Garliage
34-40 CN(like always)
40-48ish also CN..diff crawlers and Beeltes
49-51 try Garlaige Citadel Beetles

and thats it since FFXI was originally cap 50 and thats where it stops.

omnislasher
07-21-2005, 05:52 PM
I got it all set up now. thanks for the help with the levels, too, lionx. I think I'm going to be needing that.