PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Canada

Cruise Control
07-18-2005, 04:42 AM
1) Is it true that one side of the cereal box is english, and the other is french?
2) If the above is true, where do you put the games that in America go on the back?

Add more if you can think of any.

krissy
07-18-2005, 04:50 AM
1) It is not always based on sides, but both languages are used on all packaging with every phrase and word (more or less).
2) The game on the back has two languages explaining how to play, the back is large and there is enough space to fit all three things.

rubah
07-18-2005, 04:52 AM
Does the water in your toilet swirl the other way around when you flush?

Cruise Control
07-18-2005, 04:53 AM
xD thats so rude, but thanks Not All Reno

Yamaneko
07-18-2005, 04:58 AM
Canadians are something the gov't made up to keep the population out of the northern region where experiments concerning moose and polar bears take place in an effort to create a better Klondike Bar logo. And as we all know, what wouldn't you do for a Klondike bar? The answer is not to believe that Canadians don't exist.

Sasquatch
07-18-2005, 05:00 AM
Hehehe. No, I think that's South of the Equator, man.

Do they have English songs made with French lyrics?

While I was in Iraq, they had some American songs with Arabic lyrics, it was funnier'n hell.

nik0tine
07-18-2005, 05:23 AM
While I was in Iraq, they had some American songs with Arabic lyrics, it was funnier'n hell.:p
Examples, please.

Meat Puppet
07-18-2005, 08:09 AM
Do you guys really have flappy heads and enjoy fart jokes?

-N-
07-18-2005, 08:14 AM
Blunt shacks?

Doomie
07-18-2005, 02:04 PM

Yes. Yes we do.

Rye
07-18-2005, 02:09 PM

Best. question. ever.

Do you enjoy being blamed like in the song Blame Canada?

Kakashi509
07-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Blunt shacks?
I don't think any country can understand what you just said

Doomie
07-18-2005, 02:15 PM

We invented the song. I think so, yeah. :greenie:

crazybayman
07-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Does the water in your toilet swirl the other way around when you flush?
We dont' have toilets. We merely cut a hole in the glacier we live on and poop into the ocean below. :)

But because of that glacier, we've got some damn good hockey players.

And a lot of eskimos.

crazybayman
07-18-2005, 03:31 PM

We invented the song. I think so, yeah. :greenie:
I think that's because we could really care less if Americans blamed us for anything. At all. :p

Bomber
07-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah, we all live in igloos, and I for one have a pet beaver who visits in the summer. And everyday I have to walk to school backwards through 3 feet of snow, uphills both ways, and in my father's pyjamas...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Takara
07-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah, we all live in igloos, and I for one have a pet beaver who visits in the summer. And everyday I have to walk to school backwards through 3 feet of snow, uphills both ways, and in my father's pyjamas...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You have a pet beaver? I hope it's not the one my pet polar bear caught last week...

Bomber
07-18-2005, 04:36 PM
You have a pet polar bear? I hope it's not the one my first-cousin-twice-removed Bob harpooned the other day...

T-MaN
07-18-2005, 05:48 PM
I got one thing to say.

Eh!

crazybayman
07-18-2005, 06:03 PM
1) It is not always based on sides, but both languages are used on all packaging with every phrase and word (more or less).
2) The game on the back has two languages explaining how to play, the back is large and there is enough space to fit all three things.

Yes, that's how it usually is. Everything is in English and French, one below or beside the other.

lordblazer
07-18-2005, 06:07 PM
is a tuke a hat?

also were do i go to get an application for citizenship to Canada?

KentaRawr!
07-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Is it true that when you say things, you ALWAYS put "Eh" at the end?

My brother told me that when he went to Canada, he met someone and he always said "Eh".

Example:

"Have a nice day, eh."

Sasquatch
07-18-2005, 06:16 PM
While I was in Iraq, they had some American songs with Arabic lyrics, it was funnier'n hell.:p
Examples, please.

I was in a hajishop when "Ice Ice Baby" came on the guy's radio. In Arabic. Funniest thing I ever heard. I heard some Britney Spears song in haj too, and a Will Smith song--actually saw the video to the Will Smith song, with another guy singing in Arabic and dancing and such. Awesome.

Other'n that, they have their own music, too, and some is kind of the same style as some of ours.

Bomber
07-18-2005, 06:18 PM
is a tuke a hat?

It's "toque". And yes, it is a hat.

As for citizenship...forget it, you'll never be a part of the Repulic of Soviet Canuckistan.

Doomie
07-18-2005, 06:20 PM

My brother told me that when he went to Canada, he met someone and he always said "Eh".

Example:

"Have a nice day, eh."

No. I've never met someone who did that. Maybe Canadian mounties.

Phil
07-18-2005, 06:20 PM
What is your view, as a canadian, on seal clubbing?
Or is that Alaska....? Oh well same thing.

crazybayman
07-18-2005, 06:31 PM

Example:

"Have a nice day, eh."
Blasted Torontonians!!

Yes. we all say "eh". We all wear toques. We are all curlers/hockeyplayers/lumberjacks. We all have pet beavers and pet moose.

Honestly, not everyone in Canada says "eh". :rolleyes2 Some do, but I sure as hell don't.

The ones that do would typically say "Oh ya, yoo betcha, eh?!?" :rolleyes2 I think its typical of people from the Toronto area, and Ontario, and maybe the Western provinces.

Actually, I have had moose in my backyard. Attached is a picture taken downtown St. John's, in the dockyard, not far from where I work. The dude with the gun is a wildlife officer, going to tranquilize the moose, so they can lift it out safely, and transport it outside the city. This one is actually just a calf, and not very big.

What is your view, as a canadian, on seal clubbing?
There is a commercial Seal Hunt. We club Seals like we club Americans :p

Seriously though, Seals are hunted the same as people hunt deer. Seal meat is quite tastey, and the skins are put to good use. And yes, seals are clubbed, because its much more humane than killing with a rifle. I know it sounds barbaric, but the seal dies instantly when clubbed over the snout, rather than being shot, and bleeding to death on the ice. Plus, it controls the seal population, which is overpopulated, and is depleting the cod fish stocks.

I don't want to hear any whining from any tree huggers out there. I'm not a seal harvester.

Takara
07-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Seriously, though, it really amuses me how ignorant some americans can be when it comes to Canada (and, well, pretty much every other country). :rolleyes2

crazybayman
07-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Seriously, though, it really amuses me how ignorant some americans can be when it comes to Canada (and, well, pretty much every other country). :rolleyes2

Haha....like this

What is your view, as a canadian.......

Psychotic
07-18-2005, 07:07 PM
Does Canada have mutant mooses that occasionally rampage through the major cities, often killing dozens...nay...scores...at a time?

crazybayman
07-18-2005, 07:28 PM
Does Canada have mutant mooses that occasionally rampage through the major cities, often killing dozens...nay...scores...at a time?
Yes......*ahem*.....I, actually....uh......am the mutant moose exterminator for my city. I take my gunblade, and go out everyday, patrolling for those crazy suckers as they try to stomp innocent women, children and the elderly to death.

Old Manus
07-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Why does hardly anyone know anything about Canada?

ZeZipster
07-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Where is Canada?

T-MaN
07-18-2005, 09:38 PM

Example:

"Have a nice day, eh."

Hmm...most people do that. I do it a lot because I just don't feel right without ending a sentence without saying "Eh". I don't even realize when I say it half the time.

Old Manus
07-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Strange, eh?

Cruise Control
07-18-2005, 09:59 PM
This reminds me of that red t-shirt I got, it had a white maple leaf in the middle and under the leaf it said "eh?"

Sasquatch
07-19-2005, 04:09 AM
Strange, eh?

Yah. Yoo betcha, doncha know.

crazybayman
07-19-2005, 12:07 PM
AAHHHH!! TOO......MANY.....EHS.......HEAD.....GONNA....EXPLODE......

*head explodes*

Bomber
07-19-2005, 04:08 PM
It's great to be Canadian, eh?

escobert
07-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Blunt shacks?
I don't think any country can understand what you just said
Oh but I do. *heads to the blunt shack*

crazybayman
07-19-2005, 04:49 PM
It's great to be Canadian, eh?
Oh f#ck ya, eh?!?

Tim Ho's fo' me! :D

T-MaN
07-19-2005, 05:01 PM

Gotta get that Double Double now eh!

crazybayman
07-19-2005, 05:07 PM

Oh ya yoo betcha! Every morning on my way to work, eh?

radyk05
07-19-2005, 05:45 PM
is wolverine really the best thing to come out of canada?

Cruise Control
07-19-2005, 05:46 PM
xD Probably!

T-MaN
07-19-2005, 06:18 PM

Well, there's Superman too, but Wolverine is cooler.

crazybayman
07-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Nope.

Pamela Anderson

Need I say more

Takara
07-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Ew?

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Canada rocks...One thing...Imagine if americans ever watched "This Hour has 22 minutes"'s "Talking to Americans"? That is hillarious, great show.

BTW has anyone seen my pet beaver? He got loose this morning...

Halifax Housewife
07-19-2005, 10:33 PM

Only Canadians would understand that one. :D

I like Canada - but I hate Nova Scotia (province I live in). The entire province (state to you Americans) has a population of 995,000. Yeah. It sucks.

Only another 2 more weeks.. then I'm off to New York. Then I'm going to be a foreign student.. :(

XxSephirothxX
07-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Hi, this is Canada. We can't come to the phone right now, but please leave your name, number, and message at the sound of the tone, and we'll get back to you just as soon as we can. Thank you for calling. Bye!

*Beep*

Giga Guess
07-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Canada rocks...One thing...Imagine if americans ever watched "This Hour has 22 minutes"'s "Talking to Americans"? That is hillarious, great show.

Oh my god, that's CLASSIC! I loved that show/segment....do they even do that anymore...?

Rase
07-19-2005, 11:01 PM
How much better is Alaska than Canada? :)

Giga Guess
07-19-2005, 11:07 PM
Not...the polar bears that rule Canada live there.

07-19-2005, 11:19 PM

Oh my god, that's CLASSIC! I loved that show/segment....do they even do that anymore...?

lol, I dunno, but at the end of FI Canadian History we watched a tape full of it. If some of those people are serious there, then I pity the world. (Who would believe that we just switched from 20 hours a day to 24? Is anyone that naive?)

lordblazer
07-19-2005, 11:25 PM
is a tuke a hat?

It's "toque". And yes, it is a hat.

As for citizenship...forget it, you'll never be a part of the Repulic of Soviet Canuckistan.
i already applied for citizenship to cananda yesterday my friend lol.

radyk05
07-20-2005, 12:08 AM
how 'bout brett "the hitman" heart?

crazybayman
07-20-2005, 11:45 AM

Only Canadians would understand that one. :D

I like Canada - but I hate Nova Scotia (province I live in). The entire province (state to you Americans) has a population of 995,000. Yeah. It sucks.

Only another 2 more weeks.. then I'm off to New York. Then I'm going to be a foreign student.. :(
Ah........bigger population does not mean better. I sure wouldn't want to live in an overpopulated pig-sty.

That's what's one of the great things about this place......we got lots of room!

Giga Guess
07-20-2005, 07:25 PM

My family rented from the Harts actually.

noddingdog
07-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Canada has the queen as head of state. Why? Are there no suitable canadian people? If not could i be voted as the next head of state? I`m almost Royalty. On my gr8, gr8, gr8, gr8...., gr8 grandmother`s side. With me in charge it wouldn`t be long til Canada ruled the world!!! (Loads evil laughter) Yes - EVERYONE would be made to go in the snow! :lol: :evilking:

radyk05
07-20-2005, 08:34 PM

My family rented from the Harts actually.

kool. man, its been a long time since i watched wrestling. i even forgot how to spell the dude's last name. *used to be a hardcore fan*
but... can YOU do the sharpshooter???

07-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Canada has the queen as head of state. Why? Are there no suitable canadian people?

Well it is the Queen, yet it is actually the Governern General who acts in her stead. The GG is picked by the Queen by the recomendation of the Prime Minitser (If I remember correctly). Out of tradition. When Canada was formed through the BNA, it was a dominion. (The full title of Canada is the Dominion of Canada). Until 1931, when the Statue of Westminister was passed, was Canada able to sign international contracts. Also John A. MacDonald and crew were loyalitst and still were pretty partial to the Crown. So I dunno exactly why, but I assume it has to do with MacDonald being a loyalist.

crazybayman
07-21-2005, 12:08 PM
How much better is Alaska than Canada? :)

Not. Alaskan moose are weak man. Weak.

That and they're too close to Russia. That's why we sold it to you Yankees.

lordblazer
07-22-2005, 03:29 AM
Dude the Russians sold it to the americans.

Psychotic
07-22-2005, 03:30 AM
I have a question for Canada:

asl?

Bomber
07-22-2005, 03:37 AM
4902/hermaphrodite/Venus

Does that answer your question...?

Psychotic
07-22-2005, 03:38 AM
Yes, but that leads me on to my next question:

Wanna cyber?

ZeZipster
07-22-2005, 03:39 AM
Damn. Canada gets all the cyber-action. =(

Kakashi509
07-22-2005, 03:41 AM

Wanna cyber?
are you a guy or girl

Psychotic
07-22-2005, 03:42 AM

Wanna cyber?
are you a guy or girlBoth...sometimes...

Kakashi509
07-22-2005, 03:44 AM

Wanna cyber?
are you a guy or girlBoth...sometimes...
canada accepts your offer :tongue:

SilentBlade
07-22-2005, 10:34 AM
my last Science teacher was Canadian

GooeyToast
07-22-2005, 10:40 AM
does Canada like a white Christmas?

~Keep it gooey~

Bomber
07-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Whaddya mean, a white CHRISTMAS!? It's white here ALL the time!!

crazybayman
07-22-2005, 08:19 PM
does Canada like a white Christmas?

~Keep it gooey~
We have no choice. Other wise we die mad.

maxsexcity
07-27-2005, 10:55 AM
i live in the province of Quebec and the people there even if they are canadians citizens are a nation of their own and dont consider themselves as canadians, our language is french, we are seeking our independance and form our own country. Its not that we hate canada, but canada over the centuries have gave us multiple reasons to separate from it due to their lack of respect for our language and by their multiple tentatives to rules our constitutional powers.

crazybayman
07-27-2005, 12:37 PM
i live in the province of Quebec and the people there even if they are canadians citizens are a nation of their own and dont consider themselves as canadians, our language is french, we are seeking our independance and form our own country. Its not that we hate canada, but canada over the centuries have gave us multiple reasons to separate from it due to their lack of respect for our language and by their multiple tentatives to rules our constitutional powers.
Jesus f#ckin' Christ.

Quebec is a beautiful place, but people like you pi$$ me off to no end.

We've only given you cry-babies MORE than your share of seats in parliament. Your French language gets MORE than the respect it deserves, let me tell you.

Canada trying to rule your constitutional powers? Your a PROVINCE. Not your own country. If you ask me, its people like you (not Quebec as a whole) who are arrogant enough to think that you deserve special attention.

You know what? There's a little french island south of Newfoundland called St. Pierre-Miquelon. Its part of France. Don't want to be part of Canada? Want to separate? Why don't you pack it up and go there.

Edit: I'm certain its just certain people, and not Quebec as a whole who eco this individual's opinions. I realize that there are other members here from Montreal (and maybe other Quebecers), and I mean no offense to you people, as my post is not aimed at you. Its just that the attitude displayed above really pisses me off.

Bomber
07-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Pourquoi ne pouvons-nous pas aimer chaque autre...?

lordblazer
07-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Yep thats the problem canada is having right about now lol.Thats what a few of my friends were telling me the other day.

crazybayman
07-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Pourquoi ne pouvons-nous pas aimer chaque autre...?
Its got nothing to do with not liking each other. Quebec is a great place. :p

I just believe that all provinces should be treated equally. No exceptions. That Bloc-Quebecois "we're a different language, give us extra special attention & privilages or we're gonna separate" attitude is ridiculous. Its like childish whining.

Manitoba child: Now Quebec boy, we all should get the same amount of cookies (seats in Parliament)

Quebec boy: NO! I want more!! Or I'm taking my ball and going home!!

Manitoba child: *sigh*

Anyways, enough of that....... :p

now that the NHL is back..........

Go Habs Go :D !!!

Bomber
07-27-2005, 05:36 PM

Forget them...the Flames are our heroes! After all, they nearly won Stanley last season.

GO FLAMES GO!

lordblazer
07-27-2005, 05:44 PM

Forget them...the Flames are our heroes! After all, they nearly won Stanley last season.

GO FLAMES GO!
I'm sorry guys but The Avalanche will prevail this year!!!!!!!!

crazybayman
07-27-2005, 05:45 PM

GO FLAMES GO!
Hell yeah!

Habs fan true and true, but usually its any Canadian team. :p

That was quite a ride last year. I was completely rooting for Calgary the whole way, they've got a real character team. They won me over last year, despite defeating the Habs in '89 :p

Even in Cuba....my girlfriend and I were down at a resort last May for a week, and there were Flames fans down there, all dressed in their jerseys, waving the flags, going crazy. They were playing San Jose at the time.

It was good to see Dave Andreychuk (spelling?) finally win a cup though. Too bad it wasn't Iggy and Kipper raising it!

I'm sorry guys but The Avalanche will prevail this year!!!!!!!!

Yes they got Sakic and Blake nailed down, but its not a matter of buying stars like before, with the Salary cap. Forsberg has expressed interest in playing alongside Naslund. It'll be a much leveller playing field now.

My prediction: Ottawa. If not, they'll give it a good run!

Madame Adequate
07-27-2005, 05:49 PM
All I know about Hockey is that the Pittsburgh team is called the Pittsburgh Penguins, thus making them the best team ever.

I also know that icing is annoying.

So, Canada then? Just like America with mooses, isn't it? :p (Sorry, but I love annoying Canadians by saying that. Kinda like the way I love annoying Brits by calling soccer soccer. :p)

crazybayman
07-27-2005, 05:54 PM
All I know about Hockey is that the Pittsburgh team is called the Pittsburgh Penguins, thus making them the best team ever.

So, Canada then? Just like America with mooses, isn't it? :p (Sorry, but I love annoying Canadians by saying that. Kinda like the way I love annoying Brits by calling soccer soccer. :p)

Also keep your ear out for Sidney Crosby. 18 year old phenom who has been compared to Gretzky and Lemieux. The Penguins happen to be lucky enough to be the team to be drafting him this year.

Moose?!?! Do we ever!!

Yes......*ahem*.....I, actually....uh......am the mutant moose exterminator for my city. I take my gunblade, and go out everyday, patrolling for those crazy suckers as they try to stomp innocent women, children and the elderly to death.

See?

lordblazer
07-27-2005, 06:10 PM

yeah british soccer fans are teh craziest and wildest in this world.No one really cares that the western hemisphere calls it soccer instead of football.But the British always have crap to say.

07-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Canada has more problems than just the seperation of Quebec. I agree with crazybayman for the most part. Quebec actually is a powerful province within Canada, holding (roughly) 25% of the parliament seats and 24 seats in the Senate (wait...that is not power...our Senate is useless piece of crap that we need to get rid of). I think many of the english provinces have tried hard to convince Quebec to remain a province, yet it seems that Quebec is still acting as if we did little. the whole point of the Sponsorship Scandel was to "convince" Quebecers to remain Canadians. It is really foolish wanting to be a "distinct society" because you can speak another language. All languages are equal and should be treated so (don't even get me started about Bill 101, which made all buisnesses in Quebec to have french signs). BTW maxsexcity how long have Canada been giving you guys reasons to seperate? I think you really should look into Canadaian history, seeing as our country is only 138 years old.

Anyways, other problems Canada has: alienation of the West (They, along with the Seperatist Quebecers want a decentralized nation, or better yet the West wants the power to shift from Central [Ontario and Quebec] to West), Parliament and Senate seats (Again the West is not happy here), Native American status (something we need to improve), and many other constitutional points. So really Canada has much turmoil that is unsettled; it is just the majority of the world does not get to see it.

If we could just resolve these problems then Canada would be better...

One more problem...Harper...if he ever becomes PM we are all screwed...Seriously. Harper is against public medicare, and equalization. Two of the greatest things in Canada. Why were the polls for him so low for him, eventhough the Liberals just went through a scandel? Canada in general is scared at what he might do...I am scared of what he might do..