PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get FF VII for PC at a good price?

Quezacotl
07-17-2005, 12:56 AM
Hi, I am new to the forums and to Final Fantasy. I have just finished VIII and thought it was a pretty cool game. They have told me/I have read that VII is much better though, so I wanted to try the game. Since I don't own a PS or PS2, I was planning on buying it for PC, but I haven't found a single website in which it is sold at a good price and new. In Amazon, I saw it for $50+, and I was like wtf? I mean, most new games for XBOX and PS aren't worth that much...perhaps it has to do with the fact that it is 4 discs long? Could someone please help me. Thanks.

Wizdom
07-17-2005, 01:07 AM
Dl it for free if u know where....or try p2p network...or torrents

i dunno how to help...BTW i dont even know how to use torrents or p2p network!bwahahah

do you expect to see a spoiler in such thread? :D :love:

Chris
07-17-2005, 01:22 AM
$20, right here. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8204641834&category=62053&rd=1)

$10, right here. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8204666934&category=62053&rd=1)

They're both used, though.

Kakashi509
07-17-2005, 01:30 AM
it's harder to find for PC try to pick up the PSX version instead, I mean I found FF X-2 for 20$ so you should be able to find VII for much less

General-Beatrix
07-17-2005, 02:55 AM

i dunno how to help...BTW i dont even know how to use torrents or p2p network!bwahahah

If you plan on using torrents, go to www.torrentspy.com. Keep in mind that this might be "tampering" with the law.

Kakashi509
07-17-2005, 03:33 AM

If you plan on using torrents, go to www.torrentspy.com. Keep in mind that this might be "tampering" with the law.or as I call it "copyright infringement"

Wizdom
07-17-2005, 12:34 PM
...pashh!! i dont need FF games...i have them all...original CDs

Quezacotl
07-17-2005, 10:26 PM
I feel kinda guilty downloading the game...I wanted to buy the original copy for PC, since I don't want to spend 200 dolars on a PS2....but m'eh, i'll get it later and/or it'll probably be released again sooner or later.

abrojtm
07-18-2005, 01:22 AM
I tried downloading it the other day, but it wants me to insert a cd (even though I have the full game installed) whenever I try to play.

Sephitachi7
07-18-2005, 05:07 AM
I bought it for $30 dollars at Circuit City but it was a long long long time ago. Probably back in '99. Then I let my friend borrow it and haven't seen him in a long time so I got the one for the PSX for 12 bucks at GameStop, but I personally like EB Games better because the used games aren't in bad shape at all.

PjO
07-18-2005, 07:45 AM
You can get an emulator for free, as well as the game, I think, from Zophar.net, or from another website. I'm pretty sure emulator's aren't illegal. It just might run slow on your computer depending on how good your machine is and how good the emulator or ROM is (ROM is the game file).

Honestly, I think, you can go around yardsales and buy a PSX or just buy one from a VG-trade store for, like, ten bucks, and the game for just as much, if you don't feel like looking around the net for hours.

DelightfulSpekkio442
07-18-2005, 03:39 PM
For PSX emulators, the most compatible one is Virtual Game Station. Hard to find the full version, they only have the demo at Zophar.net and it was taken off the shelves years ago. Do google searches for "cvgs141.zip" (and other variations on that name) and you should find the full version, likely on a site in some foreign language. If you can get one of the freeware emulators to work (I always have trouble with them) you can get better graphics/performance but make sure you get one that's compatible with FFVII.

I myself have the PC version, and it's kinda finicky. If you've got Windows 2000 you'll need the Application Compatibility Toolkit - download it from the Microsoft website. I think you'll need it for XP too. There's instructions on how to set it up at http://www.ffseven.com/faq.php.