PDA

View Full Version : Jecht Shot

lilman2907
07-18-2005, 04:13 AM
:confused: I need some help with something....................Someone told me that you can learn a Jecht Shot 2 but I can't seem to find the details on how to do it........................Is it actually possible or was I just told a lie.........................plz help me with this??? :confused:

Sasquatch
07-18-2005, 04:19 AM
I saw a Tournament where Jecht Shot 2 was the 1st Place prize, but when I did it, nobody on my team was high enough level to learn it, the bastards. I've heard it takes a helllovalotta HP to do, though.

Mo-Nercy
07-18-2005, 04:29 AM
I think it was 999 HP to execute which isn't a lot after about Level 30ish. It can take out up to THREE defenders and has Invisible Shot properties. If you don't know what that means because you haven't gotton far enough in Blitzball, then you probably shouldn't even worry about Jecht Shot 2 (or Invisible Shot for that matter) because all it does is give you the chance to bypass the goalie's CAT stat. During the early stages of Blitzball, the goalie is easy so it's not required. But the more you play, the more the goalie tanks up (blardy Nimrook). Eventually it gets to the point where Invisible Shot HAS to be used.

EDIT: And Jecht Shot 2 is Tidus' uber key technique, so you'll need to learn the other three key techniques (which are listed in his player info menu). They're pretty easy ones to learn, I don't remember exactly what they are but it's just stuff like Venom Tackle etc. Trust me, it won't take long. I'm not sure if Jecht Shot 1 is a prerequisite for the move either but I'm pretty sure you have it anyway.

Masamune·1600
07-18-2005, 04:30 AM
In order to learn Jecht Shot 2, you must first learn all three Key Techniques for Tidus: Anti-Venom 2, Drain Tackle 2, and Venom Tackle. After this, it can be won in a tournament.

Jecht Shot 2 can only be learned and used by Tidus. It costs 999 HP to use. Using it virtually guarantees a goal, however; it adds +10 to the Shooting stat, knocks up to three opposing players out of the way, and goes invisible with a 100% rate.

lilman2907
07-18-2005, 04:35 AM
well thanx i haven't seen it or been able to find anything about it online so i thought the guy was just messin with me....................thanx

boys from the dwarf
07-18-2005, 07:24 PM
on my walkthrough it says once you have the jecht shot you can learn it by leveling up and if you are at lvl30 you will have a 30% chance of learning it at level up and at 31 31% chance e.c.t.but i suppose thats untrue.

Mo-Nercy
07-19-2005, 12:12 AM
on my walkthrough it says once you have the jecht shot you can learn it by leveling up and if you are at lvl30 you will have a 30% chance of learning it at level up and at 31 31% chance e.c.t.but i suppose thats untrue.
Yeah, that's not true.

Del Murder
07-24-2005, 02:50 AM
That is not the % for learning it, that is the % that it will show up as a prize for a tournament (or league, I forget which). So if you are level 30 you will have a 30% chance of seeing it as a prize.

lilman2907
08-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Ok .....................Thanx for all the help so far....................I've been playing Blitzball alot and I'm level 17 with Tidus and jecht shot 2 is a first place prize for a tournament........................am i a high enough level to learn it or should i keep leveling up before i win the tournament???....................any response would help me??

G SpOtZ
08-07-2005, 03:15 AM
well u can keep leveling up.. and once u think it's enough, i'm pretty sure u can just keep waiting for a new tournament to come up if it doesn't become the first prize next time around...

Shadowdeathrose
08-08-2005, 08:21 PM
hey you was saying this in another thread but lvl up 2 about lvl 30 not 18 like i said on the other thread soz thought of rong tech in other thread anyways get to about lvl 30 and you should b fine