PDA

View Full Version : Which one to buy?

KentaRawr!
07-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Title explains it all. I can't decide what to buy. (Again...)

Here are the choices:

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Super Mario Sunshine

Tales of Symphonia

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition (Zelda 1, 2, OoT, and MM)

Metroid Fusion

Kirby Canvas Curse

omnitarian
07-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Are you just going to buy something and ignore all of the suggestions like the last 2 times? XD

I'd go with Sunshine, Canvas Curse, or Fusion. They're all great, so you can just flip a coin or something.

WarZidane
07-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Tales of Symphonia~

KentaRawr!
07-17-2005, 06:56 PM
Are you just going to buy something and ignore all of the suggestions like the last 2 times? XD

I'd go with Sunshine, Canvas Curse, or Fusion. They're all great, so you can just flip a coin or something.

Lol. This time I am actually stumped. Trust me.

... ... ...I got Prince of Persia and Super Mario Sunshine...I was blinded by the low prices! >_<

Plus I couldn't find Zelda.

Necronopticous
07-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Metroid Prime 2

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Tales of Symphonia, great game that.

Lindy
07-17-2005, 07:03 PM
- Short term enjoyment, once you've finished the game once, there's not so much point to play it again, no increased difficulties, nothing.

Super Mario Sunshine
- Fun at first, but it grows wearing, a nice game but not much of a keeper.

Tales of Symphonia
- Very long, in depth, beautiful RPG. Just playing throught it once will keep you occupied, along with all the sidequests, but the NG+ option and grade shop offers more replay, combined with Mania mode difficulty for a new challenge.

- Metroid is always great, I just started replaying it recently, plus it has a Hard mode for a greater challenge too

- Zelda is, to me, like Metroid, it can keep you going forever just playing them again and again, especially with a combo like those four.

Metroid Fusion
- Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes, sans Hard mode.

Kirby Canvas Curse
- I've never played it, so I don't know.

If you want short burst of gaming, but also staying power in long sessions, Metroid Prime 2 and Fusion will be good bets, and they have the replay to keep you going too.

If you want to spend a long time playing a game, and really get into it for long periods, Tales of Symphonia or the Zelda Collector's Edition will be your best bets.

Prince of Persia and Sunshine are pretty much pick-up, play, throw away games, for me anyway.

Zeldy
07-17-2005, 07:08 PM

Here are the choices:

Super Mario Sunshine

Tales of Symphonia

Metroid Fusion

Kirby Canvas Curse

H'Ok

Super Mario Sunshine -
Its an 'alright' game, i havnt played it myself, but my brother has completed it and i mostly watched n_n Its worth buying it though.

Tales of Symphonia -
Same with Sunshine, i havnt played it myself, not a bad game, but its not my thing.

Metroid -
Im not a metroid fan =3

Zelda -
Have you played them before? if you havnt then its a must!
Its one of those games you just dont get bored of. And that foresome are the best ones imo, I hated WW, hated it!

Metroid Fusion -
see above [Metroid]

Kirby -
A kirby game? =3
I dont think that'll be much good..

I advise you to get either Tales of Symphonia or the Zelda foresome.
The only thing with TOS is that hearing them all speak gets extremely annoying especially with the girl "Im sorry.."
How many times does she say that? -_-;

Lindy
07-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Every Kirby game is a masterpiece and you have to die now.

A game played entirely with the stylus, you draw out a rainbow path for your little creampuff to roll along, not only does it sound great but I bet it is too.

kikimm
07-17-2005, 07:45 PM
The only game I've played out of those is Prince of Persia. However, I can recommend that. Short but sweet, so if that's what you're looking for, get that. But maybe osme of those other ones on the list are too, I don't know. Ugh.

:D

Old Manus
07-17-2005, 07:49 PM
I've never played any except for Prince of Persia.

XxSephirothxX
07-17-2005, 07:53 PM
If you've got the money, I'd pick up Collector's Edition and Tales. I'm a Zelda freak, and would pick it above anything. However, if you already own one of more of the games in the Collection, it might not be worth it to buy the CE, as you've only got a limited amount of money.

KentaRawr!
07-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Seems as though that Zelda is winning by a Hookshot. Lol. Get it? Hook-Shot?

Dreddz
07-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Get Metroid Prime 2

Chzn8r
07-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Seems as though that Zelda is winning by a Hookshot. Lol. Get it? Hook-Shot?

Just the fact that you have the ability to buy this out-of-print disc makes it the reason to get it first. Especially if you don't already own the console version of all 4 of those games.

Black Mage
07-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Kirby's Cavase Curse is amazing.

But then, so are Tales of Symphonia and the Zelda Collection.

I enjoyed Mario Sunshine, personally, but I never did get all of the shines (akin to the stars in Mario 64).

Metroid Fusion, though I never played, is probably great, as it's similiar to Super Metroid style play, if I recall.

Prince of Persia? Never got into that stuff.

If I were you, I'd buy Tales of Symphonia. Then Zelda.

KentaRawr!
07-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Hmm...it is getting somewhat hard to find a good price on Zelda: Collectors Edition, so, if I cannot get that, I will just get whoever is in 2nd place.

Chzn8r
07-18-2005, 01:26 AM
In my opinion, everything on that list is a must-own for GC owners (of course Kirby and Fusion not included) unless you're not a fan of action (Prince of Persia) or action RPGs (Tales of Symphonia)- which would be me, but that's just my preference.

Aphelion
07-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Symphonia must be a great game (though I haven't played it and probably I'll never play anyway) and is one of the few GC RPGs. I'd pick that one for sure.

KentaRawr!
07-18-2005, 05:40 PM
>_< While I was on Half.com, I noticed that I could get Super Mario Sunshine and Prince of Persia for $32.80

I also could not find a good price for the Zelda Collection on Ebay.

Quite sorry, but I got Super Mario Sunshine and Prince of Persia. >_<

Just like the last time I made something like this, I am quite sorry for making such a useless topic.

MoonZapdos
07-18-2005, 05:59 PM

Here are the choices:

Super Mario Sunshine

Tales of Symphonia

Metroid Fusion

Kirby Canvas Curse
Metroid Prime 2. :cool:

Vermachtnis
07-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Go with Tales of Symphonia it's a very fun game. It has a good story and good characters. It has some pretty funny moments. I mean LOL moments, not just chuckle moments.

Khaotic
07-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Personally, I'd say Symphonia.

Lindy
07-18-2005, 09:49 PM
You people don't read threads, do you?

If you did, you'd see he's bought Sunshine and Prince of Persia already.

Buccura
07-19-2005, 12:23 AM
I suppose I would say Metroid Fusion or Kirby's Canvas Curse, though Prince of Persia is still good and now at a very reasonable price.

StarlightAngel
07-19-2005, 01:43 AM
Well, for future refference, Tales of Symphonia's really good :)