PDA

View Full Version : help with boss (FFI)

lord shishio
07-18-2005, 09:07 PM
I already asked for you're help with the boss in ffII, but I now am at a stale-mate with garland (chaos) of ffI. It goes fine until the end when he heals himself fully. Any posts would be great

Captain Maxx Power
07-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Unfortunately there's not an awful lot you can do except do the battle again and again. Sometimes Garland will go an entire fight without using Full-Cure once. So really it's a case of try and try again. Always keep up the Nul spells on all your characters, and haste/sabre your fighters regularly. O and be sure to keep your HP up. Basic stuff really, but then again most battles in FF1 can be won with basic stragedy.

Crossblades
07-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Nothing to say except keep fighting

Dr Unne
07-18-2005, 11:52 PM
If you lose a battle more than 2 or 3 times in a row I'd say gain a few levels. All that time you spend going through the dungeon could be spent levelling. If you must, fight through the ToF until you get to right before Chaos and then warp out and save. It's like losing the battle, except you get masses of experience and money so the time isn't a waste.

Black Mage FF1
07-19-2005, 12:05 AM
I already asked for you're help with the boss in ffII, but I now am at a stale-mate with garland (chaos) of ffI. It goes fine until the end when he heals himself fully. Any posts would be great

What does your party consist of? And what is their equipment and what version is this? If its DoS then sorry, I cannot help. I have yet to play that version.

boys from the dwarf
07-19-2005, 08:41 AM
which version.if its gameboy version he has 20000hp and can cure up to 9999hp but rarely uses it so if you take off hp quickly he wont be a problem.if you have flare holy and masamune,use them as much as possible.

eestlinc
07-20-2005, 02:54 AM
yea, he can't ever heal himself that much, so just wail on him constantly and keep your HP up until he dies.

TurkSlayer
07-20-2005, 02:58 AM
What level are you? If your at to low a level, then Garland/Chaos will be pretty tough, but if your level 65 up it shouldn't be hard. I beat him at level 78.

lord shishio
07-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Well, to answer you're questions, it's the dos version, and my party consists of a knight, master, white wizard, and black wizard. Everyone is around level 80.

If thats the best I got, fight until you get lucky, I'll take it. Thanks for the help :)

Rase
07-21-2005, 11:37 PM
Yeah, at Level 80, it's should be fairly easy. I tend to beat him around Level 50 and rarely have trouble, unless he's cheap and just keeps healing. But that's pretty rare, so just keep trying and eventually he'll go down.

Creed
07-22-2005, 02:53 AM
I beat him with my FF1 (NES)defaut.

First file on DoS(NES defalt party)

Knight-lvl.45
Master-lvl.45
Ninja-lvl.42(stone)
R.Mage-lvl.39(dead)

Second file on Dos-non class change

Warrior-lvl.65
Warrior-lvl45(Dead)
Theif-lvl.98
Monk-lvl.70(Dead)

Might I add that my second file was as hard as hell!!!

lord shishio
07-22-2005, 11:05 PM
There, I finally beat him, thanks for the help

boys from the dwarf
07-25-2005, 11:55 AM
if your on DoS you can quite easily get 4 ribbons from the secret dungeons to make him loads weaker.

Fireblade13
08-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Hey if he heals well you still have all your defensive spells in tact.

Sefie1999AD
08-26-2005, 11:10 AM
If you lose a battle more than 2 or 3 times in a row I'd say gain a few levels. All that time you spend going through the dungeon could be spent levelling. If you must, fight through the ToF until you get to right before Chaos and then warp out and save. It's like losing the battle, except you get masses of experience and money so the time isn't a waste.

I think lord shishio was playing the Dawn of Souls version, where you can save anywhere, so you don't even have to warp out to save.

Are level proportions really different in DoS? In NES, WSC and PSX, I always beat Chaos on levels 30-50 (he's a breeze if you're on level 40+), and those versions are all considerably harder than the DoS version.

DJZen
08-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Hey if he heals well you still have all your defensive spells in tact.

Why wouldn't you?