PDA

View Full Version : promised land and the airship.

boys from the dwarf
07-17-2005, 07:23 PM
i have two questions.ive been replaying the game for 4 days now and have made it to the northern crater.(the visit near the start of disk 2 not the final battle on disk 3.)so is the northern crater the promised land? and also there is a quick video that shows rufus and hojo e.c.t on an airship which looks almost identical to the highwind(on the inside at least i havent seen the outside.is this the highwind or just that one that shoots weapons head off. :confused:
EDIT:ive discovered why the airship looks like high wind.because it is.(i kept on playing it until i discovered but i just need to be certain about my other question.

Squall of SeeD
07-18-2005, 05:10 AM
The answer to your question is... "It depends." Is a big hole in the ground that serves as a wound to the Planet where Spirit Energy is constantly pouring out spiritual bliss to you? If so, then yes. If not, then no.

The Promised Land is whatever fulfills you: Linkage (http://www.geocities.com/ff7analysis/PromisedLand.html).

Christmas
07-18-2005, 12:52 PM
This bring up an interesting question..... President Shinra mentioned of building "Neo Midgar" in the promised land...So, he is going to build a city in a crater infested with monsters and visit by harsh weather 24 hours round the clock? Boy , he sure is something isn't he?

Dark Sage
07-18-2005, 01:09 PM
He didn't knew how it looks like. He surley thought it's warm, green and with a lot of mako power.

Christmas
07-18-2005, 01:47 PM
He didn't knew how it looks like. He surley thought it's warm, green and with a lot of mako power.

Good point here, but do you think he will contiune with his plan of building the city after finding out the truth?

Personally, I think he will still build the city there. The profit there is just to temptating to let go.

boys from the dwarf
07-18-2005, 06:16 PM
and i suppose sephiroths goal with the meteor is to creat a bigger promised land so he can already increase his vast power and destroy the world and rule everything that he hasnt destroyed .but i dont see how his plan will work because he will become all powerful but the planet will die.

Kappy
07-18-2005, 09:30 PM
There is no physical Promised Land, fellas.
It is a state of mind achieved when one is pure. Therefore Sephiroth was never actually going to find it, no matter what he said he had found.

Kappy
07-18-2005, 09:54 PM
and i suppose sephiroths goal with the meteor is to creat a bigger promised land so he can already increase his vast power and destroy the world and rule everything that he hasnt destroyed .but i dont see how his plan will work because he will become all powerful but the planet will die.

Also, that wasn't Sephiroth's goal, although a good suggestion, he actually states in the game (at the T.O.T.A) that Meteor's purpose was to create a wound in the planet so big that massive amounts of Spirit Energy (what the Mako Reactors were sucking up and converting into a source of power) would be concentrated on the wound to heal it. You should already know Spirit Energy is the source of all creation of life, death and what the planet is made of itself. Thus the reactors are sucking the planet's lifeblood. Anyway, I digress.
Sephiroth, who is situated at the very centre of the planet, would be "in the way" of the Spirit Energy concentrating itself toward the planet's wound. Hence he would absorb it all, transform himself into a God of sorts, as vast amounts of the planet's powerful lifeblood is being taken in by him, and only him.
Thus, being a God, he can rule over the whole planet. In the end it's as simple as that.

It's very much why Holy was ineffective, as Sephiroth was stopping Aeris' prayer from being summoned into action to stop Meteor at the end of the game, as Sephiroth was right there in the middle. The party killed him, and set Holy free yet it was too late.
Then, we know that the Lifestream happily appeared, and god knows what happens next. It's pretty much unknown how the Lifestream decided to help, one theory (and the one I believe) is that Aeris prayed for it. In essence, she "diffused her will" into the Lifestream (just as Sephiroth is mentioned to have done), and her will was to save the planet. I think that's just some kind of "beyond the grave" paranormal movement by her conscience, I don't think she really came physically back to life. I mean for god's sakes, she was skewered on a damn 2 metre sword. :D

Squall of SeeD
07-18-2005, 11:25 PM
It is a state of mind achieved when one is pure. Therefore Sephiroth was never actually going to find it, no matter what he said he had found.

Why do you believe that it involves being pure?

Thus, being a God, he can rule over the whole planet. In the end it's as simple as that.

It's even more simple than that. Without its Spirit Energy, the Planet would die. Sephiroth and JENOVA would only be gaining power. To "rule over every soul" merely meant to absorb them all.

It's very much why Holy was ineffective, as Sephiroth was stopping Aeris' prayer from being summoned into action to stop Meteor at the end of the game, as Sephiroth was right there in the middle.

Actually, Aerith's prayer had gotten through before she died, thus why the White Materia was glowing a pale green. Holy itself was being held back.

I think that's just some kind of "beyond the grave" paranormal movement by her conscience, I don't think she really came physically back to life. I mean for god's sakes, she was skewered on a damn 2 metre sword. :D

Well, that and she's still dead in Advent Children.

Kappy
07-19-2005, 12:04 AM
Why do you believe that it involves being pure?

A logical theory. I wouldn't have thought some one with clouded thoughts as such would be able to feel the Promised Land. Maybe that's just bare logic though.

It's even more simple than that. Without its Spirit Energy, the Planet would die. Sephiroth and JENOVA would only be gaining power. To "rule over every soul" merely meant to absorb them all.

Most probably this, yes. It's along the same lines.

Actually, Aerith's prayer had gotten through before she died, thus why the White Materia was glowing a pale green. Holy itself was being held back.

Again, essentially this was what I meant in the first place.
By "summoned into action" I don't mean the completion of the prayer, but the fact that Holy was stuck on it's way to defend the impact, as you said. Only after they have defeated Sephiroth, is when it finally is free, but inevitably "late" as Meteor was already wreaking havoc. Holy was most likely meant to be there before Meteor got so close. Red XIII says it is having the "opposite effect", by that he most probably means it isn't working.

Well, that and she's still dead in Advent Children.

:D

boys from the dwarf
07-19-2005, 09:00 AM
ah remember now.thanx for your help.